R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 08-08-2009, 09:44 PM   #31
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Integra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Integra View Post
any pics of these supposed cracked tanks ?

as you can see....if it were a big problem....we would be seeing A lot more posts about this....as you can see i asked last year for pics...and no one posted jack.
TNS Driver - Radio Post - Blue Groove Apparel - Team Panther - Hitec - Losi - W.E.D. Paint - Clockwork Fuel - Competition Heat - SUMO Racing - Tekin - Team Terribles - M2C Racing - Matrix Concepts - Kal Gard - BuKu Power - DE Racing -
Integra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 09:00 AM   #32
Tech Rookie

I didn't think to take any pics of it before I attempted my repair but my problem occurred after a WOT head on collision with a wooden column. It was as hard a lick as it could be. This caused my tank to split. I never said it was a flaw. Things break when you wreck sometimes. I just wanted to explain what it took to properly fix it if it happens to someone else without a hobby shop close.
Zeusdafreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 09:59 AM   #33
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default losi tanks

I don't run losi anymore, but going back aways, there were a bad batch of tanks when I was cracking them, as were alot of others at the time. Losi/Horizon did replace the tanks, on a side note, losi tanks are made of poly pro material, very hard to get anything to stick to it, the plastic guy that did my tanks said that you have to use poly pro to melt onto it to make it stick. I did have him weld up 2 tanks that were cracked, and they held up for over a year, I kept the other one as a back up and never needed it, its well worth having it weleded up for $15
akiyama77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 01:14 PM   #34
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Integra

I know more then a dozen guys who have ran Losi Since the Beginning and have never experienced the "tank cracking"

and to boot Not a Single person could come up with a pic to prove it.....Yes I FULLY understand things can break under extreme abuse/crash's...but people used to make it out to be a flaw on the designer's part...which is wasn't....that's all im saying.
TNS Driver - Radio Post - Blue Groove Apparel - Team Panther - Hitec - Losi - W.E.D. Paint - Clockwork Fuel - Competition Heat - SUMO Racing - Tekin - Team Terribles - M2C Racing - Matrix Concepts - Kal Gard - BuKu Power - DE Racing -
Integra is offline   Reply With Quote