Team VTX-B1X Buggy ?

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2008, 06:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)
Thumbs up Team VTX-B1X Buggy ?

Team VTX-B1X Buggy ?

I am in the market for a new buggy.

I was on Amainhobbies.Com and i saw the Team VTX-B1X kit.

I have never heard of Team VTX?

So for those you run them and know about them can you give me some info on there car's?They worth it?

Good for racing?

If i do get the buggy i would be running .21 Ninja motor.

Thanks! for any info.
Old 03-13-2008, 07:55 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

i got back into 1/8 scale racing beacause of the cheap price of the VTX RTR buggy.

I ended up buying a losi 8ight beacause my shocks bent inwards after jumping the big triple at my local track

my only problem with the VTX is that when I did break a part,
busted shocks
snapped front chassis brace
i had to wait for online delivery or drive 1 hour away

my local track carries losi and associated so I stuck with them.

one of the more important things when buying an rc car: parts availability
other than that, when my VTX was dialed to the track, it was good
Old 03-13-2008, 09:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I think my buggy is very competitive i've had mine for about a year now and love the car i've changed the motor out because i split the con rod in half trying to roto start the thing for about 30 min. strait dam rookies. But when im dailed in the car does really good and people are suprised that it is a RTR buggy it has good parts and is well built in my opioin My LHS carry's alot of parts and if he dont got them he gets them within4-5 days so thats cool for the money its a great buggy
Attached Thumbnails Team VTX-B1X Buggy ?-poor%2520boy%2520smackdown%25202007%2520109.jpg  
Old 03-14-2008, 07:08 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I love my Losi, but I still miss my VTX! My personal opinion, is that the VTX is a great buggy, for an RTR type. It is VERY durable, after a few upgrades. Mainly the shock towers (20.00 each), and eventually some hinge pin braces. you will bend the originals, if you do alot of "lawn Drating" but once you get the billet ones, you will be good to go. I ran the heck out of mine, and really never had anything break. The stock shocks are actually pretty good. They have a 3.5mm shaft, but its good to have a few spares. Parts are pretty cheap to stock, so order some typical normal spare parts (www.myhobbydepot.com), and go for it! This buggy has many of the adjustments you only find in some of the high end buggies. Customer support is pretty good too.
I raced mine for about a year, and had a blast. Its VERY competetive. I was running with some of the high end buggies, and never was left behind.
VTX is not well known, yet! I was the only VTX running in my area, and was doing pretty good with it.
When someone ask's me about getting into the hobby, I always suggest the VTX as an option.

Good Luck!
Old 03-14-2008, 04:26 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

The VTX-B1 is a lot better buggy than you would think you would get for the money. If you are just starting out, it is a good buy. I used to race for Team VTX racing the VTX-B1 (before the VTX-B1X was released) and had my car handling just like the top brands out there! The support from Team VTX is very good as well. The only problem is getting parts locally, but if you are willing to wait a few days to get your parts, myhobbydepot.com has all the parts in stock! The parts are really reasonably priced as well, even the upgrade billet parts. I would recommend getting the billet shock towers, the billet lower mounts (all 4) and the billet chassis braces. If you want even more durability, I would also recommend getting the rear and center CVDs. Those will last forever! (the dog bone setup doesn't).

I still have my factory VTX-B1 with all the upgrade parts mentioned above that I will sell for about $250 (plus shipping). The chassis with all the parts is almost 2 cars combined! PM me if you are interested.

I do have to admit that I like my RC8 better, but the VTX is a good start.

Last edited by ehartman_49348; 03-14-2008 at 04:41 PM.
Old 03-14-2008, 04:44 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by itsshemp
I love my Losi, but I still miss my VTX! My personal opinion, is that the VTX is a great buggy, for an RTR type. It is VERY durable, after a few upgrades. Mainly the shock towers (20.00 each), and eventually some hinge pin braces. you will bend the originals, if you do alot of "lawn Drating" but once you get the billet ones, you will be good to go. I ran the heck out of mine, and really never had anything break. The stock shocks are actually pretty good. They have a 3.5mm shaft, but its good to have a few spares. Parts are pretty cheap to stock, so order some typical normal spare parts (www.myhobbydepot.com), and go for it! This buggy has many of the adjustments you only find in some of the high end buggies. Customer support is pretty good too.
I raced mine for about a year, and had a blast. Its VERY competetive. I was running with some of the high end buggies, and never was left behind.
VTX is not well known, yet! I was the only VTX running in my area, and was doing pretty good with it.
When someone ask's me about getting into the hobby, I always suggest the VTX as an option.

Good Luck!
Look familiar? it was all about the Lycra shock covers for me with that car.

If someone had told me i would hear the words from someone driving a Losi at the Nitro Challenge "I should have brought the VTX" i would have laughed in their face...

My opinion is to RTR's are false economy, but seeing Shemps VTX on the tracks is a pretty good argument against that.

Picture comes from here... http://jbphotography.smugmug.com/gallery/4014580#P-1-20 some cool photography...
Old 03-14-2008, 05:13 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Greg Waller raced his VTX at the buggy nats last year as well! Due to some bad luck (non-mechanical), he only finished around 50th or so, but it's another proof that the VTX ain't that bad!

Your comment about the RTR is very true and you will upgrading the electronics and engine pretty soon, but the car in question (VTX-B1X) is the new race roller from VTX.

One problem with the VTX that I just thought of that I believe they never fixed is the sealing of the fuel tank, but you can fix that by putting something underneath the fuel cap spring to apply more pressure to the cap. This has been documented on the VTX forum on their website.

Last edited by ehartman_49348; 03-14-2008 at 05:26 PM.
Old 03-14-2008, 06:02 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

heheheh... ask Shemp if he prefers the Losi over the VTX in terms of fuel tanks alone.
Old 03-14-2008, 06:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Thank's for all the in-put guy's