R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 03-12-2008, 07:27 AM   #1
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default JAMMIN X1X

IS THIS CAR STILL COMPETITIVE WITH LOSI EIGHT ECT.
ELIMINATOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 07:29 AM   #2
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 66 (99%+)

of course it is!!!
pwnzor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 11:33 AM   #3
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

The Jammin' X1 is one of the most unappreciated buggies at the moment, and is every bit as good as the Losi/AE/Mugen/Xray/Kyosho, etc. I think that the only reason you don't see them on the top step of the podium in major races is that they aren't willing (or able) to bag the top drivers.

I've heard nothing but praise for the car though, and Jammin' Big Bores are alleged to be the best out there at the moment.
captain america is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 11:48 AM   #4
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

So Chad Bradley is not a top driver? And before the 8ight came out they had Adam Drake as well..
news1213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 12:39 PM   #5
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by news1213 View Post
So Chad Bradley is not a top driver? And before the 8ight came out they had Adam Drake as well..
Nothing against Chad whatsoever. What I meant to convey is that to me, there are about 5 or 6 drivers at the moment that are really in a league of their own, and could likely hand everyone else their rear diff by piloting a Hyper7.

Just because a particular chassis isn't currently in the limelight doesn't necessarily mean it's no longer competitive. I liken it to the old Doritos analogy that goes something like this: it seems like every time you pick up a bag of Doritos, they're trying to convince you that you're getting a better deal: "15% more" and "20% more cheese flavor" and so on and so on. If all that were true, a bag of Doritos would be 6ft tall and made out of solid cheese by now.

Same goes for R/C cars: don't believe the hype
captain america is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 08:35 AM   #6
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 66 (99%+)

Taylor James and the Jammin X1X set TQ for the 2008 Pre-Worlds Championship....nuff' said
pwnzor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 01:48 PM   #7
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Taylor James and the Jammin X1X set TQ for the 2008 Pre-Worlds Championship....nuff' said
exactly pwnzor. Taylor James is an excellent driver. the only reason your not seeing him around all the races is because he went back to school. Chad is also an excellent driver.

Minor mistakes can happen to everybody and sometimes they cost u the race.

Jammin's buggy is the best buggy i have ever ran, i have ran a mugen mbx5, ofna 8.5 and the the factory hot bodies buggy but the only one that i ever did good with was the jammin buggy and that was with the old shocks
wallnutz684 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 08:55 PM   #8
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

loved my jammin and I didnt even have the x1x. the super big bores Im sure only made it better. well rounded buggy. would personally like to see it stay the same as far a geometry and stuff but get down to losi and AE weight.
Mike Elam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 11:54 AM   #9
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to infanterene

I have had the losi, mugen, kyosho, rc8 and now jammin. The rc8 has a slight advantage for me in times but could never finish a race. The jammin is indestructable, the diifs dont leak and the new shocks are incredible. After a month of racing the fluid was still clean.

They have ubdated the rc8 but there still room for improvement. Maybe next year i will switch back.
Old 03-20-2008, 09:19 AM   #10
Tech Apprentice

Send a message via Yahoo to jammin-ninja

There is nothing better that the Jammin series. I have been racing my x1-cr fte for 3 seasons, and only replaced 1 arm, servo saver top plate, and the shock seals.

I just recently picked up a crt from ebay, put $50 into it, threw in a new motor, and took it to the track and pulled a #2 my first time driving it. I'll tell you right now, I am not that good of a driver, but I can get wins because neither of my cars have ever let me down.
jammin-ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 02:04 AM   #11
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Jammin x1xcr 1/8th Nitro Offroad Buggy

Hey jammin guys, i agree that jammin x1xcr is the best buggy so far here in our local track...

Its always in the podium for the series of nitro offroad races here.

I gave up my hyper 8 prokit buggy coz Im really tired of taming the hyper 8 buggy in terms of numerable trial and error set ups...

We race here twice a month and all sorts of top end buggies were hitting the track from the hyper 7, hyper 8, losi 8, Rc8, xray xb8, kyosho inferno to the mbx5r.. nothing comes close to the jammin x1cr in terms of consistency, durability, stability and finesse handling... The price is even friendly...

I test run my x1xcr (it was built by a friend whos driving the x1cr eversince)yesterday with the stock diff oils and stock shock oils in it; and I was quite surprised with the performance compared to my hyper 8( maybe due to improvement of my driving skills)... The bigbore shocks were really great...

Anyway, I was really impressed and looking forward of spending time with my buggy not only in my private tuning moments but also to the future nitro races where we will be competing...

Yes, x1xcr is the best buggy for me ( as far as Im concerned}...

RRR Racing Team= [Kyosho V-One RRR WC Evo] [Novarossi] [Serpent] [Tamiya] [Airtronics M11 2.4 ghz] [Nosram] [LRP TC Spec]
[Mugen MBX5T Prospec] [X1XCR Pro Jammin Buggy] [ Hobao hyper 8.5 Prokit Buggy]
Rhoby 1257 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 02:51 PM   #12
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

i know this is an old thread but has alot of good info.

i just do bashing and found used lx1 and x1x locally. Which should i get. I would like to have a nice model even though i just do bashing.
Old 06-23-2011, 01:24 AM   #13
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by wantboost View Post
i know this is an old thread but has alot of good info.

i just do bashing and found used lx1 and x1x locally. Which should i get. I would like to have a nice model even though i just do bashing.
get the x1x. it will hold up much better
markkris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 01:28 AM   #14
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by markkris View Post
get the x1x. it will hold up much better
or how about the lx2?
I was also thinking a hb d8 cause parts are more available; alsoI'm not sure if its worth payoing the extra$ for the the new champoins version?