Community
Wiki Posts
Search

RPM Parts

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2008, 07:25 PM
Tech Rookie

Default RPM Parts

What do you guys think about RPM parts? Are they worth buying? And are they really unbreakable?
Old 03-09-2008, 07:27 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Nothing is unbreakable, but from what I hear they are damn near close
Old 03-09-2008, 07:32 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

They are almost impossible to break, almost. I have broken two of them and both times i broke them i hit something so hard they had to break. cool thing is that you can send them into RPM if you do break one and they send you back a replacement part at no cost. I usually bought a whole other pack of them and then sent the broken one in just so i would have a stockpile of spares. Plus with them being such soft plastic, they will start sagging over time if you let the truck set on the tires for long periods of time.
Old 03-10-2008, 09:12 AM
Tech Regular

Thumbs up RPM

Ive replaced the front arms on my T4 with RPM arms from the nitro GT2 truck and yes Id agree that they are very close to being bullet proof. I'm racing indoors (carpet offroad) while the snow is falling up here in Canada. I was breaking a front arm almost everytime on the track, until I replaced the factory arms with RPM arms and haven't broken one yet... I highly recommend RPM products as they are lighter and stronger then the stock replacements.
Old 03-10-2008, 10:07 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

RPM is wayyy up the totem pole as far as I'm concerned. The engineering behind their parts is incredible, the quality of the plastic molding is second to none, and a lot of what they make is light and rigid enough that an expert racer wouldn't mind using them out of durability's sake. I've never in my 7 or so years of driving and racing heard any negative comments about RPM parts