R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 03-09-2008, 07:14 PM   #16
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (86%+)

I apply extra glue into the fine ridges where the rim and tire make contact. I used to play (yes, i didn't use the word 'race' because I was just bashing around) on-road and it helped to stiffen up the sidewall a little bit and the tires are harder to come off.
Old 03-09-2008, 07:25 PM   #17
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

CA glue requires moisture in the air to help it dry. I see you live in canada its possible the air is dry and the glue will take alot longer to cure. Try letting it sit with the bead wraped to hold it tight overnight.
Old 03-09-2008, 11:52 PM   #18
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigilante212 View Post
CA glue requires moisture in the air to help it dry. I see you live in canada its possible the air is dry and the glue will take alot longer to cure. Try letting it sit with the bead wraped to hold it tight overnight.
i think thats what kinda happened, i came back in the morning and the one tire that i really worked on was stuck nicely in some places, but not so much the others. i brought everything inside to see if temp had anything to do with it.

T Lawrence is a scamming scumbag

Tonys Screws l carolinasrc.com l spektrum (?)
Mugen MBX-5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 06:48 AM   #19
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

damn I'm tired of your attitude....

go buy some friggin preglued tires if you can't figure this simple thing out....
Crim3Wav3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 09:12 AM   #20
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugen MBX-5 View Post
i think thats what kinda happened, i came back in the morning and the one tire that i really worked on was stuck nicely in some places, but not so much the others. i brought everything inside to see if temp had anything to do with it.
If you're trying to glue tires out in a garage that's freezing cold, then yes, you are going to have problems with the glue curing.
gubbs3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 12:04 PM   #21
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

all the cleaning you did should have them stuck together forever... i think it's the glue that went bad... they may look fine and works well to stick your fingers together... but they don't fuse the plastics and rubber together like when they are new...

try loctite 406... they'll stick them together till the tires tear and shredd and will still not give way....

ca tends to get thicker when they are going bad... once that happens, it's time to throw them away.... so, bottom line is, buy the smallest amount that is available, unless you run a tire glueing business...
HobbyThingzBlk 201-E, Tampines Street 23, #01-118, Singapore 520201. Tel: 65-67828311, HP: 65-97465015. www.hobbythingz.com, team@hobbythingz.com
Regional Sole Distributor for Team Associated, Orbit Electronics, J Concept and PolyButler. Dealer for Tamiya, Kyosho, GS, Proline, Byron, Os Engines, RB, Futaba, Sanwa, KO.....
Please note that we are closed every Tuesday and P.Holiday. Hours are: 12pm-9pm.
Maikaitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 12:36 PM   #22
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (96%+)
Send a message via AIM to chewiefttc4 Send a message via Yahoo to chewiefttc4

two words

mold release its used on the rubber tire so it frees itself from the mold after injection.

take electric motor spray douch the bead. and soak a rag with the spray and get to wiping.. sometimes it will take four maybe five times for the mold release to stop seeping out of the rubber.

after i figured this out ive never had a tire come off. also you should get yourself some good heavy duty rubber bands.. put them on after you glue the tires.

also the BEST tire glue ive bought so far. is the losi tire glue.. not because of hte glue but because of hte bottle.. the tip doesnt clog the top doesnt get stuck on it.. and theres a little tube that you insert into the tip to make gluing tires fool proof and you dont get your fingers full of glue.
chewiefttc4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 01:15 PM   #23
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

here the method I use from Nitrohouse, I use out Ofna tire glue which is thin glue and bond quickly to the point that I don't use rubber bands, these vids are a great help. The pro-line glue is also good stuff I've seen many pro-drivers use it like Kortz,Jay Halsey,Degani right before a qual. or main and not have tire problems, it's all about preping the tire and wheel. I always use denatured alchohol to clean the release mold.

http://nitrohouse.com/video_help.htm

DJ
Ofna Racing
-R2- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 08:57 AM   #24
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I was just about to post a link to that video, DJ!

You beat me to it.

It is a good video on the subject.

Prepping and gluing tires the right way is a somewhat time and labor intensive affair. Be patient with it.
rabidsquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 03:07 PM   #25
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maikaitan View Post
all the cleaning you did should have them stuck together forever... i think it's the glue that went bad... they may look fine and works well to stick your fingers together... but they don't fuse the plastics and rubber together like when they are new...

try loctite 406... they'll stick them together till the tires tear and shredd and will still not give way....

ca tends to get thicker when they are going bad... once that happens, it's time to throw them away.... so, bottom line is, buy the smallest amount that is available, unless you run a tire glueing business...
yeah it does look pretty thick..i ordered some new stuff, well see how it works.

Old 03-11-2008, 03:09 PM   #26
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by -R2- View Post
here the method I use from Nitrohouse, I use out Ofna tire glue which is thin glue and bond quickly to the point that I don't use rubber bands, these vids are a great help. The pro-line glue is also good stuff I've seen many pro-drivers use it like Kortz,Jay Halsey,Degani right before a qual. or main and not have tire problems, it's all about preping the tire and wheel. I always use denatured alchohol to clean the release mold.

http://nitrohouse.com/video_help.htm

DJ
Ofna Racing
wicked video, ill have to get a dremel and try that out. thanks.

Old 03-11-2008, 03:10 PM   #27
Tech Regular

EDITED FOR CONTENT

Last edited by Aaron Waldron; 03-11-2008 at 11:35 PM.