Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
[B][COLOR="Black"][SIZE="5"]GO TECH ENGINES what are your opinons?[/SIZE][/COLOR][/B] >

[B][COLOR="Black"][SIZE="5"]GO TECH ENGINES what are your opinons?[/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[B][COLOR="Black"][SIZE="5"]GO TECH ENGINES what are your opinons?[/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2008, 05:21 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (89%+)
Default [B][COLOR="Black"][SIZE="5"]GO TECH ENGINES what are your opinons?[/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

Thinking of one of these motors for my Losi 8t
Any info pros or cons
Old 02-26-2008, 05:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

1) There is already a Go Engine thread here. Search around and you'll find it.
2) I ran the silver head engine last summer. It was a good engine for me. All in all they're very good bang for the buck. I've read of some carb sealing issues and where some racers have swapped in a NR carb. I do believe they got that fixed though. Russel, the gentleman who works (or owns?) Race Factor, the importer of Go engines, is a great guy, very active on numerous forums and always willing to help Go users out. The one major negative I did feel with the Go is that they are extemely, if not ridiculously tight out of the box. They are very difficult to turn over making break in a bit more difficult for the average user. Take your time with break in, it may take up to a gallon or more for the metal pinch to fully disappear, but once it does, you'll have a very good engine. Also, if I remember correctly, they both (the 7 and 5 port) seem to favor the 053 pipes.
Old 02-27-2008, 11:04 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I have two Go Tech engines. A 5 port .21 and a 7 port .21. They are really good engines and they produce a lot of power. I have to agree with NitroOB4You that the Go Tech engine are extremely tight. You will need to use the extra head shim during the break-in procedure which lowers the compression and helps the engine turn over/start a little easier. The recommended pipes for the Go tech engine are the 2047, or the Dynamite 086 for the 5 port and Dynamite 053 for the 7 port.
Old 02-27-2008, 12:23 PM
Tech Adept

I would like to buy the three port but it seems as if they have been back-ordered for months. Who has these motors in stock?
Old 02-27-2008, 01:54 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Like someone mentioned below, I recommend you post on the "GO Tech" thread and I am sure Russel will respond. He is a standup guy and will steer you in the right direction. Engines are phenomenal and the support even better.
Old 02-27-2008, 01:58 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Here is the thread.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthread.php?t=177028