Old 02-25-2008, 09:06 PM   #16
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

CEN Matrix TR
headrushhobbies.com
Old 02-26-2008, 11:42 AM   #17
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

well.. all i can say is. to each his own.. i personally use te STRR, and have been using the ST-R for bout 2 years almost.. its a great truck, and very durable.. the new gears in the ST-RR are great..

also, look at whos winning.. Ryan Lutz, ST-RR, Cody King, ST-RR, even Cavalieri, sponsored by Associated.. and his truck of choice.. ST-RR. took him to victory at the last nitro pit race..
Proline Racing / RC America / Xray
dgrobe2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 01:53 PM   #18
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Depends on who you ask.

I've seen just about every one of 'em run with reasonable club or sponsored drivers behind the wheel.

The Losi and Jammin' are HARD to beat for parts availablilty; ease of maintenance and overall ease of driveability.

The Losi suffers slightly in the forward bite dept; but its a little lighter than most of the others as well. It jumps superbly and does well on rough tracks.

The Jammin' is super easy to drive and works well basically everywhere. Its also near-indestructible. I would wait for the X2 to be released in April; but you won't go wrong with the current truck either.
mblgjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 02:50 PM   #19
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

also, look at whos winning.. Ryan Lutz, ST-RR, Cody King, ST-RR, even Cavalieri, sponsored by Associated.. and his truck of choice.. ST-RR. took him to victory at the last nitro pit race..[/QUOTE]

While I agree the st-rr is a great truck I wouldnt necessarily agree with the above statement. The drivers mentioned above are obviously exceptional drivers and with all due respect give them a tyco from radio shack and they would probably beat the average club racer with hobby grade equipment. While it doesnt hurt to look at which trucks/engines are getting consistant podiums also keep in mind companies with deep pockets can buy those podium spots if they have enough good drivers.

I am more familiar with the str than the st-rr so what I am about to say may be incorrect.... But the 2 things that turn me off about Kyosho is phillips head screws and e-clips. Kyosho makes a great product and even though generally kyosho kits and parts are some of the highest priced on the market they do hold up awesome and so they are worth the money.

I would still say mugen mbx5t prospec hands down. I have one and even though I wanna sell it to try something new I just have a hard time getting rid of something that has worked so well for me.
blowpopracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 06:40 PM   #20
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to TripleX-JT

I have to agree with Robert on the CEN Matrix TR. I spent hours researching all the ins and the outs on all the Truggies out there. I found that overall the CEN Matrix was the best choice for me. Their customer service is above and beyond. CEN is an up and coming company with lots to offer that is why I wanted to be a part of them.

I also have to agree that you cant base your decision on what the pros are driving. They are pros for a reason. You probably could give them a Tyco or Nikko car or truck and they will still win.