Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
CEO Power mods , anyone done the engine mod? >

CEO Power mods , anyone done the engine mod?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CEO Power mods , anyone done the engine mod?

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2008, 08:19 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Smile CEO Power mods , anyone done the engine mod?

hey everyone, just picked up a TM523 for my revo.
excited about spring time

was curious if anyone has done the standard engine mod
that ceo power mods offers?
says it helps the idle speed and overall punch/speed etc.

or has anyone done their engine break in?

pretty curious about their stuff!

thanks for any information

http://www.ceopowermods.com/index.ph...page=page&id=7
theres their info page
Old 02-24-2008, 09:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

It should have plenty of power for you. The work Chris does is solid and I have never had a problem with his work. He always does the breakins for me. I just don't have the time. Probably one of the most laid back guys around at the track. If you have an issue give him a call and he will get you going.
Old 02-25-2008, 05:43 AM
Tech Regular

I personally have never had him do my motor but after seeing some of the guys at the tracks engines all I can say is WOW. I will definately be sending my motor to him once Im in the market to buy a new one.

Some guys at the track have been having rb s3s modded with very good results. The one that impresses me though is a friend has a ceo modded rb6bb. That thing has soooooo much power its crazy. Definately the most powerful motor I seen on the track to date.
Old 02-25-2008, 07:34 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Please delete !!!

Last edited by Maximo; 03-16-2008 at 01:54 PM.
Old 02-25-2008, 07:47 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Maximo
CEO does have a good reputation.... But his motors are not modded to increase power, quite the contrary to be honest.... If anything he takes a little power out of them to make them more tractable and driveable and improve slick track performance..... I own a CEO C6 and its not a powerful motor by any stretch of the imagination....But it is smooth and tractable and is likely very good on a slick track.but it doesn't make anywhere near the HP and tq of some of the other modded .21's I run .... Every modder has a different style ,technique and goal , most current modders do not actually increase an engines ouput but rather smooth out and improve the engines powerband and mileage .......... Now on the other hand a select few modders do actually increase an engines output..Adam from AB Mods as well as myself are two modders who do add power to the motors.........I am sure most modders should know how to increase power, but most choose not to.....

If this is true, I am truely amazed. That c6 has more power than any motors at our track. We have some modded .28 and they dont even compare to the c6. It is seriously the fastest motor I have seen! If you are serious about you being able to mod a c6, or any .21 for that matter, PM me your info about which motors they are and what your prices are. I dont need that much power but I love to "flex my muscles" with my engines. I by all means dont mean this as negative, so please dont take it that way.
Old 02-25-2008, 09:10 AM
Tech Champion

please delete

Last edited by Maximo; 03-16-2008 at 01:54 PM.
Old 02-25-2008, 09:45 AM
Tech Master

I have not run any of Chris's mod motors but I see him at the track alot and he is a stand up nice guy.
Old 02-25-2008, 10:14 AM
Tech Adept

thanks for all the replies.

i'm a basher , so still not sure on the mod.
my truck is pretty weighed down though.
lots of titanium on the bottom, and flex tek a arms.

i'm going to go with the bench break in for sure.
its cold out, and i'm still pretty new to RC.
worth a try.

i've actually not even been to a track yet

need to find more going on around the chicago suburbs.
it can be tough learning about rc stuff alone,
this board helps a lot!
Old 02-25-2008, 01:13 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by atebit
thanks for all the replies.

i'm a basher , so still not sure on the mod.
my truck is pretty weighed down though.
lots of titanium on the bottom, and flex tek a arms.

i'm going to go with the bench break in for sure.
its cold out, and i'm still pretty new to RC.
worth a try.

i've actually not even been to a track yet

need to find more going on around the chicago suburbs.
it can be tough learning about rc stuff alone,
this board helps a lot!

Not sure where you are at in the chi town suburbs but I have heard great things about leisure hours raceway in joliet Il. Not sure if you knew about them or not. For what its worth I race in eastern Iowa and this year once again they are gonna have a pro series qualifier there. It is really a great time if you can do the drive and are interested PM me for details.
Old 02-25-2008, 01:19 PM
Tech Regular

Maximo where can I get more details about your mods and costs and good stuff like that?

Also not to hijack the thread but If I may for a moment.....

If I told you I just want the most radical,wild engine with stupid power. What mill would you recommend starting with, can be any manufacturer .21/.28.
Old 02-25-2008, 02:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

I agree, every modder that does a mod on a motor has their take on what a mod is or should be. Having said that, I know the motors Phil Antondo runs when he runs a club race in Sac. has more motor than most guys there. I don't know what kind of Hp he is getting but it sure is fast going around the track. Then again he is a "Pro" and that may be all the differance, all I can say is its more motor than I need. Also Maximo is right about getting the power to the ground over haveing the most Hp out there and all the other factors that are involved.
Old 02-25-2008, 03:29 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

a friend of mine runs ceo power engines, And I know he is impressed as well as me. They get awesome run time and the novarossi ceo he runs is ballistic
Old 02-25-2008, 05:08 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by blowpopracer
Maximo where can I get more details about your mods and costs and good stuff like that?

Also not to hijack the thread but If I may for a moment.....

If I told you I just want the most radical,wild engine with stupid power. What mill would you recommend starting with, can be any manufacturer .21/.28.

the sickest fastest engine would be a GRP/Ninja 28 modified........absolutely unreal....
Old 02-26-2008, 08:10 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Maximo
CEO does have a good reputation.... But his motors are not modded to increase power, quite the contrary to be honest.... If anything he takes a little power out of them to make them more tractable and driveable and improve slick track performance..... I own a CEO C6 and its not a powerful motor by any stretch of the imagination....But it is smooth and tractable and is likely very good on a slick track.but it doesn't make anywhere near the HP and tq of some of the other modded .21's I run .... Every modder has a different style ,technique and goal , most current modders do not actually increase an engines ouput but rather smooth out and improve the engines powerband and mileage .......... Now on the other hand a select few modders do actually increase an engines output..Adam from AB Mods as well as myself are two modders who do add power to the motors.........I am sure most modders should know how to increase power, but most choose not to.....
I can't disagree more, Chris' engines make way more power, they are just properly modded so they are smoother & not a light switch like some engine "mods" I have 5 of Chris' engine & they are all insane, I have never lost a race due to the engine no having enough power. talk to a few of Chris' team drivers & ask if they think the engines have less power then Stock. I've had a few Modded engines from other companies & Chris' engines are the best. Chris has a great rep & sales a ton of engines not only through his website, but through several Very Large On-line hobby shops, if it wasn't faster no one would be buying them. There are only 2 people I'd let mod anything I run, #1 is Chris, #2 is Ed Bridges but given the choice I'd pick Chris everytime.
Old 02-27-2008, 09:52 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Last edited by Hopper99; 12-26-2010 at 09:37 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.