R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 03-12-2008, 09:41 PM   #31
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Integra View Post
Im gonna 2nd EVERY SINGLE WORD max has said.....CEO does 1/10 of what max does to a mill....Plain and simple...CEO LOST Hp on a C6 mod....and the Dyno Proved it.....yes it boils down to how much power ur tires/traction can take...but when u have a Ballz out TRUE 2+hp mill....it stands out and people ask about it....as for a C6 being the Fastest motor far from...its Fast....but takes some Serious timing changes to make it......also like Max said...U want a Crazy Race .28 the Ninja is what u want....Max is Not a normal modder....he actually takes the time to learn the motor and time it before he even thinks about cutting into it.....RARELY will he bust out the dremel to do any cutting...95% of his work is By HAND with jewelery files..on the INSIDE of the sleeve...Not the outside which "looks purdy to N00bs"...but in all out reality does NOTHING for the smoothness and efficiency of the mill....we also bore the crank and ramp the window which decreases a bit of case volume giving Much better milage.....there's WAY more to it..that i wont get into...because thats Max's bread and butter...But i can DARN WELL GUARENTEEEEE u....that there is NO OTHER modder out there like max....PLAIN AND SIMPLE. 2.4HP P3...Nuff said.

Adam from AB hit 2.5 HP .... !!! can't forget about Adam bro, he mods some nasty bad ass motors.....He has offered me some excellent advice and insight

CEO wins many races and I have respect for that.. He just has a different style and goal then I do....I wasn't intending to piss people off or anything..I just felt there was a very distinct difference between a CEO motor and what I do, and I was attempting to explain the differences .

Integra I appreciate the kind words, but I fear most people are very skeptical of anyone who runs against the grain, especially a nobody like me making big outrageous claims that go against the grain of popular beliefs...... Hopefully one day soon more of my motors will be spread into circulation and people will be able to judge my work by its performance and not by words on the internet....
Maximo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 02:40 AM   #32

Thumbs down

No offence guys but this thread is just blah, blah, blah... honestly look at it from an outsiders perspetive... do we really want to look like a bickering bunch of school girls... what does this say to someone wanting to enter the hobby... its all i seem to see!!!! along with biased opinions!!! build a bridge get over it, just cause u have x brand with y motor does not mean it is the best bar none period!!!!
Loop&Roll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 07:16 AM   #33
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loop&Roll View Post
No offence guys but this thread is just blah, blah, blah... honestly look at it from an outsiders perspetive... do we really want to look like a bickering bunch of school girls... what does this say to someone wanting to enter the hobby... its all i seem to see!!!! along with biased opinions!!! build a bridge get over it, just cause u have x brand with y motor does not mean it is the best bar none period!!!!
Please delete

Last edited by Maximo; 03-16-2008 at 02:21 PM.
Maximo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 05:40 PM   #34
Tech Regular

Hello Maximo
You talk about the dyno, what brand or make and a little more info about it please.
Thanks, Jake
jake alton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 06:05 PM   #35
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximo View Post
Adam from AB hit 2.5 HP .... !!! can't forget about Adam bro, he mods some nasty bad ass motors.....He has offered me some excellent advice and insight

CEO wins many races and I have respect for that.. He just has a different style and goal then I do....I wasn't intending to piss people off or anything..I just felt there was a very distinct difference between a CEO motor and what I do, and I was attempting to explain the differences .

Integra I appreciate the kind words, but I fear most people are very skeptical of anyone who runs against the grain, especially a nobody like me making big outrageous claims that go against the grain of popular beliefs...... Hopefully one day soon more of my motors will be spread into circulation and people will be able to judge my work by its performance and not by words on the internet....
Max you might strike some people wrong sometimes or just get blunt and tell things how they are and people not react well to it. But there is one thing I like about you... You tell it how it is and give credit where credit is due. If proven wrong you will admit it, and I respect that.

As far as dynos I own and operate and X-Dyno for use as a R&D tool for my business AB Mods. I know whos engines are making power and who's aren't.. And I can tell you that my engines are definitely making on top power and getting the mileage to go along with it
Old 03-14-2008, 01:20 PM   #36
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

For those that want to try a modded motor over a stock, I think its worth it. You can use any modder out there and the motor should be better than stock. I run the CEO mods and haven't found anything lacking in the motor yet. I went with CEO because Chris is an upstanding guy, close to me (a little bit faster turn around on shipping), and runs some of the races I run (getting some tuning help or parts if needed).
Teufel Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 08:06 PM   #37
Tech Adept

I bought a hot mods plus 21/5 and the work on the engine was virtually non existent( 2 little flutes on the liner).The engine ran fine but no better or faster than my mates plus 21/5 and for the extra money i wont be buying one again. Most of the modders out there in my opinion only blueprint the engine and remove small manufacturing errors but don't really modify them in a major way. A friend of mine modifies moto X engines for a living and alot of the work he does is basically removing manufacturing errors (blueprinting) .He only properly modifies the engines for the racers who can handle the extra power and gain from it as the work involved is very time consuming and expensive. The mods i have seen on rc engines are normally only a little porting etc which makes a negligible difference.I like the sound of Maximo as he certainly sounds like he knows what he is doing so i think my next engine will be paying him a visit.
damo666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 04:29 AM   #38
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

LOL
There is so much to the mechanics of these little monsters that can be done to improve performance that it is mind bending to say the least!
Max, you don't need to defend yourself !! You know what's going on!
Let them find out for themselves , as most posting are new and DON'T know!
99% usually ruin these good engines by running them too lean/or rich and not keeping the dirt out ,because they don't know the proper way to prep their air filters.
As producing "these special mods" is quite easy with a milling machine, no automation needed, you are paying someone for the time it took them to put the sleeve in the machine and mill it.
A true modded engine needs the crank ground and polished internally, timing reground into it(precisely) and a 5 axis cnc mill to rework the sleeves !!
not many people have a $200,000.00 milling machine nevermind the knowledge to program it, and a grinding machine for the cranks !
So folks, keep paying an extra $100 + for these mods or send your engine to only a few guys that REALLY know!!

MAximo and Andy Brown are the only ones I know of that truely spend the quality time to do it correctly. And I think AB has the grinding stuff, just not the 5 axis cnc (Yet lol)
mremtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 09:26 AM   #39
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

I too have a Hott Mod motor and was a little confused when I saw how little "work" had been done to it. It did run better than my identical stock motor I have, but for the price I paid would have liked to seen more done to it. It goes back to each modder has their own idea of what a mod is or should be. I have no doubt that MaxyMods and AB Mods both produce quality modded motors and know their stuff, but I have not seen one of theirs being run out here so I have no comment on their motors (good or bad). I bet there are many other modders around the world that have some of the best mods out there, yet many don't get the chance to see them run. The orginial question was about one modder and if anyone had work done by that modder, in this case CEO Power Mods. While I do enjoy the debate, maybe we should try to stay on track.
As for the comment about most posting are new and don't know, that may be true or not. Don't assume the low post count means someone is new to the hobby. That mearly means that they are new to this forum, like I am. Yet I have been the hobby for over 25 years and have been around the track a time or two, so while I am new here I am not new to the hobby.
Teufel Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 01:25 PM   #40
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

It was just a generalization about the newbies I am sure there are a pile of folks out there that have been around for a very long time, I just think there are WAY more newbies, due to the fact that there are tons of RTR's available now ,and in most cases the engines really run well. What we see here for the most part, are the folks that had a bad time tuning or what not with something looking for a miracle(in some cases LOL) or educated answers from those that know, and sarcasm from others .
All I can say is thank goodness we are not all in the same room at the same time,LOL, as someone could end up getting hurt or embarrassed or placed on a pedestal and worshiped .... Nah I doubt that but you get my point , its all in the eyes of the beholder really.
Now back to the subject of CEO mods. I have seen a ton of mods by most everyone that sells them in volume, they do change the performance ,be-it ever slight , it is there and most are very slight !! You really need to be on your game to notice the difference!
The easiest mod you can do to these engines is to soften up the hit from the bottom end! And if the engine has no bottom at all, well you can't get it back with out some serious rework ,and even still yo uneed to pipe the thing and tune it , being the hardest part of all if you don't have any expeirience do this.
These little boogers can give the best tuners' fits too . For example the 367 Novarossi or the P7 EVO Picco , I have seen both run wicked and in the same day, same engine, run totally horrid. Just have to be on your game and have some previous knowledge to help diag a problem.
mremtr is offline   Reply With Quote