Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
What is the Difference between LPR's tires and MTR? >

What is the Difference between LPR's tires and MTR?

What is the Difference between LPR's tires and MTR?

Old 02-23-2008, 04:51 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default What is the Difference between LPR's tires and MTR?

I am new to Nitro offroad, I am coming from electric On-road. I know the spec differences between the Mtr's and LPR. What i would like to know if there is a big handling gain with the LPR's? Is is worth it to buy a new set of tires just to gain the handling?

thanks to all for the input!!
Old 02-23-2008, 05:07 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

I was running CF MTR's on my truggies forever. When the LPR's came out I decided to try out a set. In my opinion (I am a club racer, not a pro) I didn't notice much of a difference in handling, which to me is a good thing. I liked the way the MTR's handled and I wanted the LPR's to handle the same, but with the advantages of the LPR's, which is less tire rollover and less un-sprung weight. The Regular MTR's do seem to have a little more cushioning, since they are thicker, but I am sticking with the LPR's.
Old 02-26-2008, 09:29 PM
Tech Regular

I have used the GRP tires in the past and now the lpr panther gators on my truggy. I on the other hand immediately felt a huge difference. I didnt change anyhing on my setup just changed the wheels. I felt that the truck had better traction as well as better steering reaction. Overall for me they were a huge improvement and a good investment. I gained about a second on my fastest laptime.
Old 02-27-2008, 12:13 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

thank you to the two of you for your input on this topic. I wish more people would give their two cents worth before i go out and buy some LPR wheels and tires.

thanks
Old 02-27-2008, 01:29 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

just buy the lpr hole shots.. just like the two.. u will notice the difference.. i've actually giving away all of my mtr's cuz i knew i wouldn't use those anymore..
Old 02-27-2008, 04:33 PM
Tech Initiate

After many hour$ of testing the lpr's are faster and suggest switching NOW. They are less forgiving but make up for it in the long run. Also try the losi buggy rim on your other cars also.
Old 02-27-2008, 07:45 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by jz113
just buy the lpr hole shots.. just like the two.. u will notice the difference.. i've actually giving away all of my mtr's cuz i knew i wouldn't use those anymore..
You could try cutting down the tires to fit on the LPR rims