Community
Wiki Posts
Search

idle question

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2008, 05:22 PM
Tech Rookie

Default idle question

i have the o.s. v-spec. everything are fine except when i put my truggy off the ground and blip the throttle, then the rpm stays high for about 7 seconds then it goes down to normal idle. same thing happens when i start the truck. is my low speed too lean? or rich? the truck runs pretty good. it has lots of power. when i stop the car and full throttle it, it accelerates with no problem. temps are between 225-250. any idea?
Old 02-20-2008, 05:32 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (86%+)

Originally Posted by Truggy007
i have the o.s. v-spec. everything are fine except when i put my truggy off the ground and blip the throttle, then the rpm stays high for about 7 seconds then it goes down to normal idle. same thing happens when i start the truck. is my low speed too lean? or rich? the truck runs pretty good. it has lots of power. when i stop the car and full throttle it, it accelerates with no problem. temps are between 225-250. any idea?
Yup, same problem here.....Still looking for an answer
Old 02-20-2008, 08:46 PM
Tech Rookie

that sounds pretty good to me??? have you tried the pinch test? look it up but it goes something like this: get the car up to temp the rev the engine and let it go back to idle a few times, then when at idle pinch the fuel line about an inch before the carb. The engine should slowly rev up in RMPfor a few seconds before wanting to stall.

No I would be interested in some feed back as to way the engine wants to continue to rev at idle. My guess it that the system builds up pressure when at higher RPMs via the fuel line from the pipe to the tank. Anyone have expert input?
Old 02-20-2008, 08:56 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Back your throttle trim right off, richen the low speed a bit and bump the idle screw down.

Sounds like a lean condition with the idle screw to far out.
Old 02-20-2008, 09:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (94%+)

I was having the same trouble last year and I asked a Pro driver that knows v-specs very well and I had the low end to lean. I think he took it out like 6 hours and then it ran great. I don't know that it has anything to do with anything else but I would start by going out 4 hours anyways and see if that helps