noob here is this car decent?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

noob here is this car decent?

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2008, 08:49 AM
Tech Rookie

Questions?? noob here is this car decent?

ok, i have a nitro evader st (duratrax) and what i am told is a pos smartech., although the smartech seems to have less issues, that durareax can pretty much kick the dirt if ask me, i have not had 1 problem with that thing (in engine wise) ANYWAY...i have 2 questions. i still want the 2 cars, but i think the duratrax engine might be beond repair, and i could care less to be honest about it. but i like the engine on my smartech. (see what im gettin at here?) would it be possible to swap the duratrax engine with the smartech? and 2 is this car decent? i would really love somthing lifted like this, and the auction has reviews that say its a great ride, KEEP IN MIND: ("I LITTERALLY WANT SOMTHING I CAN RIDE HARD AND PUT AWAY WET AND AND DIRTY")
and also keep in mind that ill have to pump my ma 4 my b-day and x-mas money to get this car (considering im 14) wich means i need somthing that i can have WORKING at xmas and my b-day in july. also kep in mind, i am very inpaitent with these things (mabey why im starting on my 3rd 1 in 3 yrs)
thanks alot guys. here is the link to the auction, if this car is no good, ill need to get somthing 150 or under, i get 50 at my b-day and 100 4 x-mas. TURN DOWN YR SOUND BEFORE CLICKING THE LINK!!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/BrandNew-RC-Nitr...ayphotohosting

THANKS AGAIN

--JASON
Old 02-18-2008, 02:40 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

this is said alot because its on point... if you cant get parts for it, theres no need of getting it. all r/c cars will break over time, be it from wearing out or operator error. the first day of owning it you may hit a curb or tree stump, break a shock tower or A-arm and then your back where you started from. SAVE YOUR MONEY (i know its tough), and get a traxxas nitro sport 230 dollars or so. it works and they make parts for it.
Old 02-18-2008, 03:25 PM
Tech Rookie

thanks for the info. you know, working on harleys and "motorized bicycles" it sounds like ur speaking a foregin language lol. my main goal for this winter was to go ice driving (on the nearby pond) we used to set up snow ramps, with our toy humvees, and do donuts and crap, and i wanted to do that sort of thing again, and i think it would be very fun to go on some decent jumps rather than going around parking lots i love the idea of going up a ramp sideways lol mabey im just wierd
Old 02-18-2008, 03:42 PM
Tech Rookie

hey, i just e-bayed that car, and it said it has some kind of diagnostic, and a push button start! that is like heaven 4 me! lol, is this tru? or is this just jubberish???? heres the link

http://cgi.ebay.com/Traxxas-Nitro-Sp...QQcmdZViewItem

and if so how would that work? (diagnostic thingo)

and lastly, does anyone else having issues with extremely long loads on this site?? no other site loads this slow 4 me, and i got comcast cable
Old 02-19-2008, 08:18 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

im pretty sure it has a small electric motor attached to the engine thats used to start it. the diagnostic device is more than likely just 3 LEDs to tell you if your batteries are low. its not the best car, but they hold up well if not abused badly. and just remember to keep ur motor on the rich side. smoke is good! also read up on engine tuning, cause most cheap engines dont hold a tune very long.
Old 02-19-2008, 10:22 PM
Tech Apprentice

the nitro sport is good but i would recommend to spend a little more and get a nitro rustler it is new technology and traxxas has great support! Also it does have the easy start on it makes starting a breeze for beginners!