R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 03-02-2008, 08:13 PM   #31
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sp2thielen View Post
shouldnt need to many parts. K parts last a long time. after a couple seasons they all come out with new cars any way.

Ya hum I had a ST-R and the tank was broke when I bought it. It took over a month to get a replacement from Kyosho. After that I sold it and will NEVER buy another Kyosho again EVER.
LosiMadMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 09:52 PM   #32
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to ezveedub Send a message via Yahoo to ezveedub

Quote:
Originally Posted by LosiMadMan View Post
Ya hum I had a ST-R and the tank was broke when I bought it. It took over a month to get a replacement from Kyosho. After that I sold it and will NEVER buy another Kyosho again EVER.
Kyosho is not the only source of parts. I sure most don't buy direct from Kyosho anyway.
Old 03-02-2008, 09:59 PM   #33
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezveedub View Post
Kyosho is not the only source of parts. I sure most don't buy direct from Kyosho anyway.

That is true, but my LHS even has a hard time getting parts for any Kyosho. Kyosho is just not for me they are over priced and in my area you can hardly get parts for them. I see no point in owning one, I don't like waiting for parts or trying to find a place that has the parts. Just because my name is LosiMadMan doesn't mean Losi is all I buy. I see my LHS turn away customers because they can't find the Kyosho parts they need all the time.
LosiMadMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 01:05 AM   #34
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LosiMadMan View Post
It sounds as if you got the truck used, the broken tank is not kyoshos fault. I know my LHS way up in canada can have about anything to me in a week and a half to two weeks.

You sold the truck before even driving it? then you truely will never know why we spend the extra $50 on a kyosho.

You might be happy with what you have but can you honestly say youve raced two solid years and only spent $100 on replacement parts($80 of which was a new chassis). The only other companies that have the quality of plastic kyosho has is xray and mugen (IMO), and all those buggies are about the same price.
HaulinBass is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 01:58 AM   #35
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to imaxx21

http://18special.com/news/?p=556
Old 03-03-2008, 12:00 PM   #36
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

I think a lot of the issues with Kyosho and LHS support are the networks from which shops can obtain parts. I personally am VERY glad that I went Kyosho for my entry in 1/8th scale. They are as good as I expected them to be.

Having raced Optimas, Lazers (ZX-R) and Ultima Pro's and being quite happy with them (a LONG time ago). I was only moderately bugged by the lack of parts.

Now if they would only STOP using wood screws on the 1/8th scales and offer them with hex hardware...I'd be completely happy.

The AKA line needs to be cheaper than the current offerings or a whole lot better...

How about lowering the price on some of them parts Kyosho?

http://rctech.net/forum/search.php?searchid=2755879
truraza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 12:08 PM   #37

The AKA tires look pretty good!!!
Kendall Welch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 12:43 PM   #38
Tech Apprentice

What I have heard is a Hobby Shop needs to buy at least $100 worth of product from Kyosho to make it an order. That is pretty hard for a Hobby Shop to do when someone needs just 1 part. If they want to be strong like they use to be they have to make it easier on the Hobby Shops, like when they were with Tower.

Just my 2 cents.

P.S. AKA will not make the new buggy but you will see one from Kyosho around the time of the worlds, that's what I heard from some team drivers.
Old 03-03-2008, 05:09 PM   #39
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roberts View Post
What I have heard is a Hobby Shop needs to buy at least $100 worth of product from Kyosho to make it an order. That is pretty hard for a Hobby Shop to do when someone needs just 1 part. If they want to be strong like they use to be they have to make it easier on the Hobby Shops, like when they were with Tower.

Just my 2 cents.

P.S. AKA will not make the new buggy but you will see one from Kyosho around the time of the worlds, that's what I heard from some team drivers.
This coming from a manfucturer of tyres and accessories ,kyosho products yes are very expensive and hard to get in some parts of the world .

we have had to help out quite a few stores in Australia with Nanda parts which some fit kyosho as it takes 2-3months and sometimes 6 months to get one pinion gear from kyosho .

Kyosho is a name brand yes but the quality is not as good as what alot of people think .There a products out there with a lesser brand name but better quality than kyosho and to be honest Nanda is one of them .

I hope kyosho does the correct thing with its tyres because consumables must never be overpriced .Kyosho will never lower the price of parts like Novarossi never will

Now as for pavidis designing tyres in the past i dont think that is correct ,i thought jason from j concepts and scott hughes from proline designed the tyres when they both were at proline but i might be wrong .

anyway i hope it all works out for them .
4th Floor, 3rd Building, KeLunTe Industrial Park, ShangLiLang, BuLan Road, LongGang District, ShenZhen, China
COBRARACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 09:06 AM   #40
Tech Addict

Kyosho has a $100 minimum because they want dealers that actually stock the product on there walls. If a customer is in need of an item and Their local hobby shop doesn't stock it then they can go onto www.shopkyosho.com.
It's not like Kyosho is a one stop brand any more either. A hobby shop can call in and order Kyosho Product / Orion Product / Sirio Product / and soon AKA product to add up to that $100 min.

And Yes - Pavidis was the designer for tires @ Pro-line!
-Kal-Gard -TnT-Fx -TKO Bearings -Track Star
-Pyrographix Paints -Ballistic Batteries
TRCRacer24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 09:19 AM   #41
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Good points Ryan! With the RB5 and the ZX-5 SP gaining popularity fast and the impending RT5 hobby shops should start thinking harder about carrying Kyosho parts on the walls. With one stop shoping for all those other great companies as well a $100 min order is not hard to do! If you are a gas track the 777 and the ST-RR have to be staples at your track!

WWW.CASPER-RC.COM TLR and Tekin setups
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 01:04 PM   #42
Tech Addict

Send a message via AIM to IanWright

Quote:
Originally Posted by COBRARACING View Post
This coming from a manfucturer of tyres and accessories ,kyosho products yes are very expensive and hard to get in some parts of the world .

we have had to help out quite a few stores in Australia with Nanda parts which some fit kyosho as it takes 2-3months and sometimes 6 months to get one pinion gear from kyosho .

Kyosho is a name brand yes but the quality is not as good as what alot of people think .There a products out there with a lesser brand name but better quality than kyosho and to be honest Nanda is one of them .
Kyosho plastics up until now are pretty much the best out there, and i say now because a few cars are coming out that look like they may match that.

My first 1/8th was a K car and man, it needed to be strong. I bent every metal part you could on it but never broke anything plastic. Kyosho shock oils are also the most consistent in quality as of last year from the results i have seen.

As for prices... the given value for anything is what people will pay for it. I shied away from Kyosho because of cost, however given the strength of the parts i actually spent less on parts as they didn't break so easily.

If people don't break your parts, you are not going to make so much money on the replacements hence economics will dictate they need to be higher. However to the observer of course it looks like Kyosho is expensive to run.

Losi parts for example are inexpensive in comparison, however i work in a hobby shop and see how many bits wear out or break and get replaced... the sheer turnover in Losi parts must allow them to keep the prices a little lower mixed with the fact it is a very good, ultra competitive, well selling car of course.

It's all balance of course, you buy a Losi and you get the currently most competitive car on the market, lightweight and agile... lightness and strength rarely mix. You buy a Kyosho and you get a car with a long pedigree, a litte more weight (Can be a good thing) and almost bulletproof in the hands of a competent driver. When you do break it however it will cost a little more to repair. Checks and balances...

Novarossi... why would Novarossi reduce the price of their engines? They are dominent force in engines and the quality is proven. It's value is what people are prepared to pay. If they were overpriced they would not sell.

I can't comment on Kyosho availability apart from what i have seen. When i owned mine i never broke something i couldn't pick up off the shelf of our store in the UK, or my LHS when i was in the U.S. In the UK i never saw a minimum order figure either, but i believe the Kyosho brand is split into continents and may have different policies in different areas.

I definately agree about consumables, and tyre prices really need to drop. The biggest effect on car handling and wear quickly. Supply and demand i guess fix that price. Competition seems low, Proline or Panther i see pretty much the only choices in stores apart from Losi Step Pins right now. Jconcept have a bunch of great tyres but i have yet to see them penetrate the stores. As competition grows hopefully prices will start dropping in the privateer racers favour.

I have stuck my oar in on cars and engines... i have tried to be unbiased, and i actually drive an RB powered RC8.
IanWright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 01:44 PM   #43
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to ezveedub Send a message via Yahoo to ezveedub

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanWright View Post
Kyosho plastics up until now are pretty much the best out there, and i say now because a few cars are coming out that look like they may match that.

My first 1/8th was a K car and man, it needed to be strong. I bent every metal part you could on it but never broke anything plastic. Kyosho shock oils are also the most consistent in quality as of last year from the results i have seen.

As for prices... the given value for anything is what people will pay for it. I shied away from Kyosho because of cost, however given the strength of the parts i actually spent less on parts as they didn't break so easily.

If people don't break your parts, you are not going to make so much money on the replacements hence economics will dictate they need to be higher. However to the observer of course it looks like Kyosho is expensive to run.

Losi parts for example are inexpensive in comparison, however i work in a hobby shop and see how many bits wear out or break and get replaced... the sheer turnover in Losi parts must allow them to keep the prices a little lower mixed with the fact it is a very good, ultra competitive, well selling car of course.

It's all balance of course, you buy a Losi and you get the currently most competitive car on the market, lightweight and agile... lightness and strength rarely mix. You buy a Kyosho and you get a car with a long pedigree, a litte more weight (Can be a good thing) and almost bulletproof in the hands of a competent driver. When you do break it however it will cost a little more to repair. Checks and balances...

Novarossi... why would Novarossi reduce the price of their engines? They are dominent force in engines and the quality is proven. It's value is what people are prepared to pay. If they were overpriced they would not sell.

I can't comment on Kyosho availability apart from what i have seen. When i owned mine i never broke something i couldn't pick up off the shelf of our store in the UK, or my LHS when i was in the U.S. In the UK i never saw a minimum order figure either, but i believe the Kyosho brand is split into continents and may have different policies in different areas.

I definately agree about consumables, and tyre prices really need to drop. The biggest effect on car handling and wear quickly. Supply and demand i guess fix that price. Competition seems low, Proline or Panther i see pretty much the only choices in stores apart from Losi Step Pins right now. Jconcept have a bunch of great tyres but i have yet to see them penetrate the stores. As competition grows hopefully prices will start dropping in the privateer racers favour.

I have stuck my oar in on cars and engines... i have tried to be unbiased, and i actually drive an RB powered RC8.
+1
I hear Kyosho's are expensive compared to others, but like stated in the above quote, they don't wear out as fast. My Mugen and Kyosho are comparable in prices, and most likely because of the Japanese parts. Losi and RC8 can wheel and deal prices, because one, its made in China (cheap production costs), and two, the materials are not the same as the Japanese materials.
As for tires, I can find J Concepts everywhere here in Florida, and they have the most grip I have seen so far, so much, they are used for qualifying a lot, but don't last if it a abrasive treated track, at least the blue compounds. The yellows will offer more life, but as for tire competition, they are are definitely up there and the prices are the cheapest so far.
Old 03-04-2008, 03:24 PM   #44
Tech Regular

LOL , I personally think that the Novarossi engines and Kyosho buggies are definately a bullet proof combo ! I ran a Losi last year and hated the way it would wear things out so fast! And I got schooled from the K cars! Well I went back to the K car and would love to run good tires from Kyosho or AKA .
At my track the old Kyosho multi spike tire was the BOMB !! But now it is so dang hard to find and exspencive if you do find them ! So AKA keep the pricing as real as you can please !
mremtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 08:04 PM   #45
Tech Prophet

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)
Talking

according to angelo at cobraracing , his products are the best in the world i am sure they will fail in comparision to all kyosho/ aka products that will be here shortly !!!!!!

if you have any questions as to what i run , look at my signature
later , houston

hey ryan if you are not goin to be at any race the last weekend of this month , pm me .
TEAM FUSION X ENGINES / TEAM BYRON ORIGINALS / TEAM PROLINE RACING TIRES / TEAM SICK GRAPHICS /TEAM KYOSHO / things I support: COMP HEAT DEALER /TEAM LUNSFORD/ FUSIONX™ USA / TEAM KYOSHO / "H.E.S."™ / BYRON FUELS / RC-OMGUSA/KICWEBDESIGNZ/AKA TIRES/PROLINE RACING TIRES /RAYA RACING/BUKU POWER CLUTCH/M2CRACING/special thanks to STAV and JIM HOTTIGREENMOUNTAINGRILLS.COM
houston is offline   Reply With Quote