Community
Wiki Posts
Search

new kyosho buggy

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2008, 01:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Naw, I'm gonna give the new Xray a try! If that doesn't work, then the new Kyosho will be out and I'll then try that!
Old 02-15-2008, 01:25 PM
Tech Elite

Location: Fort Worth, Texas, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by xlgraphicspro
Naw, I'm gonna give the new Xray a try! If that doesn't work, then the new Kyosho will be out and I'll then try that!

Do you mean the Xalosiated RC808ight?

Yeah, I want one too...
Old 02-15-2008, 04:43 PM
Tech Regular

Man I hope they don't mess up the K car with Lousi stuff !! I hated the Losi I had ! Doesn't jump or turn at all like a Kyosho !! I love my K cars !
Old 02-15-2008, 04:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

wow doesnt jump that good.... thats a suprise...
Old 02-16-2008, 04:17 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I think he means doesn't jump or turn like a Kyosho...not necessary worse, just different.. (really meaning, not as good..haha)
Old 02-16-2008, 04:38 PM
Tech Adept

from what i hear...it's a line of cars above the sport stuff but below the high end stuff
Old 02-17-2008, 04:08 PM
Tech Regular

Lousi's jump like CRAP! If the jumps are not perfect and get scalloped out on the face, which they do here in the Northeast, then they have a tendacy to kick the back over the front ,the Mugens and Kyoshos' especially if they have the big bore shocks just eat this stuff up like candy ! I have been running 1/8th scale since 1991 and can hook a car up, but the Losi was a real challenge and when push came to shove and you needed just that little extra breathing room the Lousi simply let me down EVERY SINGLE TIME ! If it didn't break it would traction roll or land and bounce on it's lid and stick there like it had velcro on it ! I hated that thing and still do ! I took my friend's K car (that I set up and maintained for him) and laid down some of the fastest laps on My track that had ever been done . Could not do it with the other because it just could not be pushed beyond it's limits. What a shame too , the ideas incorperated in it where pretty cool , the servo problems never bothered me because I was careful to set things up correctly. But others went through Hundreds of dollars worth ! All the Kyosho needs is a bit of a diet ! The car handles awsome !!
Old 02-17-2008, 05:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

The one thing with a Losi is that it will easily rollover and loves to stay that way. It seems to turtle shell it self. The design of it has a high center of gravity. The high mounted front arms on the caster knuckles don't help either
Old 02-18-2008, 01:59 PM
Tech Adept

mremtr,

Right, it's always the car when somone can't drive it..lol.

I don't have that kick up problem you speak of, the car just has to be set up right. The droop settings are especially important on this car.

Look, I'm not going to get into a pissing match about this, but in my humble opinion, I would say that ALL cars on the market right now are capable of beeing fast and winning races (and most times are more capable that the guy driving the car), all it really comes down to is setup and preference.

These cars have various setting options that can remedy certain handling issues, the rest is driving style.

In your paragraph I can read that you like to push your cars. Which is fine, but it is widely known that the Losi doesnt like to be pushed hard, but rather 'finessed' around the track. Seems like you were not driving it correctly to begin with.

So you say Losi jumps like crap, 20 other people (that have gotten faster with it) will probably disagree with you.

peace.
Old 02-18-2008, 02:29 PM
Tech Regular

You said it brotha! Preference !! I was not saying the car is total junk, It just isn't for me. And the jumpoing problem was there for all the other Losis too, And they had the same troubles ! It wasn't just my car mind you, it was all the Losis. But this is a Kyosho thread enough about the other
Engine mounts on the Kyosho are simply industry standard as far as I'm conserned , setting gear mesh every time is a pain after owning a K car. And those 5-40 screws ?? Try finding those in a bind !! The K car diffs don't leak, or blow out because some plastic part gave up... The steering linkage OH the steering linkage on the K car is nothing less than awsome compaired to the L car. All the other stuff ,well except the servo mounting , is pretty much the industry standard. IF I can't run a K car the next best one I like is the X-Ray.
But these are only my opinion so don't take it to heart We all still poop the same
Old 02-18-2008, 03:13 PM
Tech Adept

Oh, so you had diarriah this morning too?.. j/k

No, but you're right about the Losi steering linkage. And I do wish that Losi's materials would stand up to long term abuse better.(like Kyosho, Mugen, xray)
Personally I'm sick of changing drive shafts every other gallon, so I might go with the new xray as soon as it comes out.

But I am also very curious with what Kyosho is going to come up with next.. (hopefully they will get rid of the eclips and wood screws this time)
Old 02-18-2008, 03:31 PM
Tech Adept

oops, double post..
Old 02-18-2008, 05:02 PM
Nik
Tech Regular

i bet it will look like this