Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Traxxas Jato vs Team Losi 8ight >

Traxxas Jato vs Team Losi 8ight

Traxxas Jato vs Team Losi 8ight

Old 02-17-2008, 11:09 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Traxxas Jato vs Team Losi 8ight

hey guys im not new to the hobby yet i fell out for a for about 5 years ...

i had a TT01 and now im interested in nitro off road trucks and truggys

I have heard good things about both the JATO and the 8ight

which one would be the best to have fun with and bash and drag but also ... race at local meets ...

i know there is like a 400$ price difference in the two ... but i just need everyones oppinion
Old 02-17-2008, 11:50 PM
Tech Regular

The Jato is a 1/10 RWD stadium truck and the 8ight is a 1/8 4WD. To me there is no comparrison. If you want to race eventually you need to decide what class to run.
Old 02-18-2008, 12:25 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 132 (100%+)

Jato is a POS. Seriously. Really fast, and really weak. Useless offroad. Fun to do speed runs in a straight line, then after 10 minutes, it is boring. No traction offroad, I sold mine and got a tmaxx and was much happier. Then sold that and got a revo. Much happier lol. Sold that and got a mugen truggy. Stronger, faster and better handling then all lol. Buy a truggy, best choice of rc. Runs pretty much anywhere, and durable. I hear the losi is not as durable as the other brands though.
Old 02-18-2008, 09:15 AM
Tech Apprentice

I have both of the vehicles. I would have bought the 8ight and left the Jato alone. The Jato is extremely fast, bust can be difficult to stop due to the tires just sliding on the ground. you will make up the price difference in parts replacement. I LOVE my 8ight. it is pleny fast and is like driving a vehicle on a rail. It handles great, stops great, and you have more flexibility with the losi over the Jato. I love the jato to tinker around with and the overall speed is great. It really turns. I guess basically, if you are looking at racing at local events and want a durable vehicle go with the losi. If you want headturning speed go with the Jato. There is a reason why I call it a Squirrel on crack. I am sellin mine dur to the fact that I have too many vehicles. Let me know if you are interested.