R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 02-11-2008, 05:19 AM   #16
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I can't give an honest answer because I'm still getting all my stuff together, but will say that it is significantly cheaper if you can find good used equipment. The stuff I've bought so far is about 50% less than what I would be paying local for new. That means I can have the good stuff for the price Of a RTR Losi Truggy. Keeping it good is another thing, but I've already bought some spare stuff on eBay that I'll use up and the cost was less than half of what A-main wants.

Anyway, I agree with the above poster in that an RTR can be just as good as the race buggys. I stopped by an indoor track on Saturday and there was a kid who must have gotten his Losi truggy RTR for Christmas. He brought a glow starter, the starter tool, a temp guage, and some fuel. He was running good and was easily just as fast as the guy with the race mods on his truck and the 3 boxes of parts and accessories. (and the guy with all the stuff broke and had to fix while the kid just kept running through fuel)

I've also been recommended OS engines as a good one for a starter. My track is tight and I see no need for something that will spin to 8 billion RPMs when I'll never use it.
MikeInCtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 03:29 PM   #17
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to pinky2252s Send a message via MSN to pinky2252s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert.Hull View Post
when you start racing at higher levels and running real fast motors 4-7 gallons is the best you will get before you have to crack em open i doubt you got 8 on your 2.5 its possible but yet that little engine isnt running near as hard as the .21s in racing are

sorry for a little of topic

you want to go to the place were i dropped them off? and see that there were 8-10?

but yea it did and it just kinda died and never started again. and because i didnt want another trx engine i smashed it with a hammer that was fun