Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
1/8th truggy engines >

1/8th truggy engines

1/8th truggy engines

Old 02-15-2008, 07:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Maximo
that motor cannot run...... they have no provisions to isolate each cylinders crankcase...... and unless they have both pistons reaching TDC and BDC at the exact same time it will not be able to run..... the only way to get both pistons timed correctly is to use individual crankshafts for each piston as is used in a rotary 2 stroke...................
LOL thanks man, i never would of thunk it
Old 02-19-2008, 11:11 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

..wrong thread
Old 02-19-2008, 11:51 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Flying Monkey
well this conversation started off comparing fuel economy cause you were curious as to why i was getting more then you. i tried to explain my set up to you then explain air fuel mixtures effect on it. you explained how you run yours and i was just doing the same to try to help you figure out the difference. if your running at only 170 its either extremely cold where your running or your waaaaaaaaay too rich on your tune and that would in turn explain why your using so much more fuel so much faster.
hmmm, that makes a lot of sense, if i were to lean it out a little bit, how do i know if im too lean and hurting the engine?
Old 02-20-2008, 04:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

well this time of year you will have a hard time getting temps but just make sure your checking it and that your not going over. always be sure your getting good smoke not only on take off but a decent amount through the power band.
Old 02-21-2008, 12:34 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Flying Monkey
well this time of year you will have a hard time getting temps but just make sure your checking it and that your not going over. always be sure your getting good smoke not only on take off but a decent amount through the power band.
there isint too much smoke when im reaching top speed. ill post vids tomorrow.