R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 11-22-2008, 09:15 PM   #91
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD 69 View Post
New cars...

I put it down to inexperience (as a company) and not enough testing before releasing a car. They release an updated version to "cure" the breakage issues of the old car M1 to M1 Turbo.

The car doesnt break, but then people relize the car handles like crap, due to the geometries... Magic releases a new M8 version...

Knowing the M8 is not going to cut the mustard, Magic decides to copy a little bit of every other manufacturers car and come out with the B8...

All in all the end user, YOU will buy the latest version thinking its better (which usually is) but is never going to be the final version... win win for Magic, releasing new cars every 6 months means a new car for you every six months, meanwhile the $$'s in Magic bank account keep going up... while your pocket gets lighter...

Look at some of the other manufacturers, how long has the Losi been out for now... enough said.

I don't have the buggy but it's the same type of thing in their on-road cars the G4 then the G4s then the G4rs,G4jr,G4js then the G4+ now they just brought out the G4+ EVO all within how long? and that's not including all the previous models before the ones mentioned.

The plastics in their more recent models are very weak and leave a lot to be desired. A lot of people are also having handling issues with the car too. There is a ton of steering but the rear end wont stop sliding out and set-ups are very hard to get right.

Thanks
Old 11-23-2008, 07:52 AM   #92
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

As far as Team Magic introducing new models I think its a liitle shortsighted of some of you to complain. Look at Kyosho - first the MP6 then the MP7 then the MP7 SP1 then the MP7 SP2, then the MP777 now the MP9.

The same people who complain about Team Magic introducing new models would still complain if they didnt saying: "this needs to be improved and that needs to be improved"... "why isnt TM improving their models".

Additionally you have to realize that TM designs a buggy for a specific market, the recreational racer and now with the B8 the serious competiion racer.

Besides its plain old business, just like any other company. You have to introduce new and improved or you die a slow death. Team Magic has growing pains just like any new company breaking into an already established market with leaders already in place.

So just because you can't afford to keep up with the new models, don't bash the company for trying to survive in a very tough and competitive market. Just think about how obsolete your current computer is (which was probably obsolete a week after you bought it).

So stop wining , blow your nose , sell your older TM buggy on Ebay or keep it for parts , ask your wife for a raise on your allowance and get a new model... OK?
NytroNutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 05:31 PM   #93
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by NytroNutz View Post
As far as Team Magic introducing new models I think its a liitle shortsighted of some of you to complain. Look at Kyosho - first the MP6 then the MP7 then the MP7 SP1 then the MP7 SP2, then the MP777 now the MP9.

The same people who complain about Team Magic introducing new models would still complain if they didnt saying: "this needs to be improved and that needs to be improved"... "why isnt TM improving their models".

Additionally you have to realize that TM designs a buggy for a specific market, the recreational racer and now with the B8 the serious competiion racer.

Besides its plain old business, just like any other company. You have to introduce new and improved or you die a slow death. Team Magic has growing pains just like any new company breaking into an already established market with leaders already in place.

So just because you can't afford to keep up with the new models, don't bash the company for trying to survive in a very tough and competitive market. Just think about how obsolete your current computer is (which was probably obsolete a week after you bought it).

So stop wining , blow your nose , sell your older TM buggy on Ebay or keep it for parts , ask your wife for a raise on your allowance and get a new model... OK?
I see your point with most of what you said except the statment in bold... How could any company claim that there product is for the recreational racer when their product at the time (M1B) is 1 of the most expensive kits on the market which i might add was a flop in reguards to reliability and handling... Yes they took steps to correcting their faults but they lost a lot of support in the process
lowey79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 08:25 PM   #94
Tech Regular

Im not saying TM has been flawless in their marketing strategy. Yes they could have done things better. An example is Xray. They came out of the box with an excellent marketing strategy and a superior product.

But look who Xray had behind them... Serpent , already established and Hudy already flourishing. If you have ever brought a product to market, you understand that it is a very risky venture to say the least.

First you have to spend a fortune on development, engineering, testing, more engineering more testing... then if you have any money left you try to eek out some advertising hoping your product will sell.

Then if you have no reputable endorsements, or investors with big pockets, or winning track record to lean on and on top of all of that your main market is half way around the world, its a wonder you make it to market at all.

I'm just saying give TM a little slack and a few kudos for even getting where they are in the cuthroat RC market.

Its a jungle out there.
Old 11-23-2008, 11:00 PM   #95
Tech Regular

I'm not trying to take anything away from team magic, don't get me wrong!
They have done well to get where they are. I have also bought 2 of there buggies, the M1B turbo and the M8. All i am saying is with the price of there first buggy and the lack of durability and handling thet was reported with it, they have scared a lot of potential buyers away... the other problem they have with it is they have had 2 attempts to fix the issues it had and still have not solved some of the niggling things like drive shafts popping out or turnbuckles stripping... I just hope for their sake that they get it right with there new release!
lowey79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 08:21 AM   #96
Tech Regular

Yes they do need to fix some problems. I have the M8 and my rear dogbones are always popping out. With this new B8 it is supposedly designed for the high end market, the competition racer. Im sure it wont be perfect, no buggy is. But one thing will help them ease the frustration of the buyer is to offer upgrades on parts that can be improved.

Like Kyosho, all future TM improvements need to be compatible with the existing B8 chassis , at least for a few years. That way the upgrades keep enhancing the original product and we won't be afraid of obsolecence.
Old 12-25-2008, 04:47 PM   #97
Tech Apprentice

So to anyone that knows, or at least has an idea. What are some more of the differences between the M8 and the B8 chassis? What can integrate between the 2?
Old 12-25-2008, 08:30 PM   #98
Tech Regular

According to TM the B8 is their first true competition buggy. I do not believe it comes with an engine just like all high end 1/8 scale buggies. So it is designed to compete with Losi, Kyosho, Xray and Associated on a serious racer level.

Some of the changes are a narrower 3mm aluminum chassis, bigger 16mm shocks, new carbon fiber deck, an even lower CG, and new aerodynamic body.

TM sought to lighten the entire vehicle by using aluminum in more places
like the center drive shafts whic are typically heavy steel.

There is a partial description and pictures on their website

http://www.teammagic.com.tw/en/profr...0010&pageNum=1

Thats all I know right now. I will be getting one as soon as it is released so I can tell you first hand.
Old 12-28-2008, 12:24 PM   #99
Tech Apprentice

First reports here in Italy says finally they "got it": pure racer, behaviour (?) similar to Asso RC8. Let's hope guys !!!
AndyItalia68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 05:26 PM   #100
Tech Regular

Default Selling my M8!

Im selling my M8 on Ebay minus engine and electronics. Let me know if anyone
wants to buy it now.would like to get 250 or best offer... PayPal Only

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=160309521677

Old 02-13-2009, 03:51 PM   #101
Tech Rookie

Default M8...

I have been having rear diff issues... to race meetings later and it both meets i have had diff problems... first it seem to eat the diff crown gear... very strange and second meet the bearing on the pinion went bang.. but this after the replacing the bearings and the diff against the pinion is not smooth...

Diff is smooth... pinion is fine... any ideas...

have shimmmed the diff... but to no affect... very annoying..
evilpob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 11:29 AM   #102
Tech Rookie

don't worry all fixed... the rear central CVD was rubbing!!
evilpob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 01:20 PM   #103
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)

any updates?

TMizzle?
Old 04-18-2012, 05:17 AM   #104
Tech Elite

Is anybody still racing this chassis? I am looking for a modern Bulldog style body which fits this chassis. So let me hear!
Old 04-18-2012, 02:47 PM   #105
Tech Elite

Nobody knows what other body will fit on this chassis?