R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 08-03-2008, 06:59 AM   #76
Tech Elite

I'm hoping to get out again today.
I'm going to try, firstly, make a full 6mins qualifier.....lol

But seriously though. I want to try and do some tuning on this car and see if I can get this thing going a little better.

I think the car goes prety well as it is. I have lengthened the wheel base by some 6 or 7mm. But other then that, the car is stock.

I'm going to go back to the medium springs and try going up on the shock oil.
I have 45WT in at the moment, I'm going to try 50 or even 60WT oil.

I also want to try different diff' oil WT's in too.

We'll see today what I can get to try out.

If it ever stops racing!!!!....lol

British Menace
Old 08-14-2008, 04:40 PM   #77
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

whats up TM fans... how has everyone been?

Sponsors:
GO TECH ENGINES (Factory Team) | VP Pro (Factory Team) | EB MODS (Factory Team) | RICHES BREW FUEL | COMPETITION PRODUCTS
TMizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 06:47 PM   #78
Tech Apprentice

whats up tmizz? how do you like the RC8.
Old 09-27-2008, 02:35 PM   #79
Tech Rookie

Hi ,Everyone , Sorry to gripe, but I`ve got to agree about the new car ,M8 ? B8 ? Its starting to make me a bit pi$$ed off !! I have put up too much time , & much to much money into my M1-B and its true, the thing dont handle to easy. I dont think my next car will be fromTM ,least not yet! . I ve tried to be positive , as I really did want this car to work, but lets face it, they can`t even make a wing that lasts more than 2 laps befor its scrap! Proline should send them some Dupont !!! This is all a bit to much
mcleTi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 05:00 PM   #80
Tech Apprentice

So just to be fair, I really haven't had that much wheel time this year. After this weekend at the Indiana RC Pro Series Race that I did take part in, I am still impressed with the way this car is handling, and so are other people. It was by far the best car for handling the whoop section. When I get more time I will post more.
Old 09-30-2008, 08:28 AM   #81
Tech Rookie

Default m8 manual?

Hi, Have any of u boys got the assembly manual for the new M8 /M8js, as
I have the parts for the rear top linkages to convert but no settings & measurements. If u could attach it to a post if possible .I would be very grateful
Thanks mc.
Ace 1015`s

Thunder Tiger ST1(truggy)
OS-Speed(mag)
Ace 1015`s

Sponsored by NatWest

Last edited by mcleTi; 10-01-2008 at 08:04 AM.
mcleTi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 03:31 PM   #82
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 93 (100%+)

My friend has the new buggy that you all are refering to (B8). They sent it to him to run but he decided not to run it. He assembled it and drove it in the driveway at home. He wants $300 obo with all plastic parts. Car looks good on the bench and the big bore shocks feel good but not sure of the handling on the track. I noticed the mixed reviews about the car here on tis forum. It's hard to get a buggy going without a top of the line drivers help and publicity. I have always been a fan of Crono from the early 90's but, they never got popular here in the states. Anyone interested in the car PM me and I will send pics when I get them from him. I am selling it for him since he is a well known driver. These guys get so much crap it is rediculous!!!!!!
hairymuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 04:14 PM   #83
Tech Master

lol @ ur s/n
pitpop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 10:48 AM   #84
Tech Apprentice

Default longer drive cups

for those of you still running the TM offroad cars, the new drive cups are between 1.5mm and 2mm longer than standard. I have had issues with the stock in the past and hope these solve the problems!
Old 11-03-2008, 10:05 AM   #85
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Hey all Im Josh from the US I just wanted to chat with you all and let you know that Im racing for Team Magic Wolf Hobbies. I have been running the M8 now for about 2-3 months and have had good results. I have found fixes for the drive lines popping out the front upper arms pulling out. Also found some good setups as well. I would like to get the Team Magic car selling well and some more interest going for these cars. Theres some NEW projects coming that all you TM fans will love. Please post your setups and finding here so we can all share. If anyone has any questions or comments please feel free to PM Me or email me joshuapease83@hotmail.com or drop a line here.
Josh Pease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 08:58 PM   #86
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Welcome Josh

Good to have a sponsored driver for TM in the US. Please give us your feedback on fixes setups etc. I have the M8 as well and it handles the track pretty well.

I was drag racing in the street though and I caught the lip of a 1 1/2 inch raised section of concrete at full speed. The buggy stopped instantly. I figured the front end was toast but all I broke was the front suspension braces and the front bumper.

All in all I like the drive dynamics... pretty stable but I feel the rear wing post could use some reinforcing. Other than that its a tank. Im interested to see if TM follows the race truck trend.
NytroNutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 10:33 AM   #87
Tech Addict

Thanks for the welcome. I will visit here daily so if anyone has questions please ask. As for setups and fixes. First thing I had problems with was the upper arms pulling out. So theres 2 ways to solve that 1st is get the M1b upper arms they are longer however you have to run a shorter rod end. The 2nd is to get yourself a set up Jammin buggy tierods they are slightly longer and bigger in diameter these work awesome. The drive shafts are a little short on the car they put 128mm in the front and 127 in the rear so the rear tends to pop out. again 2 ways to fix it. !st is to get the Tm 128mm driveshafts and put them in the rear. The 2nd which is what i do. kyosho FRONT drive shafts are just under 129mm i run these front and rear the jammin ones work as well. Ive also mounted a regular wing mount to run other brand wings. Pm me for that info. The car works very well tons of on and off power steering and jumps very good. this is a top notch car. As far as a truggy goes all i can say is theres some new projects on t he horizon so watch for a press release.

Setup!
5k front Diff 7k center 2k rear
50wt in the front shocks 45wt in the rear
middle hole on the front shock tower and outer hole on the arm
1 out from the inside on the rear tower and the middle hole on the shock.

I will fill out a full setup sheet as soon as i can figure out to fill it out and upload it to the web.
Old 11-12-2008, 12:10 AM   #88
Tech Apprentice

Hi, how much does the M8 ready with tires engine electronics and so on weight (kg)? Thx
AndyItalia68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 11:27 AM   #89
Tech Addict

My car weights ready to race with fuel 7.43lbs. I believe 3450 is the stock running weight.
Old 11-22-2008, 05:50 PM   #90
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hairymuffin View Post
My friend has the new buggy that you all are refering to (B8). They sent it to him to run but he decided not to run it. He assembled it and drove it in the driveway at home. He wants $300 obo with all plastic parts. Car looks good on the bench and the big bore shocks feel good but not sure of the handling on the track. I noticed the mixed reviews about the car here on tis forum. It's hard to get a buggy going without a top of the line drivers help and publicity. I have always been a fan of Crono from the early 90's but, they never got popular here in the states. Anyone interested in the car PM me and I will send pics when I get them from him. I am selling it for him since he is a well known driver. These guys get so much crap it is rediculous!!!!!!
Hairy... are you sure your friend has the B8? It is my understanding that no one has the car except TM. It is still in market development at this point unless he is a test driver for TM. Please post a picture.
NytroNutz is offline   Reply With Quote