Old 07-03-2008, 02:24 PM   #61
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

How do you put gas in it?
Lycan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 04:03 PM   #62
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

After I painted it I cut a hole in the front window and half of the side window. Im going to try and make a flap for the front window to keep air out of the cockpit.
NytroNutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 06:02 AM   #63
Tech Regular

I just read on NeoBuggy that Team Magic has been testing a new buggy already..... This one will be called B8 and from what i've found, it is a completely new buggy platform....

It's due out in september which will be the third release from Team Magic in less than 2 years... why do they have update so fast?
lowey79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 07:18 AM   #64
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by NytroNutz View Post
Heres my painted body... yeah I know its still green - what can i say...

Thats a nice looking Buggy. Good job on the paintwork !!
I like the green. I have my touring car painted flou' green. Stands out nice on the track.

Going to a race today to kick some American A%S today with my M1 TURBO.
Lol

Regards,
British Menace
Old 07-27-2008, 03:01 PM   #65
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Thanks Brit. hope you were the kicker and not the kickee.

Ive been running it locally only encountered a couple of issues. Both probably my fault.

I should have thread locked my wheel nuts and put an additional washer between the cap holding my clutch bell on and the bearing. The sleeve of the cap fits inside the bearing causing considerable play in my clutch bell.

Other than that it handles well and jumps very well and I haven't broken anything yet.

I've got to check out this new buggy rumor too.
NytroNutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 05:00 AM   #66
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowey79 View Post
I just read on NeoBuggy that Team Magic has been testing a new buggy already..... This one will be called B8 and from what i've found, it is a completely new buggy platform....

It's due out in september which will be the third release from Team Magic in less than 2 years... why do they have update so fast?
Yeah its crazy !!!
TOP Racing Scythe, SP 4.5 V2, Hobbywing Xerun 120SD 2.0
TOP Racing Scythe, SP 13.5, Hobbywing Xerun 120SD 2.0
razzor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 06:25 AM   #67
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by NytroNutz View Post

I've got to check out this new buggy rumor too.
Google Team Magic B8 and you should find a link to the testing vid!

EDIT: here's the link for you! http://www.neobuggy.net/modules/news...p?storyid=4308
Old 07-28-2008, 06:44 AM   #68
Tech Regular

The differences i can see from the pic on NeoBuggy are an angled engine, rc8 style raised lower shock mounts (the shock geometry looks very RC8ish to me), conventional 2 arm wing mount, and what looks like threaded shock bodies.....

My question is why could they have not released the M8 (which is essentially a M1B with all the K-factory option parts) and just waited till the release of this new B8?

For some reason, i have a soft spot for Team Magic products, but it's really costing far to much to stay up to date.... This will be the forth release in 2 years.... I just hope that they have found a design they are happy with and decide to stick with it a while!
Old 07-28-2008, 08:14 AM   #69
Tech Elite

i love the TM products but that has been the downside especially for the buggy.
The car side you pretty much upgrade to the latest spec but if you dont want to teh older cars are still competive unlik eteh buggy that had issues to address.
Old 07-28-2008, 03:02 PM   #70
Tech Apprentice

I'm back and with a vengeance! I have had the opportunity to race my M8 a few times now. It is very easy to drive, just have to remember not to overdrive it. If going into the corner to fast, it will push or break traction in the rear. I do not like the new brake bias (the shorter rod between the front and the rear as opposed to my M1B Turbo). The rear brakes lock up under heavy braking causing the car to spin. I do have one problem with the new longer cvd's in the front, the crosspin has wallerd out. I temporarily fixed this with the 127.25mm from my M1B Turbo (spare parts buggy). I also think that the front shock tower could use some reinforcing. My first time out I kinda cartwheeled a bit and bent the right side of the tower. I think some of this has to do with how far out the shocks stick out from the tower. However it still works for now.
Drew Jensen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 04:41 PM   #71
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 38 (91%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew Jensen View Post
I'm back and with a vengeance! I have had the opportunity to race my M8 a few times now. It is very easy to drive, just have to remember not to overdrive it. If going into the corner to fast, it will push or break traction in the rear. I do not like the new brake bias (the shorter rod between the front and the rear as opposed to my M1B Turbo). The rear brakes lock up under heavy braking causing the car to spin. I do have one problem with the new longer cvd's in the front, the crosspin has wallerd out. I temporarily fixed this with the 127.25mm from my M1B Turbo (spare parts buggy). I also think that the front shock tower could use some reinforcing. My first time out I kinda cartwheeled a bit and bent the right side of the tower. I think some of this has to do with how far out the shocks stick out from the tower. However it still works for now.
Certainly appreciate the information, but it sounds like more problems are on the way. What an outing!!! I'm not buying one right now; I think I'll wait another 3-6 months and see what they follow it up with
Old 07-28-2008, 05:46 PM   #72
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

New cars...

I put it down to inexperience (as a company) and not enough testing before releasing a car. They release an updated version to "cure" the breakage issues of the old car M1 to M1 Turbo.

The car doesnt break, but then people relize the car handles like crap, due to the geometries... Magic releases a new M8 version...

Knowing the M8 is not going to cut the mustard, Magic decides to copy a little bit of every other manufacturers car and come out with the B8...

All in all the end user, YOU will buy the latest version thinking its better (which usually is) but is never going to be the final version... win win for Magic, releasing new cars every 6 months means a new car for you every six months, meanwhile the $$'s in Magic bank account keep going up... while your pocket gets lighter...

Look at some of the other manufacturers, how long has the Losi been out for now... enough said.
OLD 69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 05:49 PM   #73
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 38 (91%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD 69 View Post
New cars...

I put it down to inexperience (as a company) and not enough testing before releasing a car. They release an updated version to "cure" the breakage issues of the old car M1 to M1 Turbo.

The car doesnt break, but then people relize the car handles like crap, due to the geometries... Magic releases a new M8 version...

Knowing the M8 is not going to cut the mustard, Magic decides to copy a little bit of every other manufacturers car and come out with the B8...

All in all the end user, YOU will buy the latest version thinking its better (which usually is) but is never going to be the final version... win win for Magic, releasing new cars every 6 months means a new car for you every six months, meanwhile the $$'s in Magic bank account keep going up... while your pocket gets lighter...

Look at some of the other manufacturers, how long has the Losi been out for now... enough said.
Well said, nice word choice.
Old 07-28-2008, 10:02 PM   #74
Tech Elite

Hi All,

Took my Buggy for it's second outing last Saturday (For the car and me.... ....lol)

I went to a place in the Quad Cities called "Thunder Road".

It's located right next to the Airport in Moline Illinois.
Had a great time. Everyone was really friendly and very helpful. Track was great.
Apparently, the track had been changed very recently and was much improved.
I had an enjoyable day. Steadily getting faster and faster. Plenty of crashes and cartwheels....lol. Well. Keeps the marshals from falling asleap.

If only I had been able to put in a full 6 min qualifier. I would have made the A Main !!
In the end I couldn't run in the final as at the end of the last qualifier.....on pace for getting to the A (!!) I lost front wheel drive ??!!!

Thought my front diff' had broke...........alas no. Just the grub screw come loose on the front CVD.
Couldn't get the car back together to make the start so had to sit it out
Still had a great day though !!
Managed to improve my times from 40.5 second fastest lap to 38 Seconds.
Well pleased!!

Regards,
British Menace
Old 07-29-2008, 01:38 AM   #75
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD 69 View Post
New cars...

Very true and not only do the customers/racers lose out but also the distributors/dealers that stocked up on each version.
Redundant stock is not a good thing for these guys and can make or break a business.