R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 03-07-2008, 09:58 AM   #16
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

its kinda like the cool toy you want to buy and play with, but its not so cheap for a toy that you may or may not like lol, i wish they could get some more pro support so we could see it running in some of the big races...
zapmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 05:21 PM   #17
Tech Apprentice

I agree with you on the pro support. Team Magic have great products, but the way they are releasing new products to the general public, can be absurd. If they invested money on developing a product, and thoroughly tested before release then maybe more people would appreciate their way of thinking.

I think that the M8 will attract more attention, because it is not completely out of the box thinking. Low profile CofG sure why not. But if they were listening to people from the start, the shocks were not working. Hell if I was listening to people from the start, then maybe I would have known. We all see something new and think it will work, then..................................
Drew Jensen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 06:02 PM   #18
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I was never a fan of this buggy, and I thought they put their time in while designing, even though they only released sketches of parts. I was dissappointed when it was released and I knew it wouldn't work well. I'll be skeptical about team magic offroad products for a while!
Old 03-19-2008, 02:56 AM   #19
Tech Adept

Send a message via MSN to nickko

The M8 is available. The street price is around US$ 399.
nickko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 06:52 AM   #20
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickko View Post
The M8 is available. The street price is around US$ 399.
Where from? Where can we see it?

British Menace
Old 03-19-2008, 04:41 PM   #21
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Team Magic M8

I just got my M8 the other day!... It looks very well designed. Team Magic really did their homework on this one. I didnt see the M1B on the track. Although I'm sure it is a good performing buggy it kinda looked like a concept car. Im ok with that, but the public will often resist change until it is proven.

In this industry sometimes if you change so radically so quickly, racers become skeptical. Appearance has a lot to do with impression regardless of the engineering.

The M8 however has definite unique components like the laydown throttle servo setup. I think the "flying wing" suspension arms are a good idea because they won't collect mud and dirt and the webbed design makes em stronger.

The buggy is lighter due to the composite shock towers but it definitely looks durable... its well made and feels pretty balanced.

The kit comes about 80% assembled and there is virtually no slop or play in the moving parts. I like the mid gear cover and its not exposed underneath... keepin dem annoyin rocks from chewing up my gears.

The suspension looks solid and it comes with large bore shocks. I would have liked to have seen threaded shock bodies but at least you get a large assortment of spacers which actually makes the spring pre-loading more precise without a caliper.

The body is nicely molded (not bat-like) and looks pretty aerodynamic. Overall I would say its very competitive with whats out there and you cannot beat the price. With the rest of the pack starting at 5 bills its gonna be hard to pass up, especially if the performance lives up to expectations.

I will be putting it together this weekend and taking it over to Leisure Hours Raceway this month. I will post my impressions and post some closeup pics too.

Last edited by NytroNutz; 03-19-2008 at 06:05 PM.
NytroNutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 07:37 PM   #22
Tech Adept

As you can see, Spain has the car now. For other areas, the car will be available soon. M8 is the best value buggy at the market.

Some M8 photos below:

http://www.auto-rc.net/modules.php?n...rticle&sid=284

Last edited by nickko; 03-20-2008 at 06:39 PM.
Old 03-20-2008, 06:19 AM   #23
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

im from the U.S. and i had the first M1. loved the design but it was hard to work on. getting to the diffs was a mother but it broke in my first heat so i had to go to my back up car. but why doesnt TM have any info on the car on there site?
csdonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 06:09 PM   #24
Tech Adept

Official release
http://www.teammagic.com.tw/en/profr...0004&pageNum=1
Old 04-06-2008, 06:22 PM   #25
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Tabushi Send a message via Yahoo to Tabushi

Nick,

Is great to see you here my friend in the forums !!, wish you the best with this new car ...

cya !!

E-Mail : pato_concha@yahoo.com
Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/patoconcha
Whatsapp : +56 9 66165085
Tabushi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 09:24 AM   #26
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Dan/Ultraline Send a message via MSN to Dan/Ultraline Send a message via Yahoo to Dan/Ultraline

Quote:
Originally Posted by British Menace View Post
Where from? Where can we see it?

British Menace
www.ultralinehobbies.com
Old 04-08-2008, 03:04 PM   #27
Tech Apprentice

Default major bs

guys I know the economy sucks right now but why take advantage of your brothers. TM braggs about their $399 price tag but from RCShopping.com they don't inform you that shipping will be an extra $65 dollars. Now by my calcs. that comes to a ballpark $465. So why is it that all of the US distributors want 479+s/h or 499+s/h?????????????

Now sorry if I am a little sour but after I paid 600 dollars for mine when at Christmas when TM ran their special release of the "US Edition" only two months after I got mine, I could have gotten the same car for half the cost. Then I would have had extra money for extra parts, or upgrades.

I know their are profits to be made, but come on. Why should I buy from you? (If you read this question, please respond.)I am looking for a US distributor.
Drew Jensen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 06:54 PM   #28
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by NytroNutz View Post
I just got my M8 the other day!... It looks very well designed. Team Magic really did their homework on this one. I didnt see the M1B on the track. Although I'm sure it is a good performing buggy it kinda looked like a concept car. Im ok with that, but the public will often resist change until it is proven.

In this industry sometimes if you change so radically so quickly, racers become skeptical. Appearance has a lot to do with impression regardless of the engineering.

The M8 however has definite unique components like the laydown throttle servo setup. I think the "flying wing" suspension arms are a good idea because they won't collect mud and dirt and the webbed design makes em stronger.

The buggy is lighter due to the composite shock towers but it definitely looks durable... its well made and feels pretty balanced.

The kit comes about 80% assembled and there is virtually no slop or play in the moving parts. I like the mid gear cover and its not exposed underneath... keepin dem annoyin rocks from chewing up my gears.

The suspension looks solid and it comes with large bore shocks. I would have liked to have seen threaded shock bodies but at least you get a large assortment of spacers which actually makes the spring pre-loading more precise without a caliper.

The body is nicely molded (not bat-like) and looks pretty aerodynamic. Overall I would say its very competitive with whats out there and you cannot beat the price. With the rest of the pack starting at 5 bills its gonna be hard to pass up, especially if the performance lives up to expectations.

I will be putting it together this weekend and taking it over to Leisure Hours Raceway this month. I will post my impressions and post some closeup pics too.
Hey,
Let me know when you're going to Joliet, IL. I have the M1B TURBO. Just finnishing putting it together. I'm not too far from Joliet, about 2 1/2 HRS

So I could meat you there.
Got a Parachute Jump this weekend so can't come up but say when else we could go?

Regards,
British Menace
Old 04-13-2008, 01:45 AM   #29
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hey Brit

Ordering my engine this week. Getting an RB C6 L2G. Got the RB pipe and electronics. Been tied up with a project so haven't had time to build it. Got some time next week so looks like it will be ready for racing in about 2 weeks.

Weather has been crappy lately too so I really couldn't break in the engine anyway.

Will let you know when Im goin out there.
NytroNutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 09:44 PM   #30
Tech Regular

Hey NytroNuts, have you had a chance to test the M8? I've just been informed that the M8 that i ordered will arrive at my LHS this week so i hope to pick it up by the weekend... If i can get it built in time i'll be racing it in 2 weeks at the next club day with a OS Speed for power.

Any setup tips you (or anyone else) could give me would be much appreciated or else i'll just go with the box setup and see how it feels

Cheers, and i think TM are on the money with this 1!
lowey79 is offline   Reply With Quote