Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Which 1/8 buggy??

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2008, 08:32 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

what does that have to do with this thread?
Old 02-03-2008, 10:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

mugen parts are carried by horizon and great planes shouldnt be too hard to get. mugens from my experiences are pretty good about parts ware and being pretty tough...
Old 02-04-2008, 04:07 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

+1 Petevette
I run Cen, in fact have the only Cens at the track[buggy and truggy] I love them but no parts support at local track and being the only one there, i"m on my own as far as setting it up goes.
If I had it to do over would probably get a brand that's more plentiful at track, just my 2c worth.
Old 02-04-2008, 05:09 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pooldoc
+1 Petevette
I run Cen, in fact have the only Cens at the track[buggy and truggy] I love them but no parts support at local track and being the only one there, i"m on my own as far as setting it up goes.
If I had it to do over would probably get a brand that's more plentiful at track, just my 2c worth.
your one of a kinda out there
Old 02-04-2008, 10:31 AM
Tech Elite

Location: Fort Worth, Texas, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Well, you said "great handling" and "for the new racer" and those 2 are NOT really compatible.

Cars that turn really well are edgy and hard to drive. (Losi 8ight, RC8) They take more skill to drive than something that is a little less nimble.

Easy for a new racer to drive... MBX5/MBX5 ProSpec/MBX5R. (Any of the 3) or a Jammin. Really stable and easy to drive, but don't turn quite as well.

The Mugen is about as tough as they come, pretty easy to get parts for, and really forgiving to drive. I don't think there is a better beginner car made, period.

I drive a Losi now, but wouldn't have been able to handle it withouts starting on a more forgiving car. My first "real" RC buggy was the Mugen.
Old 02-04-2008, 06:58 PM
Tech Rookie

Well I have a Losi 8 and a Ofna Hyper 8. They both have Vspec 21s JP4 pipes.
They both handle really well. The hyper 8 likes to be thrown around it takes a real beating. my 8 buggy out steers the hyper she turns on a dime and is much smoother than the hyper.

I would have to go with the 8. I have an 8T truggy and it's kept up and beat 8 buggies.

I really don't like the associated RC8. We just got one in at the hobby store I work at and for the money the Losi 8 is a better design & the ofna Hyper 8 looks just like the RC8 design,but with metal parts.

Too much plastic on the RC8. That's the only thing I don't like about them