R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 12-08-2008, 10:17 AM   #31
Tech Regular

The track must vary some from 1/10 to 1/8 because the tires used the "cutoffs" are similar in tread pattern to a bowtie and he said that they just worked flawlessly.
Rocket42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 10:28 AM   #32
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to David Alberico Send a message via Yahoo to David Alberico

I don't know....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QnSuAp8gIXY

looks hard packed to me. but maybe
Old 12-08-2008, 05:38 PM   #33
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Race Factor told me they were an option for me also but I havent heard about tem until now. I looked at A-main and they only have premounts which are supposed to be not glued well. How do ou just get the tires or tires and wheels not mounted? I see the Cut off is like a Bowtie do they hve a tread similar to Crimfighters? And 1 last question how are the foams? Sorry 1 more are the wheels the larger daimeter ones or are they the older style? I am going to try them but would like to know alittle more about the whels and foams before I try some.

JR servos Hitec servos. Gens ace lipos KO radio.
malik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 06:37 PM   #34
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by malik View Post
Race Factor told me they were an option for me also but I havent heard about tem until now. I looked at A-main and they only have premounts which are supposed to be not glued well. How do ou just get the tires or tires and wheels not mounted? I see the Cut off is like a Bowtie do they hve a tread similar to Crimfighters? And 1 last question how are the foams? Sorry 1 more are the wheels the larger daimeter ones or are they the older style? I am going to try them but would like to know alittle more about the whels and foams before I try some.
Hey malik, the gluing on the premounts is ok I've never had 1 peel completely off costing me a race as the bead is glued both inside and out on the outside of the rim, but you need to check them after the first few runs to make sure.

VP are constantly working to improve their product and I'm sure will have their gluing sorted out very soon in saying that the gluing is no worse than prolines just not as good as GRP's.

the cutoff (802)(902 truggy)is like a bowtie
the striker (803)is like a K2 or GRP atomic closest match to a crimefighter
the turbo trax(804)(904 truggy) is like a holeshot

if you want unglued the part # is slightly different eg

VP802G-M= medium preglued cutoff's
VP802U-M= medium unglued cutoff's

the unglued come as a set of 4 boxed with rims and inserts

the inserts are good very close to proline but seem to last longer. a little trick we're doing with them is to glue them to the rim first with a small amount of CA this seems to help with the longevity abit.

as for diameter the rim size is 82mm (3.23 inches) and Losi are 83.5mm (3.28 inches) and standard prolines are just over 80mm(3.15 inches) for comparison.

contact Russel at racefactor and I'm sure he'll be able to let you know about avaliability

hope this helps
Adrian

offroaders get more jumps and like it rougher!
RETRO RC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 08:59 AM   #35
Tech Rookie

Hey david are you going to race at the trophy race at shake and bake next weekend?

Rocket42- I had seen on one of the forums people had problems with pre mounts .The cutoffs I tested had no problems with the glueing at all.
Sean t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 09:41 AM   #36
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by COBRARACING View Post
Dear Jason

[QUOTE}Second of all what do you want someone to say when you see a clutch bell broken
What part of OFNA CLUTCH BELL didn't you understand? Clutch bells are a wear item... Do you know the entire story behind the bell, how many hours it was ran, if it was aligned correctly, how much dirt got between it and the spur?

Quote:
and a buggy nose diving over every jump in the photos ???the photos dont do the product justice .
The photos appear that the driver is downsiding the jumps. Merely tapping the brakes will cause a nose dive or having something incorrectly setup in the suspension but you're gonna blame the wing. Unbelievable.

I don't run Caster stuff and likely never will but I don't find any need to say things like what you're saying.

From an outsider who has zero affiliation with Caster products, you really just need to STFU.

To the OP, that's a very nice track you have there, looks like you have pretty tough conditions to race in. Does the track get watered at all? I like the layout.
Old 12-13-2008, 11:44 AM   #37
Tech Regular

fiveoboy the comments by cobra racing are very old and no longer an issue, I just thought I would revive this thread to discuss the Vp tires instead of starting a new thread.

So if anyone has any questions about vp tires or vp products lets discuss them here.

Last edited by Rocket42; 12-13-2008 at 12:15 PM.
Old 12-13-2008, 12:10 PM   #38
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

When I first saw the VP turbo trax I thought they looked awesome. I am waiting to try them out. The ones that look like bowties are really good too. A friend purchased some and said the traction was like a soft Proline but lasted alot longer. These were premounts too and have yet to come unglued at all and are pretty true also.
Old 12-13-2008, 08:47 PM   #39
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket42 View Post
fiveoboy the comments by cobra racing are very old and no longer an issue, I just thought I would revive this thread to discuss the Vp tires instead of starting a new thread.
Oh boy, I'm very sorry, I did not see the dates on the posts. My mistake
Old 12-14-2008, 05:27 AM   #40
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I just ordered the striker premounts from amain, 42.00 for 4 thats a good deal
Will post up how they work after runnin. Keeping race costs down, I'm down with that
Old 12-14-2008, 07:07 AM   #41
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 132 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to will g

easyryder im running vp tires at the nitro pit and i love them the strikers is all i have ran i have a set of turbo trax never ran yet. i ran the strikers last weekend finishing 1st in b main and 4th in a main was very happy with traction and the wear on these tires are awesome see you at srs next weekend
Old 12-14-2008, 09:50 AM   #42
Tech Elite

Great I made a smart decision!! See you at SRS
Old 12-14-2008, 10:49 AM   #43
Tech Elite

http://www.vp-racing.com/home_en.htm

I was checking there website and they have some nice looking wings and pipes and stuff, anybody know if these are availible in US??
Old 12-14-2008, 10:52 AM   #44
Tech Regular

The entire product line is available in the U.S. shoot me a pm easy and I can help you get whatever part you need. The tires are the first major product that is currently available with all the hop up parts to follow as soon as possible.

Also guys please note that the 41.99 price at amain is a christmas special it will jump slighty soon.
Old 12-14-2008, 11:01 AM   #45
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Just sent you an email.
kamlooper is offline   Reply With Quote