Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 02-01-2008, 06:29 AM   #16
Tech Regular

Thanks
ILDRVR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 09:21 AM   #17
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Jason Halvorson Send a message via MSN to Jason Halvorson

i am also NOT sponsored by VP PRO, one of my sponsors is the importer, but i am in no way under contract to run them or only say good things about the VP name...im running them out of preference, i have almost 40 sets of buggy tires almost every brand you can think of, like i stated above i will not limit myself just to the VP tire...

TEAM OCM USA
TEAM GO TECH
TEAM PRO TWISTER MODS
TEAM VP PRO TIRES

OCM RACING DT-19 EVO, GO TECH ENGINES PTM'ED

OCM RACING DT-19T PRO, GO TECH ENGINES PTM'ED
Jason Halvorson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 09:36 AM   #18
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genius View Post
Thats a S type filter hose. Hobao makes something similar. Its just designed to move the filter right above the battery cover, no performance gain. I use the same thing on my X1-cr. I felt the stock filter tube puts the filter in a tight spot with the body on. Some people like it some people dont.

Shouldnt have any problems with the exhaust fumes of your engine going back in thru the filter. In the first place though it shouldnt be doing that with the stinger of your pipe pointing away from the car.

Tabushi bad luck with the clutch bell man! I had the same thing happen to me but In my case I think the clutch bell was well beyond its usable life and I should of changed it already haha.
oh ok, thats cool.

for my 2nd question. lets say i wired it on purpose so that i had a line coming off the stinger directly into my air filter. or what if i kept blowing cigarette smoke into the filter? not that i smoke cigs or i actually would do that, im just cusious as to what would happen. would the engine just shut off since there isint enough o2 to burn the gas or what?

what if i had a cycle where i only let the engine breathe the same air/fumes over and over, made it so that the only place the air filter can possible get air from is straight outta the exhaust. kinda a stupid question but something that pondered my mind and made me curios as hell.
Mugen MBX-5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 09:56 AM   #19
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rezenclowd3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugen MBX-5 View Post
oh ok, thats cool.

for my 2nd question. lets say i wired it on purpose so that i had a line coming off the stinger directly into my air filter. or what if i kept blowing cigarette smoke into the filter? not that i smoke cigs or i actually would do that, im just cusious as to what would happen. would the engine just shut off since there isint enough o2 to burn the gas or what?

what if i had a cycle where i only let the engine breathe the same air/fumes over and over, made it so that the only place the air filter can possible get air from is straight outta the exhaust. kinda a stupid question but something that pondered my mind and made me curios as hell.
Think about it this way, in effect its the same thing: It'd be like a person breathing into a plastic bag. You use up the oxygen that your body needs. Same thing would happen to the engine, but it would stall and die since it would not be able to ignite the fuel anymore.
rezenclowd3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 02:54 PM   #20
Tech Addict

it's a shame to see manufatures bad mouthing other companies to try and lift their profile.

I'm currently testing VP pro tires for our local distributor I'm not sponsored in any way shape or form by the distributor but I really have to say so far I'm very impressed, their compounds are high grip and long wearing (much better than TCR any day of the week I might add and yes I have tested the TCR tyres also)

the cut offs tread pattern is possibally the most consistant of the three patterns so far with the Striker not far behind

The Cut-offs are a good balance between forward and side bite( if you like bowties you'll like these)
the Mad runner's have really good forward bite with less side bite than the Cut-offs and the strikers have really good side bite with less forward bite than the Cut-offs (very similar to komodo 2's and GRP atomics)

they are definately worth giving a go

Adrian

offroaders get more jumps and like it rougher!
RETRO RC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 11:47 AM   #21
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 31 (97%+)
Send a message via MSN to zJatoRad

Last edited by zJatoRad; 12-07-2008 at 08:05 PM.
zJatoRad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 07:11 PM   #22
Tech Regular

These tires and accessories are now available at RBmods.net and Amainhobbies.com holeshotnobbies.com as well as some other Go engines dealers
Rocket42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 07:16 PM   #23
Tech Regular

Here are some vp tire results in the U.S.

Statement:
I was contacted by Race Factor Industries to test a set of VP Pro Tires part# VP-802G-M at my local track Shake'n'Bake Raceway. The track is an all clay track.
Before I mounted the VP Pro tires on my buggy I tried every other tire company out there. I had a push on the way in and loose on the way out with all the other tires
I have used in the past. When I mounted the VP Pro tires on my car, I felt like my buggy was on rails. I was very impressed with handling and wear of the tires. I look
forward to running the VP Pro tires on my X-Ray 808 buggy in the future.

Sean Thomas

2008 Show Me Show Down Champion
2008 Tornado Alley Series Champion
2007 Hobby World Grand Opening TQ and 1st place
2006 Missouri State Champion
2006 Bossier City, LA RC Pro Series Round 1 Qualified 7TH and finished
7TH in the A Main

Sean put 2 laps on the field in a 20min main with the vp tires on his buggy.

These tire not only offer great traction with proven tread designs, but great wear as well.
Old 12-07-2008, 09:44 PM   #24
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

These tires are for real, dont let the price fool you.
kamlooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 10:46 PM   #25
Tech Adept

Awesome Post more pictures.
Dvx400Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 11:18 PM   #26
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket42 View Post

Statement:
I was contacted by Race Factor Industries to test a set of VP Pro Tires part# VP-802G-M at my local track Shake'n'Bake Raceway. The track is an all clay track.
Before I mounted the VP Pro tires on my buggy I tried every other tire company out there. I had a push on the way in and loose on the way out with all the other tires
I have used in the past. When I mounted the VP Pro tires on my car, I felt like my buggy was on rails. I was very impressed with handling and wear of the tires. I look

Sean Thomas

7TH in the A Main

These tire not only offer great traction with proven tread designs, but great wear as well.
hey Russell good to hear they are getting out there in the states.

the new compounds M1 and M2 are even better than the previous M and S compounds. M1 being the softer of the two (like proline M3's but better wear charateristics) the only thing to keep an eye on is the gluing of the preglued.

at our resent national championship 7 out of the 12 main finalists were on VP802u-m2's taking 1st 2nd 4th 7th 8th 11th and 12th

and the new truggy tires on debut also had 7 from 12 in the main taking 1st
2nd 3rd 5th 9th 11th and 12th
Now you can't argue with that

heres a link to the results

http://www.buggy-sport.info/include....nt&subid=11628

all I can say is give these a try and I'm pretty sure you won't regreat it

Adrian

offroaders get more jumps and like it rougher!
RETRO RC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 08:09 AM   #27
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to David Alberico Send a message via Yahoo to David Alberico

Quote:

Statement:

Sean Thomas

7TH in the A Main

So is the compound tested a clay compound?
Old 12-08-2008, 08:49 AM   #28
Tech Regular

No it was the M compound which is now called the M2 compound. It perfromed very well on the clay track.
Old 12-08-2008, 08:52 AM   #29
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

The VP Pro tires are excellent IMO. They last longer then most soft compounds while still having great traction. I think they excellent for the money. Also as far as the Caster Statement earlier with the tires being bad and the rims, then you have not tested them in the past year. They are not the same quality at all and you will not have any of the problems you stated. I do not know which tires you ran or where you ran them but with a set of good foams they are excellent tires, very soft and last along time. We just had to locals running stock caster tires out of the KIT almost TQ in 2 races this weekend until a clutch bearing problem.

Just a note.... IF YOU HAVE TESTED ANY CASTER PRODUCTS A YEAR OR MORE AGO YOU MIGHT AS WELL CONSIDER IT WORTH NOTHING TO MAKE A STATEMENT ABOUT. EVERYTHING IS DIFFERENT AND MADE DIFFERENT, ESPECIALLY HERE IN THE U.S.
Old 12-08-2008, 10:10 AM   #30
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to David Alberico Send a message via Yahoo to David Alberico

Quote:
No it was the M compound which is now called the M2 compound. It perfromed very well on the clay track.
Ah, ok. This track is about 1 hour south of me. I went and ran a 10th scale buggy and the tire to have a was a pink/clay slick, so for 8th scale I would say that a clay switch would probably be the best tire based on my 10th scale findings. To my knowledge nobody has tried a clay tire on 8th scale on this track, I would like to see how this compound/tire compares to Losi/pink panther/clay on this track.