Why is 1/10scale Gas Truck down

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Why is 1/10scale Gas Truck down

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2008, 02:03 PM
Tech Fanatic

I had read all the post and everybody is correct. The people that have been in the sport for the long hall love 2wd drive cars and trucks. We understand that you need a certain skill to wheel them fast.

The people just getting into the hobby just see the big cars and trucks (1/8) flying high and taking a few rolls and keep going. They think that is cool and want to be part of that class. This is were the problem starts. If you can wheel a 2wd fast a 4wd will be a piece of cake. You also learn how to set up a driver for a pass with a 2wd instead of driving through them.

That is all for now.... I need to catch a train for the ride home.

Later
Kevin Boyle

Last edited by Kevin Boyle; 01-31-2008 at 05:25 AM.
Old 01-30-2008, 02:41 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I had a xxx-nt I loved driving that and racing it, but I broke a part every time I ran it it seemed like. I finally got sick of fixing it and sold it and bought a MT Im buying a buggy for this year. I think the buggy will be a lot more forgiving then the 10th scale was.
Old 01-30-2008, 02:47 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

As someone trying to get back in after many years of being out, I was going to go with 1/10th, but after I saw the 1/8th, there is no way I would do 1/10th. They look better to me and actually look a bit tougher. A plus for a lot of people like me is that the larger tires run easier in the grass and other stuff mother nature has sitting around, so there may be more places to play. Also, aside from the initial car cost, much of the operating component cost is the same between smaller and larger vehicles.
Old 01-30-2008, 03:02 PM
Tech Regular

Except that 1/8 go through tires faster and fuel. I can roughly go fourteen minutes on a tank of gas with my gt2. In my 8ight I don't think I could reach ten. Also, if you have good front tires, then you just have to replace rear tires usually with a 2wd. My buggy's tires look visibly worn after one day at the track.
Old 01-30-2008, 03:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

I love running gas truck. I agree, it is a harder class to learn how to drive, but it is just as fun as any other once you get the hang of it. I too was ready to sell my 1/10 but have since learned throttle control and love the class. Hopefully our home track will get some more gas trucks to come out cause it seams to be dying
Old 01-30-2008, 07:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

I own a B4, T4 and a highly mod GT, has a lot of GT2 parts.

I drove my brothers 1/8 buggy (Sportwerks Mayham) two years ago.

I got the GT because of driving the 1/8 buggy. The buggy was boring to me!!!

My T4 have a Novak 3.5 in it and it seems a bit slow compared to the GT!!!

At my home track we are close to having B-mains for ele trucks!!

Brushless and Lipo is helping rebuild ele truck class

Gas truck is stuck at 4-5 per race night!!!
Old 01-30-2008, 09:24 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by tmail55
I own a B4, T4 and a highly mod GT, has a lot of GT2 parts.

I drove my brothers 1/8 buggy (Sportwerks Mayham) two years ago.

I got the GT because of driving the 1/8 buggy. The buggy was boring to me!!!

My T4 have a Novak 3.5 in it and it seems a bit slow compared to the GT!!!

At my home track we are close to having B-mains for ele trucks!!

Brushless and Lipo is helping rebuild ele truck class

Gas truck is stuck at 4-5 per race night!!!
You got too much motor in the electric, you need something more like a 6.5 to 8.5 to see how it runs on a track. Right now you are blowing off the tires and getting no traction. I run a 4600 in a T4 and a .12 TG in a GT2 and they are about the same
Old 01-30-2008, 09:28 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by gasser
The reasons I see the decline in 10th scale is 3 fold.

1. There is no where near the recognition in winning a 10th scale national event as there is winning an 8th scale buggy or truggy race of the same caliber either in the US or World wide.

2. As stated before 10th scale 2wd takes allot more driving skill and if you make a mistake in 10th scale you have a greater chance of breaking it over the 8th scalers.

3. Most tracks are now being built for the bigger faster 8th scales and makes a boring drive with a 10th scale when most end up rolling the majority of the jumps as they are much harder or impossible to do for most.
You got three great points there. My local track has an 1100 FT centerline and 10+ft wide lanes, its hard to line a 1/10 truck on the back straight, when its over 50ft away
Old 01-30-2008, 09:31 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

I think 1/10th gas truck is more of a class to race on an eletric track with electrics.. they handle much more similar. Trying to race 1/8th buggy and 1/10th gas truck on the same day at a big race is hard for alot of drivers.. it's like trying to run stock and mod. I'd much rather run two 1/8th classes.

Also tracks are getting bigger and gnarlier...
Old 01-30-2008, 09:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (97%+)

The funny part is that li//bl truck has the technology available to put every other class out of business. The xxx-crt, t-4 w/ gt2 parts, & the hpi firestorm(if they ever actually release an ss kit); are all very affordable & extremely durable cars. With li//bl you don't need a ball diff which is one thing that drove people away. Another thing is that li//bl is very very cheap in the short & long term compared to nitro 1/8th scale. Another thing is that you can pick up a pair of 8kmah lipos & run a 45 minute main. So, you have durabillity, speed, a fat wallet, virtually no work, & an even playing field.
Old 01-30-2008, 09:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (97%+)

The funny part is that li//bl truck has the technology available to put every other class out of business. The xxx-crt, t-4 w/ gt2 parts, & the hpi firestorm(if they ever actually release an ss kit); are all very affordable & extremely durable cars. With li//bl you don't need a ball diff which is one thing that drove people away. Another thing is that li//bl is very very cheap in the short & long term compared to nitro 1/8th scale. Another thing is that you can pick up a pair of 8kmah lipos & run a 45 minute main. So, you have durabillity, speed, a fat wallet, virtually no work, long run times, & an even playing field.
Old 01-31-2008, 12:38 AM
Tech Rookie

When i got back into rc I went for the 1/8 over the 1/10 scale because I just liked the larger size more.
Also I don't think that 1/10 breaks more than 1/8 !
If you hit something hard enough your gonna break.

I love my 1/8's at the moment but I would never rule out gettin a 1/10 car/truck again, or smaller for that matter.

Maybe I should get a 1/10 so I can improve my skills
Old 01-31-2008, 12:57 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Who says Gas Stadium Truck is dead?

In South Australia its just getting Bigger and Bigger as we speak.
I run a MT and a MBX5R and am buying a Mugen MST-1 as we speak.
Makes you a more controlled driver, just what i need.

Anyway maybe slightly off topic but heres a video of the last stadium truck race in Whyalla Australia. Enjoy.

http://www.users.on.net/~danzig/Stadium.wmv 32 meg.

Certianly not dead Down Under !!!
Old 01-31-2008, 06:11 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default truck

Originally Posted by Vigilante212
I had a xxx-nt I loved driving that and racing it, but I broke a part every time I ran it it seemed like. I finally got sick of fixing it and sold it and bought a MT Im buying a buggy for this year. I think the buggy will be a lot more forgiving then the 10th scale was.
I also have the losi (drake2 for me) an if u broke every time u drove it it's obivous u were crashing a lot that is why it broke. When u learn to stay between the tubes an nav. thru the tech. areas u won't have a problem. while these trucks are a little more fragile they don't break themselves. I have truggys and a buggy an 1/10 electrics but the 1/10 gas is by far the most fun to drive.
Old 01-31-2008, 06:26 AM
Tech Apprentice

Does anyone race the 1/10 tmaxx's anywhere?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.