Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Spektrum DX3.0 very quick question

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2008, 06:42 PM
Tech Regular

Default Spektrum DX3.0 very quick question

im trying to get my new skeptrum dx.30 radio kit to connect to my car.

my only problems are that:

1. what is the AUX plug in for in the receiver for? when i plug the assumed AUX cable in, it doesnt seem to wanna power on.. but when its just the battery plugged into the receiver it works fine.

2. i had a on/off switch already installed in the car... and it had 3 cables coming off it, battery female, battery male, and the AUX plug in im guessing? well the switch that i got with my car only has the 2 cables... battery female and battery male. why?

3. i forgot the instruction book at the damn hobby shop! and i wont be going back for like a month! i dont know how to get the remote to connect to the receiver, does anyone know how to do it?

i realize thats probably hard to understand, so if you want me to post pics of whats going on, I can, just ask.

someone please answer fast, ive been waiting to drive me car for 2 months and now im seconds away from driving it!!!

thanks
Old 01-28-2008, 06:59 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

www.spektrumrc.com

download manual from website.
Old 01-28-2008, 06:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

im going to try and help, you got 4 plugs in your reciver you got aux for a persanol transponder and the other ones are for the battery and servos i hope this is what you were asking.
Old 01-28-2008, 07:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

double post.
Old 01-28-2008, 07:12 PM
Tech Addict

The wire from the actual Battery which is female goes to wire 1 of switch with male connector on it.
From wire 2 on switch, which is a female connector that goes to reciever Batt terminal.
Steering servo goes to st on reciever
Throttle servo goes to th on reciever
Transponder goes to Aux

Red Black etc should all follow suit all the way through the terminals of reciever i.e Black is on extreme right , Red Middle and Signal (servo's only) on the left hand side. This is looking from the top of reciever with the writing the correct way up.
Hope that helps
Kev
Old 01-29-2008, 03:52 AM
Tech Regular

to bind the receiver to the transmitter, start with both switched off, push and hold the blue button on the reciever while you switch it on. Green light should flash... Then push and hold the button on the back off the transmitter while switching it on. Green light should flash then stay on. if it all worked, you're good to go!
Old 01-29-2008, 01:31 PM
Tech Initiate

And the extra wire coming off the switch is for recharging the battery without disconnecting it from the receiver.
Old 01-29-2008, 01:59 PM
Tech Regular

DAMN!!! i didnt think this post made it up, as soon as i went to post it, i think the site went offline for a little bit yesterday.

as soon as it went offline, i googled it and found the instruction book and got it all figured out.

thanks for being so helpful guys, i dont have a transponder so ill leave that one empty.