Community
Wiki Posts
Search

COBRA RACING LOOKING FOR A,B,C MAIN DRIVERS AND LOCAL CLUB DRIVERS

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2008, 03:31 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by COBRARACING
Just a little brain storm and tell me if im wrong .Its about a tyre brand or particular tyres working.

A top A main driver can make any tyre work and run fast lap times and end up on the podium right???.A top world class driver taking cobra tyres onto the podium and 1st place tells me ive bought myself a championship .

But what im saying is that you know when a tyre or Brand is a good product when you see and witness a club racer ranked 300th in the world and above as an example cut 2-3 sec a lap time using cobra tyres after testing other tyre brands from aorund the world on the same day same track conditions right ???

conclusion is your everyday local guy will give you the results out of your product if it improves his lap times and driving you will surely know by the local guy and not the superstar .
The superstar will never see an increase in his performance as he's on top of the world already and knows how to drive with loads of experience and can make any product look good.

Thats what we do, most of our testing around the world is completed by the local guy who's not the superstar and we test against other brands of tyres and products.

just my little mind working 24 /7 .

take care friends
This is an excelent thought on the subject of sponsoring drivers and a good idea to run with.

Using this method, it would work very well if the 'Sponsored Drivers' were then not restricted to run only Cobra Tires but any brand so as the driver and the company/ Charlie/ Angelo can make direct comparisons ?? Between Tires, rims and wings??

Would that work?

Britissh Menace
Old 02-06-2008, 03:34 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default e-mail

Hey charlie you got a pm
Old 02-06-2008, 08:21 PM
Tech Apprentice

I am sorry maybe Angelo may feel different but when a company offers support the person should only run there product.If the product doesnt fit them then they should ask for help from some product they feel is a good fit for them.

I think what the point was that a good driver can made any good quailty product work and go fast with it.
Old 02-06-2008, 09:39 PM
Tech Elite

Location: Fort Worth, Texas, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lumpy74
I am sorry maybe Angelo may feel different but when a company offers support the person should only run there product.If the product doesnt fit them then they should ask for help from some product they feel is a good fit for them.

I think what the point was that a good driver can made any good quailty product work and go fast with it.

I agree with what Charlie said. If you are sponsored, it is both misleading to the public AND to your sponsor if you aren't running their stuff all the time.

Speaking of which... are you nearly ready to post the list?

Brad
Old 02-06-2008, 10:29 PM
Tech Master

Hi guys,
what compounds do the tyres come in? and what are their equivalents?
Old 02-07-2008, 01:18 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Shiftiestmort
Hi guys,
what compounds do the tyres come in? and what are their equivalents?

Dear Friend

Its equivelant to M2 compound called R38-40

This M2 wording is misleading as manufacturing has tolerences of + or - 2% and some even higher.
Old 02-07-2008, 01:51 AM
Tech Master

will there be a softer compound released in the near future?
Old 02-07-2008, 12:10 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Shiftiestmort
will there be a softer compound released in the near future?
That's a good question...it seems like only one compound limits your options when you want to use a specific kind of tread but need diferent amount of grip / durability, say in qualifiers and subfinals....

About top / club drivers, I think you need both:

-The top driver can tell you in just a few laps if a tire is good or not, because he (she) has lots of experience and can "feel " how the tire afects car handling, without being fooled by driving mistakes or wrong setups like the less experienced driver would....the down side is as you mentioned: a top driver can make almost any tire go fast, with small lap time differences.

-The less experienced driver may not be such an expert, but notice a bigger difference in handling and lap times, because the tire helps him or not, making his car easier to drive, more consistent, even correct his errors.

Besides: the top driver is always in the spot light, but there are few top drivers and many many club drivers....and they work on a more personal level with mate drivers.

Just my ideas...
Old 02-07-2008, 11:55 PM
Tech Elite

Dear Friends

I was on the phone to charlie this morning and he told me that the 15 drivers have been chosen and he will post the results on rc tech shortly .

Im sure the drivers know who they are as i think charlie has notified them already .

thank you once again

with maximum respect Angelo
Old 02-08-2008, 02:49 AM

Dear Friends

I was on the phone to charlie this morning and he told me that the 15 drivers have been chosen and he will post the results on rc tech shortly .

Im sure the drivers know who they are as i think charlie has notified them already .

thank you once again

Drum Roll!!!!!!!

Last edited by Megacrash; 02-08-2008 at 09:06 AM.
Old 02-08-2008, 05:25 AM
Tech Elite

Location: Fort Worth, Texas, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe

Dear Friends

thank you once again

Angelo,

When will the US distributor information be available? I'm looking forward to getting both the wing, and of course tires. Remember we had a detailed off-line discussion about the aerodynamics of the wing. I've been running the ProLine wing because it was the closest thing to "right" that I could find... your wing design just makes more sense!

(Note to the guys on here, I say that as an amatuer aviation enthusiast/pilot/experimental aircraft builder/former Experimental Aircarft Association chapter VP... I'm not an engineer like Angelo, but I DO have a pretty good understanding of aerodynamics!)
Old 02-08-2008, 08:26 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Drivers

Well I finally finished reviewing the resumes. I want to thank everyone for there time to respond to Angelos request for drivers,If you arent chosen please feel free to keep in contact with me as things change.

Randy Cannady, Eric Jordan, David Wall, Chris Coerper
Brad smith,Gary Fitzgerald, Tim Newman,Edwin Hartmen
Jeff Dyer,Keith West, Pete Caballero, Julio Romero,Tony Cano, Juan Serret.

Ed roberts
Liam Santos
David Powers
Skeller
Chris Nenez

I know you have all emailed me but its to hard to sort through to get info,please resend addy and contact info (except pete and david powers)

thanks
Old 02-08-2008, 08:37 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

where is my name?? what the hell is going on Charlie??? lol

Just kidding

Congrats to all the Team Cobra guys!! be sure not to abuse your Team Manager too much, its not as easy as people think..!!
Old 02-08-2008, 08:43 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Let me be the second to Congratulate all the team drivers. Now, lets get out to the track and promote Team Cobra!
Old 02-08-2008, 08:49 AM
Tech Addict

Just a little brain storm and tell me if im wrong .Its about a tyre brand or particular tyres working.

A top A main driver can make any tyre work and run fast lap times and end up on the podium right???.A top world class driver taking cobra tyres onto the podium and 1st place tells me ive bought myself a championship .

But what im saying is that you know when a tyre or Brand is a good product when you see and witness a club racer ranked 300th in the world and above as an example cut 2-3 sec a lap time using cobra tyres after testing other tyre brands from aorund the world on the same day same track conditions right ???

conclusion is your everyday local guy will give you the results out of your product if it improves his lap times and driving you will surely know by the local guy and not the superstar .
The superstar will never see an increase in his performance as he's on top of the world already and knows how to drive with loads of experience and can make any product look good.

Thats what we do, most of our testing around the world is completed by the local guy who's not the superstar and we test against other brands of tyres and products.

just my little mind working 24 /7 .

take care friends
Not sure i would completely agree, my thoughts are yes a pro would/should perform with any suitabe tyres, but when they are up against each other any advantage is an advantage and pros along with the rest of us "tune" their tyres. In Cali on the more clay laiden tracks i noticed pros cutting out the centre line of Proline Hole Shots to combat them clogging, in the UK pretty much everyone takes off the outside row at least on Angle Spikes when racing on Astroturf to combat grip roll. From my experiance at tracks i would venture the differance between a pro and a club racer is not just driving ability but also the ability to spot and rectify the small issues that gain a fraction of a second and make them add up to whole seconds. The advice i have been given by a few pros now is that tyres are 80 percent of tuning a car to a track. Of course at some point personal preference and driving style becomes an issue and at that point is where i could see people running a particular make of tyre. Personally at the moment i like Panther tyres over all, but use Proline Hole Shots a lot but not really any other proline tire. I am looking at the moment to try some Cobra Racing Tyres and Jconcepts.

Last edited by IanWright; 02-08-2008 at 02:56 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.