COBRA RACING LOOKING FOR A,B,C MAIN DRIVERS AND LOCAL CLUB DRIVERS

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

COBRA RACING LOOKING FOR A,B,C MAIN DRIVERS AND LOCAL CLUB DRIVERS

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2008, 06:08 AM
Tech Elite

Congratulations to all the new American Cobra Racing drivers!!!

I believe you are part of something which is going to be a little different from the "normal sponsored driver" thing, something you'll have alot of input into.

Don't underestimate the "Team Thing" Angelo has touched upon already. Being from England, I know they are VERY VERY big on teaming in Europe. Great to be a part of!!

Don't get me wrong, some know of teaming in the U.S. Just not as much in RC and just not as much as accross the 'pond'.

Congrats again to all the drivers. I think you've all been given a great opportunity!! All the best to the "Team"

Regards,

British Menace
Old 02-10-2008, 08:14 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Angelo...we're cool dude. You didn't make a mistake. It's all good.
Old 02-10-2008, 10:27 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

Last edited by houston; 02-13-2008 at 06:48 PM.
Old 02-10-2008, 12:43 PM
Tech Elite

Location: Fort Worth, Texas, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Monty and Angelo...

Gentlemen, I think we have a simple misunderstanding here. Americans have a different way of saying things than the rest of the world... I've seen this type of situation many times on other forums. We tend to come across a little smug and arrogant, without realizing it. This is just a difference in our culture.

Monty,

I can see where Angelo would have misconstrued what you said previously, but I can also see (since I'm used to the way Americans speak, given than I'm an American) that it wasn't meant to be negative. The "good drivers get 100% sponsored" wasn't being mean, it was "smack talking" in normal American style. It wasn't saying this isn't a "real" team, you were "calling out" the Team Cobra drivers, saying you can beat us! It is a joke, and a challenge, and all in fun. We hear it at the track every time we race...

We are on an internet forum... a written message doesn't convey the same tone as a spoken sentence. I've been involved in an "argument" before with a gentleman from Australia because of the WAY I said something... once we both realized it was just the difference in the way we said things, we both laughed it off. HUMOR doesn't translate well on the internet... especially when there are differences in culture.

In this case, we're seeing the same thing. Guys, please don't let this get blow out of proportion... In the intial messages I can see how this started out as a bit of humor and was taken as a personal attack. I sincerely do not believe it was intended as an attack...

We're on a global forum... even though all the posts are in English here, we don't all speak the same version of English. Sometimes the way we say things means more than what we say, and like I said, different countries and cultures say things differently, even if we are speaking the same language.

Angelo,

I believe what Monty said earlier was intended as humor... he was making a joke. Of course it didn't look that way to someone who isn't from the U.S. because of HOW he said it, so you responded. I do not think what he said was intended to be negative, I think it was intended to be a joke. Now you are both angry, and so anything said simply makes you both get angrier.

Please guys, take a step back and a deep breath... and remember that on the web things do not sound the same when you read them as when you say them face-to-face. We now went from joking around to a real argument... let's stop arguing and go back to having fun here...

Note that I'm not critcizing anyone here. I'm a computer professional and have been on the internet since before most people had even heard of it... and before the internet I was part of EliteNet running a bulletin board, much like this one without all the pretty graphics. I've seen misunderstandings like this too many times to count.

I hope I haven't angered anyone by saying this. In particular I hope I haven't angered you, Angelo, since I'm part of your US team! I wouldn't want to jeapordize that... and I wouldn't have said anything if I didn't think this could be straightened out before it gets worse. I don't want to see either of you be angry or have any "bad blood" between our racers and other teams. I especially don't want to see humor and "smack talk" turn into a feud. This started with a joke...

I would like to see us all get along on here... we're all here to talk about racing, and about new products, and to have fun and make friends. That's what this hobby is really about, right?

In this case we're hear to talk about the new products that Team Cobra is bringing to the market... something we all need! We need more choices in tires, wings that are actually designed to do the job they are supposed to, wheels that are tough and reliable.

And Monty... my turn to talk smack... RC Pro Series will tell us who's faster right? Come and getcha some!

Ok... hitting submit now, and I hope I didn't say anything wrong here... remember, this is a GLOBAL forum...
Old 02-10-2008, 01:35 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by houston
so i am the childish one ??? as i have read as many of your posts and i took away from them that you are the childish one angelo !! as far as the comments that dont concern you , what about your great posts in the vp racing thread DUDE(serious product bashing)!!!! you know you may have great products , but you are not great for the products buddy!! at first i thought you were a stand up guy ,but now i think you are something unmentionable on rctech !! i have never disrespected any of your products , only asked questions in regards to product longevity , quality and sponsorship details . so you acting like i tore your product apart is a little childish in my opinion i as well am in close contact with jim and am good friends with him . good luck with your team and promoting your products angelo.
Monty
Its all cool im not here to argue with you or anyone and houston you have my apology .

At the moment i have a little problem with the Australian governing body .they want to pull down the Novarossi engines .12 to check the insides for illegal modifications .Now the engines have the backplate pin attached and connot be pulled down .

Houston do you guys in the states have similar problems with ROAR .please let me know this situation is driving me nuts .

with maximum respect Angelo .

ps:i hope you except my apology .
Old 02-10-2008, 01:47 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by DOMIT
Monty and Angelo...

Gentlemen, I think we have a simple misunderstanding here. Americans have a different way of saying things than the rest of the world... I've seen this type of situation many times on other forums. We tend to come across a little smug and arrogant, without realizing it. This is just a difference in our culture.

Monty,

I can see where Angelo would have misconstrued what you said previously, but I can also see (since I'm used to the way Americans speak, given than I'm an American) that it wasn't meant to be negative. The "good drivers get 100% sponsored" wasn't being mean, it was "smack talking" in normal American style. It wasn't saying this isn't a "real" team, you were "calling out" the Team Cobra drivers, saying you can beat us! It is a joke, and a challenge, and all in fun. We hear it at the track every time we race...

We are on an internet forum... a written message doesn't convey the same tone as a spoken sentence. I've been involved in an "argument" before with a gentleman from Australia because of the WAY I said something... once we both realized it was just the difference in the way we said things, we both laughed it off. HUMOR doesn't translate well on the internet... especially when there are differences in culture.

In this case, we're seeing the same thing. Guys, please don't let this get blow out of proportion... In the intial messages I can see how this started out as a bit of humor and was taken as a personal attack. I sincerely do not believe it was intended as an attack...

We're on a global forum... even though all the posts are in English here, we don't all speak the same version of English. Sometimes the way we say things means more than what we say, and like I said, different countries and cultures say things differently, even if we are speaking the same language.

Angelo,

I believe what Monty said earlier was intended as humor... he was making a joke. Of course it didn't look that way to someone who isn't from the U.S. because of HOW he said it, so you responded. I do not think what he said was intended to be negative, I think it was intended to be a joke. Now you are both angry, and so anything said simply makes you both get angrier.

Please guys, take a step back and a deep breath... and remember that on the web things do not sound the same when you read them as when you say them face-to-face. We now went from joking around to a real argument... let's stop arguing and go back to having fun here...

Note that I'm not critcizing anyone here. I'm a computer professional and have been on the internet since before most people had even heard of it... and before the internet I was part of EliteNet running a bulletin board, much like this one without all the pretty graphics. I've seen misunderstandings like this too many times to count.

I hope I haven't angered anyone by saying this. In particular I hope I haven't angered you, Angelo, since I'm part of your US team! I wouldn't want to jeapordize that... and I wouldn't have said anything if I didn't think this could be straightened out before it gets worse. I don't want to see either of you be angry or have any "bad blood" between our racers and other teams. I especially don't want to see humor and "smack talk" turn into a feud. This started with a joke...

I would like to see us all get along on here... we're all here to talk about racing, and about new products, and to have fun and make friends. That's what this hobby is really about, right?

In this case we're hear to talk about the new products that Team Cobra is bringing to the market... something we all need! We need more choices in tires, wings that are actually designed to do the job they are supposed to, wheels that are tough and reliable.

And Monty... my turn to talk smack... RC Pro Series will tell us who's faster right? Come and getcha some!

Ok... hitting submit now, and I hope I didn't say anything wrong here... remember, this is a GLOBAL forum...
Brad i take my hat off to you .It's great to have you on the team .You are very diplomatic person and i can learn a thing or two from not only you but all of you .

I took things the wrong way with houston and i have apologised to him .

A little background about me .I was born in the tough streets in sydney Australia were my eyes seen alot and i mean alot .I learnt not to trust and sort the people out who disrepsected me .You want to laugh i even gave the American guarding Angels a hiding when they tried to start up a sect here in Australia this is going back about 13 years Ago.lolol

But i was one of the lucky ones who got out and got an education .It seems like some of that anger is still around from time to time but i have learnt over the years that diplomacy is the only way to get things done and not with violence .

Im about 97% there to being the guy that i want to be and it will happen as i have determination .

I started cobra racing 3 years ago with $10000 US dollars for my first mold then it grew from there .I started it from mainly nothing and im proud of my achievements.

We have 7 molds now and growing and with all of your help it's just going to get bigger and bigger .

so im sorry if i have offended anyone .

with maximum respect Angelo
Old 02-10-2008, 01:47 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

angelo, ygpm dude!
Old 02-10-2008, 01:51 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

by the way,

i applaud you for taking on some of the big names in this industry, these people are backed by who knows how much money, its nice to see the little man come up and make something, BUT to not forget where he come from and help others like him... thats something rare these days, when most people make something of themself, they forget where they originated from....

i cant wait to see more cobra products in the future!! i think some truggy tires to match those buggy tires would sell VERY well, truggy is becoming a HUGE class here, we had almost double last night compared to the buggys at a local race...
Old 02-10-2008, 06:08 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

apologie accepted and apologie given . i am a very diplomatic person who is willing to help people and have helped many , here on rctech and in the real world , i told you two or three times that none of what i posted had any disrespectful connotation to it . sometimes people read way more into a post than there really is
good luck with your products and team ,
monty

p.s. i am a pretty fast driver brad i dont really have the time to go to all the rcpro events though (job, wife and kids ) i am also a very knowledgeable nitro driver who many turn to for advice if you are ever up here in the northwest i would love to meet ya man , just ask around and most who are from around here know me and can direct you to my pits
take it easy
p.s.s. i dont much like attacks on my person , such as angelo has done . i do accept his apologie and have stated that i apologize to him for any misunderstanding
Old 02-11-2008, 11:12 PM
Tech Elite

dear friends

can you all please email me when you need to communicate with me as i dont like this pm thing on rc tech .
Old 02-12-2008, 08:26 AM
Tech Elite

Location: Fort Worth, Texas, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe

Charlie and Angelo,

I'm having to take a short notice trip for work, leaving tonight for Atlanta, I'll be there until the 27th. If you are sending any paperwork to my home it might be good to hold off until I get back.

Charlie if you are within reasonable distance of Atlanta perhaps I could meet up with you while I am there. (I don't really mind putting miles on the rental car!) I'd be happy to do any paperwork then, and we can grab a bite and or a brew and talk racing.

I may try to make it out to watch the local guys run... I'm not bringing my gear to run though. Too much hassle with the airlines and baggage, and too short notice to get everything packed properly.
Old 02-12-2008, 08:35 AM
Tech Apprentice

Brad I live in Charlotte about 3 1/2 hours north of atlanta. I will racing saturday at local club for warmup for enduro race if you could come up that would be great we get done around 6 just in time for dinner and brew lol
Old 02-12-2008, 08:44 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by lumpy74
Brad I live in Charlotte about 3 1/2 hours north of atlanta. I will racing saturday at local club for warmup for enduro race if you could come up that would be great we get done around 6 just in time for dinner and brew lol

Outstanding! 3-4 hours drive is fine, no problem... I could make it to the track early afternoon probably... (don't want to get up TOO early on Saturday!) You have my number, right?
Old 02-12-2008, 12:08 PM
Tech Apprentice

yes, just call me on cell sat. theres a outback right don the road.
here the track website www.hobbystop.com
Old 02-12-2008, 12:37 PM
Tech Elite

Dear Nanda Drivers and friends

There seems to be a problem with supply for the USA for the nanda nrb-3 .This doesnt concern me and basically none of my business on the situation between the distributor or the factory but i have been given permission to support any of you who need parts and kits direct shipping from Australia .

I have helped quite a few so far and we have all spare parts and kits in stock .
I am here to make the nrb-3 the most supportive brand in the world and people know exactly i am what i say i am .

So please if you need to purchase the nrb-3 and parts do not hesitate to contact me direct .Its about a 7-10 delivery so it doesn't cost you so much .

[email protected]

regards Angelo

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.