Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 02-08-2008, 09:56 PM   #181
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

It's all good Charlie.
rcdude69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 02:15 AM   #182
Tech Adept

Is the rear wing also bullit proof? Like the rims are?

mzl Hellsavage
Hellsavage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 11:03 AM   #183
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

I feel honored to be selected to represent Team Cobra Racing and I am looking forward to working with the team!
ehartman_49348 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 12:10 PM   #184
Tech Prophet

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

i asked a question or two about what the actual sponsorship involved , but got no response ??? is it not a 100% deal ??? but a discounted tire deal ??? is that correct ?

thanks ,
monty
TEAM FUSION X ENGINES / TEAM BYRON ORIGINALS / TEAM PROLINE RACING TIRES / TEAM SICK GRAPHICS /TEAM KYOSHO / things I support: COMP HEAT DEALER /TEAM LUNSFORD/ FUSIONX™ USA / TEAM KYOSHO / "H.E.S."™ / BYRON FUELS / RC-OMGUSA/KICWEBDESIGNZ/AKA TIRES/PROLINE RACING TIRES /RAYA RACING/BUKU POWER CLUTCH/M2CRACING/special thanks to STAV and JIM HOTTIGREENMOUNTAINGRILLS.COM

Last edited by houston; 02-10-2008 at 10:30 AM.
houston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 12:18 PM   #185
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to skeller Send a message via MSN to skeller Send a message via Yahoo to skeller

Quote:
Originally Posted by houston View Post
i asked a question or two about what the actual sponsorship involved , but got no response ??? apparently it is not a 100% team ??? just a discounted tire deal ??? is that correct ?
thanks ,
monty
I don't think that any company has a 100%......100% team. That would cost WAY too much money. There are different levels of sponsorship...as with most other companies...I guess. All I know about is what concerns me.
skeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 02:03 PM   #186
Tech Prophet

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

TEAM FUSION X ENGINES / TEAM BYRON ORIGINALS / TEAM PROLINE RACING TIRES / TEAM SICK GRAPHICS /TEAM KYOSHO / things I support: COMP HEAT DEALER /TEAM LUNSFORD/ FUSIONX™ USA / TEAM KYOSHO / "H.E.S."™ / BYRON FUELS / RC-OMGUSA/KICWEBDESIGNZ/AKA TIRES/PROLINE RACING TIRES /RAYA RACING/BUKU POWER CLUTCH/M2CRACING/special thanks to STAV and JIM HOTTIGREENMOUNTAINGRILLS.COM

Last edited by houston; 02-13-2008 at 06:50 PM.
houston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 02:27 PM   #187
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

From what I heard, details about the individual deals will be sent to the selected racers in the next couple of days. BTW: Angelo never indicated that all the sponsorship would be 100%.
ehartman_49348 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 02:42 PM   #188
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default unhappy

Charlie you have a pm
Tekin Electronics
jamminjake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 05:58 PM   #189
Tech Elite

Quote:
no 100% team members ??? where are you from , there are many , its called factory sponsored . good drivers even get payed to use products
anyway , back to the thread
sorry guys i had to remove the post.
4th Floor, 3rd Building, KeLunTe Industrial Park, ShangLiLang, BuLan Road, LongGang District, ShenZhen, China

Last edited by COBRARACING; 02-10-2008 at 01:47 PM.
COBRARACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 06:16 PM   #190
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

if we get in on the next round should the drivers that get in not run any other tires/rims/wings? (just asking as sponsorships are diff between companies)
22 SCT 2.0 Exotek Hobbywing 3.1 Stock Spec Fantom
Tekno 410SCT Hobbywing ProSC
mugenlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 06:33 PM   #191
Tech Elite

Location: Fort Worth, Texas, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to DOMIT Send a message via Yahoo to DOMIT

Quote:
Originally Posted by COBRARACING View Post
Don't be upset dude

There will be another round in a few months so dont worry.

The answer to your business practices issue is this .Business practices and customer service dissappears when drivers dont follow the agreement and that also means payment .I will not tolerate bullshit from no one if you are given the oppertunity to run the products at that reduced rate you must follow the agreement fullstop no more said period.......As i dont muck anyone around i expect the same .

I have no problems in naming drivers who dont follow the agreement and terminating them on the spot.

As i am fair to all of you i want the same in return.
Angelo,

I look forward to running the products, and being able to show the guys at the races that "there's a new sherrif in town." The tread patterns and compounds described and pictured make sense to me.

I hope there is a provision for us to be able to hand a set of tires (American spelling... I can say "tyres" if you prefer!) to some of the local guys and say "here, these rock, give them a try!" Obviously we don't want to do too much of that, but getting some of the better drivers to try them (or the track/shop owner who also races in one particular case that I have in mind) would give us the opportunity to get the local shops to carry the products. Your call of course, you're the boss... I haven't seen the rules yet, and of course I'll abide by them 100%. That's just a suggestion.

Quote:
ON A SEPERATE ISSUE

The tyres will not come pre glued-mounted and the reason for this is so we wont have any problems with tyres coming off rims which i know they wont as we are quality 100% but i want to do it this way so everyone has nothing to complain about if they do come lose as they have glued them themselves.

I want to keep everyone happy and i want everyone to have fun but i also want respect the same way i will give you respect .Im the type of person that if you respect me i will give you back 10 times the respect back .Also i must stress that infighting within the team will no be tolerated.i have zero tolerence when it comes to fighting within a team environment.Ive seen it many times before and i have better things to do in my time like bring you better products then mediate problems between drivers.

ok so i wish everyone who was successful this time good luck and happy racing .

with the utmost respect Angelo
This makes sense to me. Glueing tires is an important step, and honestly one I prefer to do myself, by hand. I've had premounts from other companies come loose before... a machine just isn't as good at making sure it is done right as a person. A little "dry spot" in the glue bead is a chance for trouble.

Some of the prep for gluing that we do wouldn't be economically feasible to have a machine do. We scuff the bead area of the rim with sandpaper to give it more grip, and clean it with denatured alcohol. We also use a Dremel with a sanding drum to scuff the bead area of the tire (tyre?) and remove any flashing that would interfere with it seating nice and flat. We then blow the tire off with compressed air, and wipe the bead area down with denatured alcohol. THEN we assemble them, put on tire bands, and start gluing.

Put the band near the edge to be glued... (about one row of knobs over from the sidewall) use your fingertip to "open" the bead and put in a drop of CA. Work it around the bead by spreading slightly to get it to flow all the way into the bead... when it is all flowed out, another drop to continue around the tire... repeat until the bead is glued all the way around. Set it aside to let the glue set, and do one side of the next tire. By the time you are done putting glue on the 4th one, the first one should be set pretty good. Move the band over to the other side and repeat the process.

I have NEVER, not once, had a tire that we glued ourselves even partially come loose. (and I am hard on them!) I recommend this method to anyone who is glueing tires... yes, it is extra work, but the reliability is worth it.

As a side note... I hope the wing is part of the team thing. I'm really looking forward to running that wing... it's the only one I've seen that makes sense aerodynamically. The other wings out there are "styled," not engineered. I've never seen any other wing that used sound aerodymic principles to manage the airflow on the BOTTOM. Nobody thinks about it... and the bottom is AT LEAST twice as important as the top for reducing drag and producing lift (downforce.) I've been so tempted to grind the front "lip" off of an existing wing it isn't even funny... but I know then they would be weak... I can't wait to try this wing!
Unsponsored, but I use/recommend: XRay XB9, Alpha A852, Dynamite 053, Airtronics M11, Hitec 5955TG & 7955TG, ABEC 35 clutch and chassis bearings, PTRCRacing shock and diff fluids, Ready Rollers ceramic engine bearings. ** Team Terribles Region 9 coordinator. ** JOIN TEAM TERRIBLES! All racers welcome! PM me for details.
DOMIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 08:29 PM   #192
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Charlie you got email!
Team Cobra Racing

My Ride:
Mugen Seiki MBX5R
Go Tech .21 5-port
hansarvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 08:42 PM   #193
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Charlie and Angelo thank you very much for the opportunity. Cant wait to showcase the products.
blowpopracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 09:39 PM   #194
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to skeller Send a message via MSN to skeller Send a message via Yahoo to skeller

Quote:
no 100% team members ??? where are you from , there are many , its called factory sponsored . good drivers even get payed to use products
anyway , back to the thread

That's not what I said....read the post...carefully.
skeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 12:54 AM   #195
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeller View Post
That's not what I said....read the post...carefully.
Dear Skeller

The post wasnt meant for you dude I would like to apologise to you in front of everyone here .It was meant for mr houston .

Sorry skeller i hope you except my apology .

i placed it in the wrong quote .

I need to get my head checked im so sorry if i have offended you.

with maximum respect ANgelo
4th Floor, 3rd Building, KeLunTe Industrial Park, ShangLiLang, BuLan Road, LongGang District, ShenZhen, China
COBRARACING is offline   Reply With Quote