R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-10-2009, 04:04 PM   #76
dsl
Tech Regular
 
dsl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: El Paso, TX
Posts: 365
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

The arrow should point to the exhaust.
dsl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 11:55 AM   #77
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: London (england)
Posts: 358
Default

Guys any ideas as to whats happening to me at the moment,

Engine runs great in heats and good in final until the 2nd fuel stop where it cuts

Only started happening recently but after 2nd fuel stop it will cut, maybe a little too lean on top

its a shame as its a cracking motor and its got 3 gallons on it now and still uber compression.

Looking at a toro nero from hk for a £181 delivered
Megacrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 12:47 PM   #78
Tech Elite
 
ezveedub's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Fort Lauderdale, FL
Posts: 2,411
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to ezveedub Send a message via Yahoo to ezveedub
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megacrash View Post
Guys any ideas as to whats happening to me at the moment,

Engine runs great in heats and good in final until the 2nd fuel stop where it cuts

Only started happening recently but after 2nd fuel stop it will cut, maybe a little too lean on top

its a shame as its a cracking motor and its got 3 gallons on it now and still uber compression.

Looking at a toro nero from hk for a £181 delivered
Did you change the rear bearing? The rear use get loose at 2 gals, but not sure if that was taken of already, but since you have 3 gallons, check the crank to see if its loose.
__________________
Kyosho, Mugen Seiki, Maxy's Fuel, KO Propo
O.S., Ninja JX, Novarossi, RMV
ezveedub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 01:50 PM   #79
Tech Initiate
 
T0MM0's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 38
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megacrash View Post
Guys any ideas as to whats happening to me at the moment,

Engine runs great in heats and good in final until the 2nd fuel stop where it cuts

Only started happening recently but after 2nd fuel stop it will cut, maybe a little too lean on top

its a shame as its a cracking motor and its got 3 gallons on it now and still uber compression.

Looking at a toro nero from hk for a £181 delivered
Mine let go last week at Novarossi raceway Brian ... it split the rod right down the middle and took the liner with it ... mine was cutting a wee bit near the end and it had 4 gal on it.

I have had my eyes on one of those toro's as well fellla lol .... plus 4 is all you need mate.

Tom
__________________
Team Losi 2.0T
Novarossi Plus 4
Futaba Fasst

RC is 90% maintence and 10% fun
T0MM0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 02:00 PM   #80
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: London (england)
Posts: 358
Default

Ahhhh

okies i have a new rod so ill stick that in, and while im in there have a look at the bearings,

also plus 4 is outta stock in hk as is the 367

so it may have to be the toro nero with a 6.5mm restrictor
Megacrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 02:05 PM   #81
Tech Elite
 
ezveedub's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Fort Lauderdale, FL
Posts: 2,411
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to ezveedub Send a message via Yahoo to ezveedub
Default

I do have a 367 for sale if any is interested. Its in the for sale threads. Has new bearings and p/s/r set. Still needs further breaking in.
__________________
Kyosho, Mugen Seiki, Maxy's Fuel, KO Propo
O.S., Ninja JX, Novarossi, RMV
ezveedub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 01:08 AM   #82
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 413
Default

hi there

i dont know if to buy the toro nero or the plus 4 for my 2.0T

last time i run the ninja jx an my go 7 port and was happy with them but i like to try nova again :-(

so i don´t knwo if the plus 4 have to less power for the 2.0t
mihaelbencek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 10:52 AM   #83
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Orange County, CA
Posts: 262
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default

Does anybody know where I can download the manual for the 367? Also what plug people are using here in Socal?

Thanks,

Jody J.
JodyJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 11:12 AM   #84
Tech Prophet
 
houston's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: portland OR
Posts: 15,089
Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JodyJ View Post
Does anybody know where I can download the manual for the 367? Also what plug people are using here in Socal?

Thanks,

Jody J.
big track and in a buggy the engine works ok . standard odo100 or odo77 , turbo odo97 or odo77
__________________
TEAM FUSION X ENGINES / TEAM BYRON ORIGINALS / TEAM PROLINE RACING TIRES / TEAM SICK GRAPHICS /TEAM KYOSHO / things I support: COMP HEAT DEALER /TEAM LUNSFORD/ FUSIONX™ USA / TEAM KYOSHO / "H.E.S."™ / BYRON FUELS / RC-OMGUSA/KICWEBDESIGNZ/AKA TIRES/PROLINE RACING TIRES /RAYA RACING/BUKU POWER CLUTCH/M2CRACING/special thanks to STAV and JIM HOTTIGREENMOUNTAINGRILLS.COM
houston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 11:18 AM   #85
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Orange County, CA
Posts: 262
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default

Thanks. I was running the 367 in the RC8b at Revelations. Went through 1 1/2 bottles with no problems. Filled up and now the car will die after I pull the glow ignitor out.

Pulled the plug and it looks good, checked the pinch and seems to be non-existent, but it has a lot of compression with the plug in. Temp was in the 230-240 range using the exergen gun. Last tank temped at 287 that's when i shut it down let it cool and will not stay lit after that.
JodyJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 11:19 AM   #86
Tech Prophet
 
houston's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: portland OR
Posts: 15,089
Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JodyJ View Post
Thanks. I was running the 367 in the RC8b at Revelations. Went through 1 1/2 bottles with no problems. Filled up and now the car will die after I pull the glow ignitor out.

Pulled the plug and it looks good, checked the pinch and seems to be non-existent, but it has a lot of compression with the plug in. Temp was in the 230-240 range using the exergen gun. Last tank temped at 287 that's when i shut it down let it cool and will not stay lit after that.
try odo100
__________________
TEAM FUSION X ENGINES / TEAM BYRON ORIGINALS / TEAM PROLINE RACING TIRES / TEAM SICK GRAPHICS /TEAM KYOSHO / things I support: COMP HEAT DEALER /TEAM LUNSFORD/ FUSIONX™ USA / TEAM KYOSHO / "H.E.S."™ / BYRON FUELS / RC-OMGUSA/KICWEBDESIGNZ/AKA TIRES/PROLINE RACING TIRES /RAYA RACING/BUKU POWER CLUTCH/M2CRACING/special thanks to STAV and JIM HOTTIGREENMOUNTAINGRILLS.COM
houston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 11:25 AM   #87
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Orange County, CA
Posts: 262
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default

Thanks!
JodyJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 04:04 PM   #88
Tech Elite
 
merdith6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Brazoria, TX
Posts: 2,350
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Cranky engine.

I had a 367, but it was tough to get right. It worked great for a few weeks then it was flameout city, then it would be great, then flame out city. I put my nova n21bf back in and won two races in a row. I've tuned tons of engines over theyears, but the 367 is irritating. Blazing on the straight, but it makes me crazy. Crazy is bad um K. I'm getting a P5 again. It always runs...great. I would be leary of the toro too it's the same case, and port I think. Don't get me wrong i love novarossi engines, it's just that one engine the 367. the prettiest engine, but the ugliest too. the compression went a little early too. HMMMMM......I found the old p5 on ebay yesssssss. 10 gallons.....
merdith6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 07:40 PM   #89
Tech Elite
 
ezveedub's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Fort Lauderdale, FL
Posts: 2,411
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to ezveedub Send a message via Yahoo to ezveedub
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by merdith6 View Post
I had a 367, but it was tough to get right. It worked great for a few weeks then it was flameout city, then it would be great, then flame out city. I put my nova n21bf back in and won two races in a row. I've tuned tons of engines over theyears, but the 367 is irritating. Blazing on the straight, but it makes me crazy. Crazy is bad um K. I'm getting a P5 again. It always runs...great. I would be leary of the toro too it's the same case, and port I think. Don't get me wrong i love novarossi engines, it's just that one engine the 367. the prettiest engine, but the ugliest too. the compression went a little early too. HMMMMM......I found the old p5 on ebay yesssssss. 10 gallons.....
I have a 367 with 2+ gallons now and it still has metal pinch. And its not been babied either. I'm not sure how people are getting them to loose pinch so early.
__________________
Kyosho, Mugen Seiki, Maxy's Fuel, KO Propo
O.S., Ninja JX, Novarossi, RMV
ezveedub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 07:42 PM   #90
Tech Prophet
 
houston's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: portland OR
Posts: 15,089
Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezveedub View Post
I have a 367 with 2+ gallons now and it still has metal pinch. And its not been babied either. I'm not sure how people are getting them to loose pinch so early.
improper break in

easy to over rev during run in with these types of engines
__________________
TEAM FUSION X ENGINES / TEAM BYRON ORIGINALS / TEAM PROLINE RACING TIRES / TEAM SICK GRAPHICS /TEAM KYOSHO / things I support: COMP HEAT DEALER /TEAM LUNSFORD/ FUSIONX™ USA / TEAM KYOSHO / "H.E.S."™ / BYRON FUELS / RC-OMGUSA/KICWEBDESIGNZ/AKA TIRES/PROLINE RACING TIRES /RAYA RACING/BUKU POWER CLUTCH/M2CRACING/special thanks to STAV and JIM HOTTIGREENMOUNTAINGRILLS.COM
houston is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
NOVAROSSI rx21r1wc "Kangaroo" Engine (1/8 Onroad) $225 or Trade for truggy engine! BIGTACO R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 15 08-30-2007 09:21 AM
NovaRossi Plus 21-5 Engine (used) drew840 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 9 01-02-2007 03:35 AM
Novarossi TOP engine TRAJ R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 5 02-25-2005 03:14 AM
Tc3 With Novarossi .12 engine smpslide R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 0 08-14-2004 01:47 PM
Novarossi SX-12 .12 Engine $75 Tag R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 3 02-23-2004 07:57 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 05:53 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net