Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MT2 G3.0 RTR vs MT2 18ss+ Kit

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2008, 04:55 PM
Tech Rookie

Questions?? MT2 G3.0 RTR vs MT2 18ss+ Kit

I'm looking at the MT2 G3.0 RTR and the 18SS+ Kit, and I'm wondering what are the major differences, advantages of one over the other and disadvantages.

Things I know:

1. all the upgrades from the ss+ to the 3.0 (aluminum tuned pipe to get extra snort out of the screaming 18SS engine, new machined steel differential gears for extra toughness, sticky S-Compound Ground Assault tires for maximum traction, tough black Scorch wheels for a stealth look, a new free-breathing two stage air filter)

2. The kit might(?) be fun to build.
3. the Kit doesn't come with servos or transmitter/receiver.
4. they are about the same price. (except for the price of servos, and transmitter for the kit)

so, are there some crucial things that are better about the kit than with the RTR? if there isn't that much of a difference, I'd just get the RTR and not deal with building it.

also, is it easy to find aluminum upgrades for the MT2? i tried to find some online, but i guess i'm looking in the right places. I own a T-maxx .15 and am looking for a newer, more sporty truck. i was also looking at the losi XXX-NT and the jato, but i think i like the MT2 the best. let me know what you think, any info/input would be helpful, even if it's " i hate my jato" or "the XXX-NT rocks" but something a little more than that would be nice.

Thanks again.
Old 02-04-2008, 09:17 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

They're about the same. Both have the .18 size engine, alum pipe, 2 stage air filter. The difference is in the drive train. Basically, if you want to build your truck, get the SS. If you want it assembled, get the RTR. There are lots of alum upgrades for the MT2. Search for hpi mt2 on ebay.