R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 01-14-2008, 11:47 AM   #1
Tech Addict

Send a message via MSN to griz11
Default I'm back -- More Video from TnT in Austin

A company in Ft Worth Tx Expert Mobility donated an electric all terrain scooter to me to use for filming. I was pretty stoked as those things run 3K and up even used. This one is used but in very good condition. Even has little shocks and springs on each wheel. Its a 4x4 so its very stable as well. I talked to my Dr on Friday and she agreed I could film a little on Sunday provided I go by some guidelines she set up. No long shoots 2-3 minutes at a time then rest basically. And to quit for the day when I started feeling tired. So I didn't get any full races and all the footage is short segments. But it came out pretty good. A few times I got cars out of frame that I usually would keep in frame but its only been a couple of weeks since the heart surgery so I felt pretty good about the whole thing. Felt good to be shooting again. A couple of positions I found out about that hurt. I have one rib that is really sore from the spreader. Could even be cracked as they do that frequently. Kinda feels like its broken or badly bruised. Anyways other than those little jabs from time to time everything went smooth. Shot 40 minutes of film. I thought I'd be able to do more but I did get tired fairly quickly. Came home and laid down for a bit and didn't wake back up until 4am this morning Nothing to do at 4am except edit so I cranked one out.

Embedded
www.promofo-racing.org/TnT-113.html

Download
http://www.promofo-racing.org/video/...T-113-Full.wmv

I should be able to squeeze another one or two out of the footage I shot. But the next couple of days I'll be getting my motorcycle ready to put up for sale. I want a Canon XL-2 bad

Griz
Canon 7D EF400 EF70-200 EF40 Tamron SP70-300
griz11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 11:53 AM   #2
Suspended

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Nay0k

Nice to see you're back on your feet (sort of) griz. I always enjoy watching your vids
Nay0k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 12:45 PM   #3
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

sweet vid.
yeah, the XL2 is sweet... i wanted one cause they just look awesome. i love the design.

im shooting with the FX1

Sponsors:
GO TECH ENGINES (Factory Team) | VP Pro (Factory Team) | EB MODS (Factory Team) | RICHES BREW FUEL | COMPETITION PRODUCTS
TMizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 01:02 PM   #4
Tech Addict

Default Yea the XL2 rocks

The XL-2 is impressive from any angle. Thats the one I'm shooting for. If I have to drop back a bit I'm going to go with the GL-2. But I think the XL-2 will be in my kit soon. I only shoot in 16:9 so the XL-2's native 16:9 progressive chips are just what I need. I thought about going HD but my software won't work with some of the new HD formats and it seems to me that stuff is pretty highly compressed no matter what format you use to get it into the PC. Can't afford to buy a new pc so I think SD is the way to go for me. The varizoom stabilizer I bought is made for the XL and GL cameras. I'm looking forward to shooting lots of video this year. In a couple of months I'll be all healed up from the surgery and I'll have lots more energy. Last year I was always having to rest up or take it easy so I wouldn't get angina. Now I have my heart all fixed up that is a thing of the past. Everything works better when your heart is happy. My mind is sharper and everything. My heart had slowed down so it didn't need as much oxygen. Less oxygen to the brain slows you up. It was a scary thing to have done but I'm glad I went through with it. I still feel like I've been backed over by a large truck but its getting better a little bit each day as well. I've been thinking about selling my bike for at least 6 months but never had the energy to get it all cleaned up and some pictures took so I could put it up for sale. Even with the sore chest I got all that done in one day. Its pretty amazing how much more you can do. Still hav e to take it easy until the end of the month when they will x-ray my chest and make sure everything is knit together properly. But I'm going to try and get out and shoot a little every other week until I get the ok to go for it.

Griz
Old 01-14-2008, 03:15 PM   #5
Tech Regular

Awesum Job, Griz
your videos are top notch!

MSP33
Calvin
MetalShield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 03:56 PM   #6
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to petevette

Welcome back Griz - we missed you. Your quite the trooper. Two weeks out of heart surgery and your back at filming. Tough as nails! Glad to hear that your up and filming again. I hope you get as much pleasure creating these videos as we get from watching them. This one is no less stellar then your others one. Thanks for the treat, but make sure you get plenty of rest and don't over do it.
petevette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 04:15 PM   #7
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (95%+)

Griz, you truly are a survivor. Hats off man. GOOD WORK!
slaytanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 04:17 PM   #8
Tech Addict

Default I'm being real careful

Don't worry I'm not doing anything without talking to the Dr first. They want me to get back to my regular routine as soon as possible. The thing with the camera is that your arms are partially raised. That puts a strain on the sternum. So limiting it to 2-3 minutes at a time and no more than an hour in total was way on the conservative side. I'm not really in a hurry but I don't want to get to a point and let off. Its easy to blow off the exercise and then its the diet changes and then the worst of all you go back to smoking. No way I want to go back down that route and the best way for me to stay on the straight and narrow is to keep my mind occupied. I'm working with the insulin getting my blood sugar in tight control. I've been under 150 for almost a week now. Nice and tight. I hate the pills because you can't calculate and adjust everything. Don't mind the needles myself. The new pens they have are almost painless. The needles are so small you hardly feel them. Dial up the amount with the knob on the end and press. Its all automatic. You can take them anywhere. I use two kinds one is a long acting and the other is short acting. One shot of the long acting and one shot after every meal with the short acting. Once I loose a few pounds I'll be able to cut that way back or quit using it altogether. I had it under control for several years and then put on a few too many pounds and it was back. I'm working hard on getting all my numbers right so those grafts will have the best chance of lasting a long time. The scooter really takes the bad legs out of the equation. All I need to do is sell that motorcycle and buy the Canon XL-2 and I'll be on cloud 10.5 at least

Griz
Old 01-14-2008, 04:31 PM   #9
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Nice vid! I enjoyed it
ScruB.x3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 02:33 AM   #10

Trader Rating: 127 (100%+)

Here's wishing you a fast and full recovery. What kind of motorcycle?
Past: Kyosho Raider, Traxxas GTP, Kyosho Optima, Jato 3.3, Tmaxx 2.5, Revo 2.5, Revo 3.3, TC4, MBX5t, Hyper 7, Emaxx, Vorza, Inferno VE, XXXT, Hyper Sprint, SC8e, Erevo, Rustler VXL, RC18b, Baja 5b, Parrot AR Drone, Mini ERevo VXL, HB D8Te, D8, Slash 2wd, Slash 4wd, HB Ve8,Blade 350QX, Alien Quad 450, DJI F450, DJI F550, Losi 8 3.0, DJI Phantom 3 Advanced, Traxxas Summit
badaml is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 03:52 AM   #11
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to GenReaper

Good Video Griz and glad your back on the road to recovery.
HPI Baja 5B SS
My videos : http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=genreaper
GenReaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 05:25 AM   #12
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Griz!

Great to see you posting up some videos on here again. It means that you survived the ordeal of surgery, yet again. Wow...

I sincerely hope you have the fastest recovery those doctors have ever seen!

Can't believe you are already shooting some vids! Awesome!

Take care...

Last edited by rabidsquirrel; 01-19-2008 at 03:14 AM.
rabidsquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 05:56 AM   #13
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 90 (98%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by griz11 View Post
All I need to do is sell that motorcycle and buy the Canon XL-2 and I'll be on cloud 10.5 at least
Hellz yeah man!
Glad to hear your doing well. You better not die on us, you make the sickest RC vids around.

so when's the new ride (scooter) going brushless??
salteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 06:09 AM   #14
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hey griz, I am a diabetic myself, you should check into an insulin pump.. really helped me get very tight control (when I do what I am supposed to)..

here's to a quick recovery!
Answer RC USA
Fastlane Graphix
free2day77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 08:27 AM   #15
Tech Addict

Default Yea they talked to me about that

Thats the next step if I can't get a handle on it. I hear they work pretty good. If I can loose some weight back down to 165 or so mine will go away. The lantus has finally started doing its thing. The past couple of days I only had to use the fast acting stuff at dinner time. The lantus was controlling it the rest of the day by itself. If I sit around here all day and don't do my walking and all that my sugar will be high no matter how much insulin I take. Walk around the block and it drops like a rock. Insulin resistance is a weird thing. Its so frustrating because it doesn't follow the rules. You think you have it figured out and it doesn't something different. I'd rather spend my time doing other things but this time I need to get a handle on this so those grafts will have a chance to stay clear.

Won't take long to sell my motorcycle and get a killer camera. By the time I'm fully healed up I should have that puppy and it will be time for all the 1:1 stuff to start up as well as the R/C series races. I have a couple of graphics effects programs I bought that I need to figure out as well so I have lots to do while I'm healing up.

One thing for sure this year is off to a great start. Stopping smoking and getting healthy can't hurt. Its been almost a month since I smoked a cigarette. I hardly even think about them now. Except to be mad that I ever started smoking them. What a waste of money and health. I couldn't be happier myself. All this worked out great. I feel so good compared to a month ago its unreal. I'm anxious to get back to full speed but I'll take it easy like I'm supposed too. Its worked great so far. Well its time to go for a walk. Maybe when I finish up I'll do a little more editing.

Griz