R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 01-17-2008, 11:14 AM   #31
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

Thank you gentleman for the kind words. I just wanted to throw out there that I am doing a preseason special on all motors for $50. You will receive the $80 full race port work for $50 on any engine you send in. Just make sure its fairly new and doesn't have 4-5 gallons already on it. I prefer new or next to new just so we both know it has alot of life left in it. I hate putting my name on worn out abused motors and in fact I have refused work several times because of it. I only give you guys the best I can so I would hope you send me the motor in the best shape you can. Take it easy gentleman!!
PowerHouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 12:43 PM   #32
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Well here is a few pics of a Jammin JPX 21 sleeve I just did....... 100% os this workis done by hand using the files in the pictures........ Of course the rough surface is deliberate, i sometimes will polish a sleeve for pictures. but i am lazy today.... so i will just leave it with a brushed finish

Maximo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 01:00 PM   #33
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

so, what would happen if i cut a small amount of the sleeve out, so that part of the intake is higher than the exhaust to make use of forced induction? then the exhaust port would be closed, and there would be nowhere for the pressure to go, resulting in a supercharged engine that works?

i have a kyosho GX-12 that i bought as a spare but doesn't fit my firestorm, and i would be interested in running it on a bench to try it out...
Old 01-18-2008, 01:46 PM   #34
Tech Master

Nice stuff Maximo ! Thats hard to do with a jewelers file !

heres a couple of pics of my work , i know i have polished them up for the pics but i have a different theory on the size of the grain needed to help fuel flow and reducing windage ...
Attached Thumbnails
Questions on modding motors.....???-img_1249.jpg   Questions on modding motors.....???-uug_1138.jpg  
Engine development manager Rifling Pty Ltd. Nitro fuel designer : Neo + World record title holder 2012 Austalian Nationals 147.6 KPH , 1 st 2 nd and TQ Australian National Buggy titles 2012. Victorian State title 2012 Neo + , South Australian state title ON and Off Road 1/8 2012 Neo + :-) QLD State Titles 2012 1st buggy & trruggy + TQ Neo + MG66 RX7 1st Sportsman Class Truggy QLD State Titles 2012 !! Nitro Addicts Australia . com
MassiveMods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 01:46 PM   #35
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Integra

Now thats what im talkin about max.....its been a while since uve let pics go of ur work.......too bad they have no way to know the real #'s
TNS Driver - Radio Post - Blue Groove Apparel - Team Panther - Hitec - Losi - W.E.D. Paint - Clockwork Fuel - Competition Heat - SUMO Racing - Tekin - Team Terribles - M2C Racing - Matrix Concepts - Kal Gard - BuKu Power - DE Racing -
Integra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 03:46 PM   #36
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Integra View Post
Now thats what im talkin about max.....its been a while since uve let pics go of ur work.......too bad they have no way to know the real #'s

Thanks for compliment !..... I hope Budz can hang onto this mill. I think its going to be a real handfull in a Buggy even for an expert driver... I told him this mill will be better suited to a truggy, as these Picco's got such a crazy bottom end on em...But in a buggy she's going LOL !
Maximo is offline   Reply With Quote