Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Got a few questions about motor mounts and backplates. >

Got a few questions about motor mounts and backplates.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Got a few questions about motor mounts and backplates.

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2008, 01:17 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by tallyram
all of the race .21's use the best materials and the tolerances are much tighter. you end up with great power with a nice smooth powerband from an engine that should last for many gallons, if taken care of "properly". you also pay for the brand as well, lol!
so would a novarossi p5x or OS Speed VZ-B V-Spec Off-Road Racing Buggy Engine stay close to my .28 LRP or what? would they completely destroy it?
Old 01-19-2008, 01:43 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

i think some of the top .21's would keep up just fine, yes.. ive never seen the LRP in action, but usually any sport .28 is about the same or LESS powerful than the .21's... the .21's usually have a more refine powerband..

If i were you, i would look into the go tech motors, i have the .21 5 port and i really like it so far, excellent buy!! they also have a .21 3port sport model for really cheap, just get a dynamite 086 pipe and maybe change the head button from a standard glowplug type to turbo plug type for like an extra $15 and you have one hell of a motor for around $140
Old 01-19-2008, 03:56 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by dgraham225
i think some of the top .21's would keep up just fine, yes.. ive never seen the LRP in action, but usually any sport .28 is about the same or LESS powerful than the .21's... the .21's usually have a more refine powerband..

If i were you, i would look into the go tech motors, i have the .21 5 port and i really like it so far, excellent buy!! they also have a .21 3port sport model for really cheap, just get a dynamite 086 pipe and maybe change the head button from a standard glowplug type to turbo plug type for like an extra $15 and you have one hell of a motor for around $140
i think im going to maybe get one of those go tech 5 port .21s when i get working and get some money, i have a 2nd himoto buggy and im thinking of rebuilding it and just having a 2nd shittier car around for a friend or something. as for my LRP/mugen setup, would the Jammin p4 pipe be one of the better choices for it? i remember reading a while back someone said its a awesome combo.

what exactly is the difference in glow plug temps? whats the diff between cold and ultra hot? when you say "change the head button" is that just the glowplug or the whole top piece with the 4 holes in it?

i usually run in very cold conditions, very windy, just bashing around, rarely drive it for more then 2 tanks at a time, then 24 or so hour breaks in between. and i use sportwerks 20% fuel (i think...)

as for the .28, i started it and man does it ever scream, ill get vids up tonight of just me revving it, no driving for another 10 days or so . i think it would keep up with .21s but then again.. i know absolutely nothing about this sport/hobby.

another question that pondered my mind earlier today... what would happen if you just kept an engine at WOT for 1 min? how about 2 min? 5 min? 10 min? 1 hr? 1 day? etc... assuming you had unlimited fuel.
Old 01-20-2008, 09:44 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Cool thanks for info guys im having motor mount problems to
Old 01-20-2008, 10:04 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

check this link out for some good reading on picking the right plug..
http://www.rbproducts.com/mainEn.php...ght%20glowplug

the glow plug temps change with alot of variables... outside temperature has a big effect. the colder it is outside, the hotter the plug..the hotter outside, the colder the plug required. Im in louisiana with temps usually b/w 70-90 degrees, and i run medium hots to hots year round just because a motor keeps its tune easier with a hotter glow plug. as long as its not a constant85+ degrees, i wouldnt think you would have to worry too much, just run the hot plugs.

glow plug temp ranges need to be changed for fuel types also. 20% nitro, you need a hotter plug than 30% nitro. but if your running 20% all of the time (which is easier on a motor anyway), than i would go with a HOT plug.

and as for running a motor WOT for an extended time, its not good for anything, lol! at the very least, its just premature wear and tear. that is if it doesnt overheat! so thats not reccomended, lol! running the motor , driving it around is one thing, but staying WOT for extended periods of time isnt good for any motor at all, especially one turning 30K+ RPMs like these do, LOL!
Old 01-20-2008, 06:31 PM
Tech Regular

heres a vid of my car being revved a little, ill post more later when i get it up and running.

i ordered a few hot glow plugs, it said they were for .21 engines so im hoping they fit in mine.. heres the 2 i bought:

http://www.carolinasrc.com/webstore/...idproduct=1476
http://www.carolinasrc.com/webstore/...?idproduct=371

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=emRxBjsOv6c