R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 01-10-2008, 05:16 PM   #31
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

After running my motors, I always spin the flywheel to get motor to BDC, If left near TDC, as motor cools and contracts it will sometimes lock up. Like advised before, heat it up real good before starting it again, I wrap the head in foil while breaking in, it helps keep heat in, running a motor too cool isn't good for it.
If you're running it rich to help lubricate it during breakin, chances are the motor will never get up to a good operating temp, putting a lot of stress on piston and connecting rod, foil will keep heat in, I've even seen some people wrap a sock over foil to further keep heat in. Hope you get it fired back up.
pooldoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 01:36 PM   #32
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 52 (98%+)

Call LOSI, have your receipt ready and tell them you want a new engine or send the whole thing back to them.

They should cover it under warranty. It maybe just a defective engine. (The RTR engines are not of the highest qlty sometimes you get a bad one)
Old 01-11-2008, 02:09 PM   #33
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

You could try to take it apart, clean it and rebuild it with a thin coat of after run oil. go to Walmart and pick up some Marvel Mistery Oil. It's good after run oil. its about $5 a quart in a red bottle.
bionictony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 09:30 AM   #34
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bionictony View Post
You could try to take it apart, clean it and rebuild it with a thin coat of after run oil. go to Walmart and pick up some Marvel Mistery Oil. It's good after run oil. its about $5 a quart in a red bottle.
I took it all apart, and reassembled with after run oil. Once i got plenty of oil on it, i could take it to TDC, and i could feel pressure build up, but it wasn't forcing it.

Put all settings back to stock and tried to start it but no luck. Gona try heating it up before i try to start it again and see what happens.

Thanks for all the help guys
Pro-Line Pro-2 (dirt oval modified)
Custom Works Intimidator G6
z28mccrory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 05:08 PM   #35
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

I have that same truck it is the first nitro I started with it is now 3 years old on the same engine and rips it will beat a jato 2.5 across the grass but my friend bought one and it did the samething and he took it back to the hobbyshop and asked them to call losi and they gave him a new truck on the spot and the LHS just sent the old one back. when you tried it again did it not start or not roll over?
hard4nitro is offline   Reply With Quote