Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

+1 dpowers
Old 01-05-2008, 09:03 PM   #17
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bounce View Post
I'd probably stay away from OCM like there is no tomorrow. The last that time that I saw one it was junk. That was this summer, so maybe they have changed some of there manufacturing problems, but if you are looking for bang for your buck look at the Caster Cars. Try this link
www.teamcasterracing.com. I run a factory car and it is great. Very stable and fast. Good Luck!
yes we did have a couple problems upon release. These have long since been corrected and I think if you read up you will see very good reviews, good support, and a solid product/price. I stay out of these debates purposely because it just gets silly

This comment just made is a poor example of trying to help someone. Why not tell him why you feel the caster would be a good choice for him. Tell it's strengths AND weaknesses, price, what big time online stores carry it, parts avail, etc....

It just looks bad to flame another car and then say "car x" is the best.
ABURTON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 09:10 PM   #18
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

+1 Alan.

I run an OCM car and it not only handles great, it is one of the most durable cars i have ever driven. 2 1/2 to 3 gallons and not one broken part yet.
nik77356 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 09:14 PM   #19
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

gaerek...If you would like some information on our product please email me direct at teamocmracingusa@gmail.com. I will answer any questions you may have in regards to our product. I am also very familiar with mugen as I raced for them from 03-06. This thread honestly won't help you much. If I cant help you I can send you to someone who can.

If you would like to check out the OCM line go to www.amainhobbies.com, he has been selling them very well and has great reviews from customers on his site. In honesty...if a shop like amain carries the line for any length of time it has to be decent. We have delt with Amain since our release in the USA.

Depending on your price range.....

look at OCM, HYPER series, CEN for great bang for your buck!

You also have Mugen, Losi, Kyosho, Jammin, xray etc. all of the listed are great lines. Some may be a little out of some racers price range but all in all what I have listed is good product and more than competitive.

I also have Cameron Martins email address for Caster in the USA. He will most likely be much more helpful than the above post. I'll actually try to tell him about the thread.

Thanks

Alan Burton
Team OCM USA
205 601 5578
teamocmracingusa@gmail.com
ABURTON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 09:23 PM   #20
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Jason Halvorson Send a message via MSN to Jason Halvorson

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik77356 View Post
+1 Alan.

I run an OCM car and it not only handles great, it is one of the most durable cars i have ever driven. 2 1/2 to 3 gallons and not one broken part yet.
+2 i took the leap to OCM cause of all the great things i heard about the car, the team and Alan...

TEAM OCM USA
TEAM GO TECH
TEAM PRO TWISTER MODS
TEAM VP PRO TIRES

OCM RACING DT-19 EVO, GO TECH ENGINES PTM'ED

OCM RACING DT-19T PRO, GO TECH ENGINES PTM'ED
Jason Halvorson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 09:38 PM   #21
Tech Master

Send a message via ICQ to RACING MASON

That was a slug fest..........
Or you can do what i did and and look at a couple of these threads then go to each web site and also got to a local track. Also can you get parts fast?
I chose my truggy cuse of all the help i got before i ever purchesed it, and i could get parts quick..........
Good luck with your choice...........
Revo
CEN Matrix TR FRE
RACING MASON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 09:44 PM   #22
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Here is a thought from someone who is not sponsored or is not pushing anything. buy a Mugen - Jammin - Losi -Kyosho Truggy. Parts are more readily available and are good right out of the box. I had a Cen and I can tell you first hand to be competitive you need to buy alot and it is still not comparable to any listed above . Anyone wants to argue what is fast come to the Famous Nitro Pit here in phoenix and see what 99 racers out of 100 race every month it is the trucks listed above. Unless Maifield or Jake Thayer race there Thunder Tiger truggy's but that is another story in itself.
diamondracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 09:54 PM   #23
Tech Master

Send a message via ICQ to RACING MASON

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondracing View Post
Here is a thought from someone who is not sponsored or is not pushing anything. buy a Mugen - Jammin - Losi -Kyosho Truggy. Parts are more readily available and are good right out of the box. I had a Cen and I can tell you first hand to be competitive you need to buy alot and it is still not comparable to any listed above . Anyone wants to argue what is fast come to the Famous Nitro Pit here in phoenix and see what 99 racers out of 100 race every month it is the trucks listed above. Unless Maifield or Jake Thayer race there Thunder Tiger truggy's but that is another story in itself.
I have raced at the pit and yes most of those guys race named brand truggy and cars. But i have also seen a couple of the names you droped run a lower budget truck and still out run anybody with a top 3 MFG truck.
Revo
CEN Matrix TR FRE
RACING MASON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 10:04 PM   #24
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quote:
i disagree with part of your post...
99% of the drivers can have a losi for ex that doesnt mean its the top truck cause a good driver can go out there with a different truck and lay it down its 70% driver you can give ryan any truck on the market and most likley will finsh top 5 with it
Old 01-05-2008, 10:33 PM   #25
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to Jason Halvorson Send a message via MSN to Jason Halvorson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert.Hull View Post
i disagree with part of your post...
99% of the drivers can have a losi for ex that doesnt mean its the top truck cause a good driver can go out there with a different truck and lay it down its 70% driver you can give ryan any truck on the market and most likley will finsh top 5 with it
+1

TEAM OCM USA
TEAM GO TECH
TEAM PRO TWISTER MODS
TEAM VP PRO TIRES

Old 01-05-2008, 10:33 PM   #26
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

of course your going disagree with my post you drive a CEN that probably has KMw and bce and everything else that isnt a CEN. To tell someone who wants to race again after 10 years to get a CEN truggy is just not a good choice compared to others which are fast out the box and yes maifield could drive donkey and still win that was not my point. By the way Robert Hull race a matrix without updating the diffs - use the stock shocks - use the factory braces - and the factory chassis and you will finish in the Q main .
I had high hopes for CEN they just needed to many tweaks and the outcome wasnt that dramatic. Also the Team Support is lackluster compared to others.
diamondracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 10:35 PM   #27
Tech Elite

Quote:
lol i have owned the jammin, mugen, losi and i just left mugen to go to OCM...

TEAM OCM USA
TEAM GO TECH
TEAM PRO TWISTER MODS
TEAM VP PRO TIRES

Old 01-05-2008, 10:37 PM   #28
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

i bet OCM is glad to have ya!!
nik77356 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 10:39 PM   #29
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik77356 View Post
i bet OCM is glad to have ya!!
thanks buddy im glad to be on the team...i was very happy when i got the offer from Alan!!!

TEAM OCM USA
TEAM GO TECH
TEAM PRO TWISTER MODS
TEAM VP PRO TIRES

Old 01-05-2008, 11:10 PM   #30
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Halvorson View Post
thanks buddy im glad to be on the team...i was very happy when i got the offer from Alan!!!
nice to have you aboard Jason.
DPowers is offline   Reply With Quote