Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Need help deciding!

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2008, 11:22 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Need help deciding!

I'm looking at getting a 1/8 truggy and the Kyosho and Losi look pretty sweet. Just want'ed to get some outside input.
Old 01-03-2008, 08:25 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I would also consider the Xray.But I have seen both the Kyosho and the Losi and the Kyosho seemed to accelerate out of the corners better than the Losi did.The Kyosho also looks like it corrected itself better that the Losi.Hope this helps.
Old 01-03-2008, 08:47 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I've watched experienced racers have trouble keeping a Losi in one piece. I'd suggest the Kyosho simply for durability. The Kyosho trucks look very good on the track, too.
Old 01-03-2008, 09:21 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Be sure to check out the Hyper 8.5 Pro, Mugen MBX5R (The six will be out some time this year), XRay, Jammin', OCM/Nanda (Radical?), VTX, Sportwerks, etc...

You got a lot of reading to do! Use the search functionality and read through similar previous posts on this and other forums.

This question has been asked a million times before!

Good Luck with whatever you choose!
Old 01-03-2008, 09:57 AM
Tech Master

There are so many out there that i would not limit yourself to just those two. Consider how easy it is to get parts, what does everyone else run were you can ask for advice. What you are going to do with it (race-bash) Spend sometime on each MFG website learning about each...........
Old 01-03-2008, 01:22 PM
Tech Regular

This will always happen when you narrow it down to two and include a Losi, especially on rc tech.
I have been racing 1/8 Losi vehicles for over a year now and personally have had no breakage or wear issues, no more than any other brand. I am a big losi supporter....but in saying that there are so many excellent brands out there, Mugen and X-Ray would be my next choice, then Kyosho, Ho-Bao. They are all well made and take the punishement we give to then (within reason). But if you get a brand and your LHS doesn't stock parts then you will be screaming for parts, so just keep that in mind and you can't really go wrong with any of them.
Old 01-03-2008, 03:04 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

All Trucks have there weak spots. If you hit the wall hard enough they will break. The real secret to haveing a durable truck is to take it slow at first and speed will come narual. Go with the truck that you think is nice and you can get parts for.
Old 01-03-2008, 03:08 PM
Tech Adept

If you can get LHS support for the Kyosho, go for it. Kyosho comes at a HIGH price although they are worth the money.

At this point and time, i'd recommend the Losi though.
Old 01-03-2008, 03:20 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

My #1 suggestion would be the Caster buggy. Its as solid as a rock and very affordable. If not the CASTER, I would suggest the Losi if you are a smooth driver, no durability issues there. If you are not a smooth driver I would rccommend the Kyosho, it is a little more forgiving to someone that is not to smooth with the (throttle)
Old 01-03-2008, 06:13 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Thanks for the input

I'll take all of this into consideration. I've been trying to read all that I can so I can make a good choice. I'm still going to do more reading but just wanted some out side opinions. I'm new to this site and thanks for the input.
Old 01-03-2008, 06:39 PM

Between Kysoho and Losi I would say Kyosho all the way! Kyosho makes a sweet buggy that you cannot go wrong with, if I were to recomend anything else to you it would be Xray then Mugen. But the Kyosho cars are great and you cannot go wrong with one.
Old 01-03-2008, 06:44 PM
Tech Adept

where are the kyosho dealers these days? i could order from their site for parts, but it'll cost me an arm and a few legs to get it.
Old 01-03-2008, 07:09 PM

a-main hobbies
B main hobbies
carolinas rc
Old 01-03-2008, 07:15 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

A&B Main Hobbies buddy.Go with the Xray.
Old 01-03-2008, 07:19 PM
Tech Regular

There's a lot of great information on about the Redcat Monsoon. You may want to look at that car.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.