Search

Mugen MBX5T or losi 8ight t

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2008, 02:31 PM
Tech Adept

Questions?? Mugen MBX5T or losi 8ight t

i am kinda confused on which one to get
can u give me the pros and cons on each car

my LHS stocks a little more parts on the losi than the mugen but the mugen is like a rock so that is where i get confused

any help would be great

thanks peter
Old 01-01-2008, 02:35 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

If you want the best of both worlds, I would also put the OCM Truggy in there as an option.

I have driven all the truggies and the OCM is AWESOME!!!

Now, if the Losi and Mugen are your only two options I would go with the Mugen.
Old 01-01-2008, 04:00 PM

Mugens dont break, I have like 18 gallons on mine and my hobby shop dosnt stock parts but I have never had a problem. Of course they do break but it is so rare it shouldnt be a problem. Here is my view on Losi VS. Mugen. You cannot go wrong with a mugen they last and they handle great, they are sweet cars. Now for losi, You can go wrong with a losi, although they are awesome cars, they are not for everybody, and they are a little bit harder to drive fast but they are great cars, and they wear much faster than Mugens so expect to replace parts muh more often. But they are both good cars.
Old 01-01-2008, 04:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I agree with Nitro Syco, we race together. 2 of my good friends and I have the Losi buggy, which is pretty much identical to the 8T, and we love our vehicles. Its a great driver, but it requires quite a bit more maintenance due to driveline wear. I love my Losi 8, but it will also be my last Losi 8 unless Losi gives the 8 a slight overhaul in the wear and tear dept. The Mugen truggy was the most popular vehicle, and its wear and tear was much less gallon for gallon.
Old 01-01-2008, 06:48 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

MG rezenclowd3...Get over urself and the "my diffs wear in 1 day" u know its BS so stop claiming Shinanigans....What driveline wear issues ? the pins and outdrives ?....have u looked at ur Mugen's lately ? they wear too...and IMO just as bad....Now i will say...the couple diff's that i have seen go south on the losi...havent looked like they were maintained in Months...Super Dirty oil and common....U must not know ur truck too well to not be able to feel that much slop in the spyder's....what brakes on the 8's ? arms....No...tower's...No....knuckles and carrier's....No...wing mounts...No...If u drive anything hard enuff itll break....but for 90% of guys claiming that losi's are weak and they break all the time is BS...its the driver not the truck....hah mugen's dont break...
Old 01-01-2008, 06:52 PM
Tech Regular

Here we go a mugen and losi war, I knew this was gonna happen.
But I totally agree with integra and I don't know exactly what driveline wear they are talking about???
Old 01-01-2008, 06:57 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BOOST
Here we go a mugen and losi war, I knew this was gonna happen.
But I totally agree with integra and I don't know exactly what driveline wear they are talking about???

rezenclowd3 likes to think the stock diff cups are sooo bad...that he has to check them before every race day...even going to the extent of swapping out cups before an A-main....and supposedly the mugen's dont wear...there 1000% purfect and made outta Space age metal that No1 else has access too....
Old 01-01-2008, 07:01 PM
Tech Regular

No doubt man I aint changed a single one in 13 months and don't need to some people have no idea!!
Old 01-01-2008, 07:51 PM
Tech Elite

Integra, please stop attacking me and acting like a 5 year old child. Ask anyone that knows me (KCDZIM, Nitro Syco, JakeM to name a few) I maintain my RC stuff like its my own kid. Nothing gets overlooked, its built damn near to perfection. The only thing I can't do is glue a tire worth a damn. My Diffs DO WEAR VERY VERY fast. I never said anyone else's did. Please read the whole post before exploding. In the 13+ gallons (might be even 15 now, I lost count before December) I have only broken less than $20 in parts I do believe. That would be 2 shock standoffs and the 2-3 shock oring cap due to the piston screw coming loose. I never said the Mugens don't wear. Stop exaggerating like a child again. Just read the post. I love my Losi, it handles like I want, which is very aggressive. Again, why would I lie about parts wear. It gains me nothing. We do not need childish behavior on these forums from adults.

The Losi driveline wears quite a bit faster than the Mugens and Xrays. The front "CVD" pin (nothing constant about it...) wears very fast because of its angle. I've taken a look at Mugens and Losi's with the same amount of run time, and their wear is much less. I only had to replace my outdrives after gallon 13 when I did a full car rebuild on the Losi. There was less than .5mm of wear in the outdrives, but enough to cause it to interfere with MY level of driving ability. A beginner would not have noticed.

Just because the vehicle still drives does not mean there is no wear and tear. My A arms still worked decently, but being as soft as they are, they were bowed a considerable amount that they were binding. I even set my 8 on a stand when not in use so that the shocks don't always put a considerable force on the arms.

Another was the steering linkage wear was interfering with driving in a straight line.

I've only bent 2 hingepins, I have not found those to be a problem as reported as many others.

Just as a quick comparison, I have taken a look at someone's Xray XT8 who has not replaced any driveline components. He has over 10 gallons of use on his, and they still look almost new, but there is no slop like there was in my Losi after just 3-4 gallons of use.

Again, Integra, this personal attack has become VERY old. I do not understand why you refuse to believe that the Losi is not allowed to have any issues. (Side note: the soft Arms assist in the great handling of the 8B, but they are a problem as far as wear goes)
Old 01-01-2008, 08:21 PM
Tech Regular

OK so what would be a better choice for 'playboy'.......well both really, there is a lot of sucess with both all over the globe, I have a lot of respect for mugen and they have excellent racing vehicles that are precision made and go hard, but same goes for Losi. So 'playboy I would say just "CHOOSE ONE DAMMIT!!"
Old 01-01-2008, 08:23 PM
Tech Rookie

@ razenclowd3

my losi holds up very well

please stop bashing fellow forum members

or i will have to tell the admin on you

i have spent over 30 gallons in my losi and have only had to replace the drive train once.

if you wanna know my secret PM me

-w00t out
Old 01-01-2008, 08:24 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

wow... 30 gallons...
Old 01-01-2008, 08:27 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by BOOST
OK so what would be a better choice for 'playboy'.......well both really, there is a lot of sucess with both all over the globe, I have a lot of respect for mugen and they have excellent racing vehicles that are precision made and go hard, but same goes for Losi. So 'playboy I would say just "CHOOSE ONE DAMMIT!!"
Very right. Both are great vehicles. If possible, drive them both, and take a look at the assembly manuals and decide on which design you like better.
Old 01-01-2008, 08:30 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

oh yea? well my daddy will kick yo daddys a$$ anyday!!!! lol
Old 01-01-2008, 08:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

I started to type something about both cars, but what we really need to tell this guy, is to use the search button and read what you find!

Group hug !

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.