R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 01-03-2008, 02:04 AM   #16
Tech Regular

I tried 5000 in the rear diff and didn't like it. It hooked up in whatever direction I started to get on the throttle. I went down to 4000 and it was a bit easier to control on power and get straight again.
kmorast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 03:21 PM   #17
Tech Rookie

nice hearing from you rc8 freaks cause i sure am..but please answer me this. I was using the silver shock springs on all four when i blew back shocks out..What color are you guys running indoors..I have all three spring colors. per a/e shock rebuild instructions they say fill shocks all the way up and push out overfill will bladders..I was using 30 weight all 4..think i was way to light. at frist practice session week before i was using set up that race roller came with..I did lower back adjusters a tadd to get some more traction and it was hauling butt,,but for race day I changed it..mistake..on shock info it says to start 6mm back and 5 front..a/e sent me a email yesterday and they are sending upgrade present..I will go to hardware and get some 18mm bolts for gear boxes for sunday race..are you guys/ladys upgrading pin holders ? after looking more into my last weekend damage when i broke back half font gear box came from hard case hit on triple bent back pin plate and then pulled screw with it and hunk of gear box..But i'm holding 4 brand new sets of gear boxes right now..Any of you rc8 folks need parts sunday at ftr in michigan come see me i will hook you up..We need to take care of each other..Edwin will get his roller on friday...we are all very hopefull that eddy will whoop some butt losi that is ( all in fun )..all the buggys are so close it's the guy with the best set up and tune..plus pilot skills. al horne showed me how to set up my tires with inserts and how to cut inserts for side wall pressure and so on..whoda thunk that..But does the goop some of you put on tires work..I noticed the ones who do use it, the clay was not sticking to tires as much,,so i just answered that one...rock on and stay on all four paws.. :0) capri
ulrichcapri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 08:47 PM   #18
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

You can use wd40, simple green, or buggy grip. All will work for tire goop at ftr. Just have to let it set on for a minute, then towel it off. Then let it dry till your next qualifier. Don't just put it on, wipe off, then go run. It will feel worse than not using it.

Hopefully see you guys sunday.
I'm using stock springs and will be running 35 oil. The 30 oil won't be the reason you blew the shocks. Not hitting the triple is the reason. Same reason I broke my lower top plate. I was just lucky it broke and not my diff case like yours did.
jbrow1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 07:57 PM   #19
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ulrichcapri View Post
nice hearing from you rc8 freaks cause i sure am..but please answer me this. I was using the silver shock springs on all four when i blew back shocks out..What color are you guys running indoors..I have all three spring colors. per a/e shock rebuild instructions they say fill shocks all the way up and push out overfill will bladders..I was using 30 weight all 4..think i was way to light. at frist practice session week before i was using set up that race roller came with..I did lower back adjusters a tadd to get some more traction and it was hauling butt,,but for race day I changed it..mistake..on shock info it says to start 6mm back and 5 front..a/e sent me a email yesterday and they are sending upgrade present..I will go to hardware and get some 18mm bolts for gear boxes for sunday race..are you guys/ladys upgrading pin holders ? after looking more into my last weekend damage when i broke back half font gear box came from hard case hit on triple bent back pin plate and then pulled screw with it and hunk of gear box..But i'm holding 4 brand new sets of gear boxes right now..Any of you rc8 folks need parts sunday at ftr in michigan come see me i will hook you up..We need to take care of each other..Edwin will get his roller on friday...we are all very hopefull that eddy will whoop some butt losi that is ( all in fun )..all the buggys are so close it's the guy with the best set up and tune..plus pilot skills. al horne showed me how to set up my tires with inserts and how to cut inserts for side wall pressure and so on..whoda thunk that..But does the goop some of you put on tires work..I noticed the ones who do use it, the clay was not sticking to tires as much,,so i just answered that one...rock on and stay on all four paws.. :0) capri
I read something about drill a hole in the shock caps to relieve pressure. it is supose to help with the shock problems.
Old 01-04-2008, 08:32 PM   #20
Tech Master

Got my RC8 today and almost got it ready to go. Just got to finish the rear suspension setup and paint the body and then it's ready. Instead of modifying the stock suspension caps, I am going to run my Jammin X1CR shocks with the AE springs to see how that will work.... The plan is to put this thing in the A main at FTR in its maiden race! :-)
ehartman_49348 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 08:12 AM   #21
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehartman_49348 View Post
Got my RC8 today and almost got it ready to go. Just got to finish the rear suspension setup and paint the body and then it's ready. Instead of modifying the stock suspension caps, I am going to run my Jammin X1CR shocks with the AE springs to see how that will work.... The plan is to put this thing in the A main at FTR in its maiden race! :-)
Good luck and see ya tomorrow. Come say hi to the guy with red/white rc8 and gt2.
jbrow1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 11:41 AM   #22
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrow1 View Post
Good luck and see ya tomorrow. Come say hi to the guy with red/white rc8 and gt2.
I believe we were pitting next to you guys last week. We are the crew that was pitting against the wall in the corner. CU tomorrow!
Old 01-05-2008, 01:14 PM   #23
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehartman_49348 View Post
I believe we were pitting next to you guys last week. We are the crew that was pitting against the wall in the corner. CU tomorrow!
Yeah, Jeff wasn't there last weekend but I was with my RC8
<---- . One of you guys pitted for me I believe. Still not sure if I'm going to run buggy and gas truck or just the buggy. Should be a good time. See you guys at the track and let's go woop some Losi butt
ollie 45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 02:22 PM   #24
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ollie 45 View Post
Yeah, Jeff wasn't there last weekend but I was with my RC8
<---- . One of you guys pitted for me I believe. Still not sure if I'm going to run buggy and gas truck or just the buggy. Should be a good time. See you guys at the track and let's go woop some Losi butt
I've heard there is going to be some FREE Losi @$$ kicking tomorrow! LOL