Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
RB S7 tuneing Help >

RB S7 tuneing Help

RB S7 tuneing Help

Old 12-24-2007, 09:39 PM
Tech Regular

Default RB S7 tuneing Help

Just gota second hand RB S7 and have managed to tune it to the point where the bottom end is fine and the engine is running well at idle but i cant seem to rev the engine to full throtle without it choking, eg weeeee blu blu we...., from what i know the top end wasnt tuned very well by the previous owner, ive tried adjusting the air mix needle and also the air and fuel mix.

any RB owners or past owners help would most appreciated.

Merry Christmas&Happy New Year.
Old 12-24-2007, 09:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Always tune the top end first, then dial in the low end and idle. The reason behind this is that the High Speed needle also affects the low speed and idle. Once changes to the low speed needle are close, changes to the idle screw will become apparent at once while adjusting.

As far as the previous owner "not" tuning the high speed needle correctly, changes in altitude, humidity, and temperature will all affect the tune. If you didn't buy it from someone at your track, its almost a given that the tune will be off.
Old 12-24-2007, 10:52 PM
Tech Regular

Alright sweet thanks for the info, yea your absolutly right about the previous owner, he lives in another state called WA about 1200kms away south, alright well ill try my luck on tuneing the top end now and get back to you shortly.
Old 12-25-2007, 12:10 AM
Tech Regular

well its sounding much better now thanks alot, just needs a good track tune and she ll be alright