Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Pinching a motor.Who do you use?. What are the PRO ancd CONS. >

Pinching a motor.Who do you use?. What are the PRO ancd CONS.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Pinching a motor.Who do you use?. What are the PRO ancd CONS.

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2007, 12:03 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (95%+)

I've seen nothing but good results from ProPinch.com.
Old 12-26-2007, 10:57 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Pro pinch has great customer service. also minw went out the next day. i had them back in 4 days from the day it left
Old 01-21-2008, 02:59 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Gidday Guys

anybody here used Rayaracing pinching service..
what are your thoughts.......
cheers paul....
Old 01-21-2008, 05:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by floss
Gidday Guys

anybody here used Rayaracing pinching service..
what are your thoughts.......
cheers paul....
Ray's work is top notch. I ran a Rayaracing pinched cvr .12 all summer, and still running it this winter. I am currently running a .21 just recently pinched by Ray in my 1/8 scale. It's like getting a new engine all over again. Very trustworthy guy and does an excellent job. I've had him do other engines also and always been more than happy with his work.
Old 01-21-2008, 05:37 PM
Tech Apprentice

i have looked at pinching before and i still dont have an answer to two things. one, will a pinched sleeve last about as long as a new sleeve and two, how many times can you get a single sleeve pinched? im only 15 and my picco p7r evo just wont idle unless its got a brand new plug. I am trying to decide weather to get a go-tech 5 port or re-pinch my picco. got an oppinion?
Old 01-21-2008, 05:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

i have looked at pinching before and i still dont have an answer to two things. one, will a pinched sleeve last about as long as a new sleeve and two, how many times can you get a single sleeve pinched? im only 15 and my picco p7r evo just wont idle unless its got a brand new plug. I am trying to decide weather to get a go-tech 5 port or re-pinch my picco. got an oppinion?
sounds like that's a mere tuning issue my friend.
Old 01-21-2008, 05:49 PM
Tech Apprentice

well i dont think its possible to tune... i was given the engine by my neighbor who decided to remove a head shim so its the same set up as greg dagani. and i cant find anything on the picco p7r evo so i have no clue what its supposed to be.
Old 01-21-2008, 06:12 PM
Tech Elite

First off what % fuel are you using? If 30% then the head shimming should be around .030 or a little less. The less the better tuner ya need to be.

Not wanting to idle and having to lean it way out is a sign of a worn piston/sleeve. New plug won't solve that problem, once the engine warms up it quits.

The engine will last a long time after being pinched. Not sure how long, I just know I've got a ton of time on my cv-r.

Honestly nobody can tell you the life of a new engine either. I can make engines last forever. I have buddies who get half the lifespan I get. Why? No answer, that's just how it is. So you may get more or less than I do or somebody else in Texas, California, Ohio... whoever answers your question.

For roughly $25 you can answer your own question and have a definate answer/opinion made on your own. Be it RayA, propince, or osrocket at least you'll prove to yourself whether you think pinching is good or not.

What's a gotech 5 port go for? 180? Twenty-five dollars is worth forming your own opinion. Heck, I still want to try a gotech just so I can make up my own mind on those...

The only true way to figure if an engine is worn out is to disassemble it.. If ya can't do that though then ya better skip the pinch and go for the new mill. Use the picco to learn on though. Take that thing apart and see what's in there!!
Old 01-21-2008, 07:00 PM
Tech Apprentice

im tearing it down now. it has two shims on it now and my neighbor gave me one in a bag so im going to put that one on. i also looked up in an xtreme mag from way back the needle settings they had and they had 1 1/2 turns in from flush on top and 2 out on bottom. it just seems so lean but then again i did have a head shim less then there engine but i got the same pipe and am running same nitro %.

the enging doesnt hold an idle unless its sky high. and it just randomly dies. im pretty shure its done but im going to re pinch it and start all over again with it.

i agree on your lifespann oppinion. i got 16-18 gallons on a t21bf and i see people complaining they are done at 9. it makes me think i got lucky.
Old 01-21-2008, 07:14 PM
Tech Apprentice

im tearing it down now. it has two shims on it now and my neighbor gave me one in a bag so im going to put that one on. i also looked up in an xtreme mag from way back the needle settings they had and they had 1 1/2 turns in from flush on top and 2 out on bottom. it just seems so lean but then again i did have a head shim less then there engine but i got the same pipe and am running same nitro %.

the enging doesnt hold an idle unless its sky high. and it just randomly dies. im pretty shure its done but im going to re pinch it and start all over again with it.

i agree on your lifespann oppinion. i got 16-18 gallons on a t21bf and i see people complaining they are done at 9. it makes me think i got lucky.
Old 01-21-2008, 07:55 PM
Tech Apprentice

ok well i got the sleeve and i can push the piston to the tdc realy easy but its got a tiny bit of pinch, it seems to me its done. am i wrong?
Old 01-21-2008, 08:10 PM
Tech Elite

If it goes to the top or thru the top of the sleeve then you need a pinch.
Everything needs to be in the same orientation when you do this as when it's in the block. Meaning everything facing the correct way.
Old 01-21-2008, 08:40 PM
Tech Apprentice

it wont go to top, but it still wont hold an idle or that it just randomly dies. i think i should just pinch it and start from the beggining.
Old 01-23-2008, 09:44 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I had a few engines pinched by RayA and have had great results. Ray's work is excellent
Old 11-28-2008, 05:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 123 (100%+)

This needs to be cleaned up then STICKY tacked to the top!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.