can't help you on this. I'm not a Rossi guy

sorry,

chunk
chunk t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 03:56 AM   #62
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by osrocket View Post
bjr, the sleeve should not change when re-installing after resizing, sometimes the button area is a little snug, especially if the guy doing it uses one of the manual methods, and even then sometimes the tenths that it changes still make the button are a little snug, the VG sleeves are a softer composition and depending on what method is used it may be out of round then it is almost impossible to get back in. if you ever run into that again take a good set of micrometers and check it for out of roundness, and contact the person who did it and ask them what they think, i get alot of out-of-round sleeves in to try and repair and that is a 50-50 shot depending on how bad they are, thanks alot john b (osrocket)

email me if you have any questions or problems
Thanks for the advice. I'll have to give some serious consideration of who to use next time. The top few guys all come highly recommended though. Thanks for your help...
bjr48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 11:00 AM   #63
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Who do you guys use? Who else is there?
I started using OS Rocket, then switched to a local guy who has fast turnaround times. PM me if interested in contact info.

What are the Pros and Cons to pinching a motor?Pros, refreshes motor, extends life of motor, cheaper than new p/s.
Cons, overpinchung it yourself can ruin p/s, waiting until p/s is worn out may only give you a short additional life.

How long does a pinch last?
Normally, three gallons. But this depends upon the motor, tuning, etc. I normally pinch a motor after three gallons to keep it fresh. If you wait until a piston/sleeve is worn out before getting it pinched, then the results will vary.

Do you need to go through the same break in?
No, the motor is already heat cycled, but still needs a break in. I break mine in with one tank at idle and another at low RPMs. Then I keep the top end rich until the motor loosens up.
rced1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 06:26 PM   #64
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to RC Dad

I liked 22racer's work. Since I'm really an electric guy I just sent in the complete nitro motor and he tore it down and measured and spec'd it all out, then emailed me with the results and recommendations. He pinched and assembled it and sent it back in a couple of weeks for around $35 shipped if I remember right. I wouldn't know a stretched rod if I saw one so I appreciated having his expert help. Fellow racers have tried other pinchers without such good luck so I'd definitely use 22racer again.
Old 12-03-2008, 10:30 PM   #65
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default sleeve pinching

I had a great experience using rayaracing. I sent a 10 gallon piston and sleeve for my GRP Ninja .21, to Ray . He sent it back pretty quick , I live in Canada by the way, and it looked brand new. I threw some new TKO's in and its been like a brand new engine , idles all day and has tons of power. The other part I like is that you can see how he does it on his web site. The other guys didnt. I love it so much that I would like to buy one of his presses.
Truggyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 06:49 AM   #66
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Default Sleeve reconstruction

Thanks Truggyman,

Not the press,but the tooling that is operated by the press,that makes the RayAracing resizing method the most successful method in the world. I invested a great deal of time designing these specialized die sets to allow others to do well. The best thing I could say here is let the guys with the well known good tooling do your resizing work. It ain't Rocket science, but you have got to have good tools to properly reconstruct these sleeve alloys.Kind regards, RayAracing
RayA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 07:05 AM   #67
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 117 (99%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to penguineman

I used OS Rocket and had very good luck with him it's still running strong after 2 years of racing. but the next one I do I'll send to Rayaracing and have him do it so I can compare the 2 guys work I have heard great things about Ray so I figure I'd like to try his work out also. just my 2cents worth
penguineman is offline   Reply With Quote