Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Pinching a motor.Who do you use?. What are the PRO ancd CONS. >

Pinching a motor.Who do you use?. What are the PRO ancd CONS.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Pinching a motor.Who do you use?. What are the PRO ancd CONS.

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2007, 07:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by magm20001
when you flame out midway through your final and miss out on your bump up, is that a big enough of a "con" ?
You call that a con to pinching? I'd rather say it's an example of bad tuning. Or running a plug to long. Or gee, shouldn't end up on the lid when fighting for a bump spot.

Did you have a bad experiance with a pinch? How about putting a little credibility behind your post?
Old 12-23-2007, 08:02 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Got your E-Mail OS Rocket, Thanks..
Old 12-23-2007, 09:33 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Steve Walters
Got your E-Mail OS Rocket, Thanks..
Glad to see you got your reply thats more than I ever got from BCE.
Old 12-23-2007, 09:39 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (88%+)

So far OSrocket is YES/NO. Hard to get ahold of. Do they do good work?

Who else is there? Is the motor as good after a pinch as the motor was stock? Power/performance/Hold of tune?

Thanks guys...
Old 12-23-2007, 09:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

I've pinched quite a few motors, I will say stay away from any Ebay pincher for $10. or hose clamp. I am a machinist and a couple years ago I built a similar pincher to the cheap ones on Ebay, hard to keep the sleeve round.
I have since came up with a new way and it works awesome. I would say you would probably get almost as much life out of a pinched motor as you did before you pinched it. That is if the crank and rod is not worn badly. I even pinched a motor that had sucked dirt and it ran like new. I've heard some pinchers ask you how much pinch you want. I usually just tighten mine up but not to the point it needs to be broken in. I have heard Ceo mods pinches motors but I don't know if he just does it on his own motors or not.

Rex
Old 12-24-2007, 07:53 AM
Tech Adept

Have OS Rocket pinch em for ya, JB is the man. I'm sending him 4 V-spec sleeves right after Christmas.
Old 12-24-2007, 10:12 AM
Tech Adept

I have heard of people pinching worn sleeve's but I can't say I have heard good or bad.

I would be concerned about other motor components being worn and failing as well. If your motor has enough fuel through it that the sleeve is worn isn't it likely the rod and bearing could be worn out as well? If your going to replace the rod and bearings doesn't it make sence to just buy a sleeve and piston as well?

Seems like the piece of mind of having all new components is worth it. But I am considering giving this a try. I have a couple V-Spec motors and the pinch in them only lasts about 4 gallons.
Old 12-24-2007, 10:43 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I have had 3 done by Pro Pinch. propinch.com they all run great. i am sending 3 more afetr X-Mas.
Old 12-24-2007, 01:13 PM
Tech Regular

I have 5 I want to send out.

Im bettween ProPinch and OS Rocket?

OS Is a bit cheaper. (I will pay for quailty) Who has the best turn around time?

Any one have problems with either of these companys workmanship? I know no one is perfect.

Thank you
Old 12-24-2007, 02:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

OS Rocket, did my cvr, and the motor is at the end if its 2nd gallon, running stronger then ever. Fast enuff to win the first annual Jconcept clash in open 1/10 gas truck not one Tunning issue, ever.
Old 12-24-2007, 02:06 PM
Tech Fanatic

I'll have to try OS Rocket and pinching in general another try. I've not had good luck. The concept is tempting-especially on a modded P/S, but like I've said, I've not had good luck.
Old 12-24-2007, 03:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Another idea is that you could send two p/s to OS and two to pro pinch and then compare the results for the future. Send the last p/s to whoever you get a gut feeling will do a better job. i can't vouch for pro pinch, but I can vouch for OS. They are excellent.
Old 12-24-2007, 03:54 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by petevette
Another idea is that you could send two p/s to OS and two to pro pinch and then compare the results for the future. Send the last p/s to whoever you get a gut feeling will do a better job. i can't vouch for pro pinch, but I can vouch for OS. They are excellent.

Thats a good idea petevette. I only want to send my motors to one place to get done. I want it to be the best shop with the customer service... Customer service is very important to me.. i like to know I will be taken care of if there is a problem...

Are there any other reputale shops out there?
Old 12-25-2007, 03:35 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

mpowerz:

I've used OS Rocket's services for over 4 years. I have never had a problem. I live in Canada and my turnaround time is about 2 weeks. If there is any problem he will look after it and you no problem.

Old 12-25-2007, 09:45 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by 7.5man
mpowerz:

I've used OS Rocket's services for over 4 years. I have never had a problem. I live in Canada and my turnaround time is about 2 weeks. If there is any problem he will look after it and you no problem.

Did you have any problems with the border? Customs/ duites?

What shipper do you use? (UPS. FEDEX, Canada Post) What does it cost to send the parts?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.