R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road-130/)
-   -   New Buggy (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road/196841-new-buggy.html)

DPowers 12-22-2007 12:29 PM

New Buggy

if you was going to buy a new car what would you buy and why?

duffman1977 12-22-2007 04:27 PM

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...uct_id=6015320

playboy 12-22-2007 04:43 PM

factory team gt2

ABURTON 12-22-2007 04:46 PM

DPowers....

I'm a bit biased so I'll spare you the OCM spill. We do have a great price and a quality product. If anyone reads all the available forums it kinda speaks for itself.....

But just some advice. Out of all the major players.....

OCM, Mugen, Kyosho, Losi, Cen, Jammin, Ofna, AE, etc....

I made a list of all the cars. I then made a list of the known issues each car has. All of them had some small problems. I feel they all are 100% competive in the upper level of racing as well as local racing. None of them have issues that can keep you from being competitive.

I would look into price, parts avail, customer support, etc.....

My biggest words of wisdom to you....is get a buggy and stick with it a while. It's not possible to dial in a buggy in just a few races. Most guys get a buggy run it a few races or half a season(maybe 7 races) then feel like a car is holding them back. Trust me when I say this....all of the above mentioned cars(and probably more that are not listed) will do more than most drivers can keep up with.

I ran for mugen 4 years...ran the buggy 5 years. That buggy I knew like the back of my hand. I have ran the OCM for a year now and have raced more than ever this season. I have finally got it figured out and have been fatser than ever....

Pick what you feel is the best for you and stay with it a couple seasons. I promise you will get better. Some guys like to just get a new flavor all the time and if so thats awesome. But I know you..your trying to get better so I thought I would help;)

Good luck!

DPowers 12-22-2007 05:33 PM

Thanks A.B.

I appreciate your post.

and y.g.m

petevette 12-22-2007 09:23 PM

My money is on mugen or RC8. Durable, stable and good in the rough stuff.

Pete

rabidsquirrel 12-22-2007 11:08 PM

OFNA Hyper 8.5 - Most competitive buggy with best bang for your buck out there...

tony montana 12-23-2007 05:55 AM

i would look into the ocm, there on line support is second to none, even thou I drive a losi, I've seen these cars run and and they do great, beat me alot

DPowers 12-23-2007 06:00 AM

yes i agree the ocm is a really good car.

Robert.Hull 12-23-2007 09:27 AM

CEN Mtarix
headrushhobbies.com

CREWMAN 12-23-2007 10:05 AM

the two trucks i run in dirt are the Losi LST2, and the 8ightb.
If you ask me almost all cars are tuneable. There is not one best. if you have the time and the money you can make almost all trucks race worthy

cheesecake 12-23-2007 07:13 PM

Originally Posted by rabidsquirrel (Post 3999411)
OFNA Hyper 8.5 - Most competitive buggy with best bang for your buck out there...

typical hyper owner comment actually the ocm is the best bang for the buck :D

DPowers 12-23-2007 07:14 PM

going to get another ocm they are really hard to beat.

Nitro syco 12-23-2007 08:08 PM

If I were to go out and buy a new 1/8 scale car my list would be the same for buggy and truggy. The top of the list would be Kyosho, the new ST-RR is sweet and I wouldnt mind one and the buggy is also sweet but the price is so high I dont know if I would get one. Then Xray and Mugen, Xray has a great solid well performing buggy, Mugen has a great buggy too, I have the Xray now and I love it but the Mugen is also nice. For truggy between Xray and Mugen I would go Xray, but not by much, I would only do it because I have the Mugen truggy now and would want something else if I were to buy something, but I have been very tempted to sell my mugen and buy a Xray, both are very nice truggys.

DOMIT 12-24-2007 12:01 AM

Well... if money were no object... I would buy the Kyosho... plus the lightened CVAs... plus the big bore shocks, springs, etc.

Since money IS an issue, it would be the Losi 8ight for a moderate budget.

If I wanted to stay in the lower cost range... I'd go with a Caster ZX1 Pro or OFNA (or however they name it now) Hyper 8.5

But, those are just my personal choices. There are lots of good options out there.