R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 12-27-2007, 11:53 PM   #61
Tech Adept

LOL! Things must be getting desperate when the only thing you can point to is a local race with a few fast guys, where your favorite car was FIRST LOSER by nearly a lap. Give it a rest. You're not going to convert anyone to your point of view. You want to believe your car is the best because you own it. Just hang on to that and stop the crusade - it's getting old.
rcg33k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 12:48 AM   #62
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesecake View Post
but he is bragging about it winning the european champs when has a hyper 8.5 done anything in the states. theres a reason why people dont race them that much in the states
So Rabid is a staunch supporter, Thats OK isn't it? look for the IMO in his post and let him have his opinion.
I think that the last sentance you wrote should say "Theres a reason why, People dont race them much in the states! IMO
Either way its not worth arguing about, dont you think?

As for rcgeek, Have you ever won a major event? I have a feeling you drive Kyosho! All bitter and twisted because you frequently get beaten by buggies half the price of your own! GET OVER YOURSELF!
2Stroke Al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 01:33 AM   #63
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to cheesecake

thanks for the pointless grammer lesson
cheesecake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 07:00 AM   #64
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

rcg33k,

Do you EVER have anything positive to say about anything?

Jeez, take your meds or something...

I don't believe my car is the 'best'. It is the 'best' for me right now. It is a good option for people looking at a cost effective and competitive platform. I've always said as much, read my previous posts...

I don't have to defend the Hyper. Cheese said it doesn't 'work' on US tracks. Well guess what? It does. Many would argue that it works 'better' on US tracks than European style tracks, but it didn't enjoy the same level of promotion in the US (US Factory team footprint was pretty small compared to the European team). The Euro Worlds track was a lot more like a US track this year. In fact, it was very much like a US track. Go watch some video of it.

All I'm saying is that the Hyper 8.5 is a very capable buggy for the money, and I'm defending the little bit of criticism it got from the peanut gallery.

BTW ~ 2nd to Adam Drake in any event is an accomplishment, I don't care who you are. The guy is a machine when it comes to racing buggies. It'd be like placing 2nd to Valentino Rossi, R. Carmichael or Schumacher in their prime. I was trying to give you a recent result that shows its capability.

I'm worried about next year though. There are some rumors that Battle may leave the team. JQ just announced that he's leaving. Degani made his exit. I've not heard of any new recruits being added to the talent pool. Hopefully Kortz sticks around another year - he seems to be getting better and better and I hope that 2008 is a career year for him. OFNA/Ho Bao have been recruiting us drivers (National and regional levels). Hopefully they pick up some talent there.

OCM picked up Mikey, that is probably an excellent addition to their roster. It'll be neat to see how he does in 2008. Seems like OCM/Nanda is going to have a bigger Factory Team race effort in the US this year. Should be good.

This is fun!

Last edited by rabidsquirrel; 12-28-2007 at 07:17 AM.
rabidsquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 01:19 AM   #65
Tech Adept

So predictable... Al, you're the typical internet fan boy. I have a lot of cars, which includes a Kyosho. I also have two generations of Mugen, Xray XB8 and XB8EC cars, a Hong Nor X1CR, a HoBao Byper 7, and a few others. I'm fortunate to have the resources to try any of these buggies when I feel the need, so I don't have "a" car to promote, but I like to give people useful advice. So, when someone asks which buggy is best for a given set of circumstances, I like to think that I have a lot more experience than most, and I'm not married to any one car. I don't support knock-off brands like OCM, Red Cat Racing, OFNA, and the dozens of others, because they only steal other peoples designs and do nothing to improve the breed, but I will give anyone an honest answer to a "which car?" question. That's my beef with forums these days - nobody can ask an honest question without the agenda squad swooping in from all directions saying their buggy is the best and nothing else comes close, when the truth is, it's often a flaming pile of crap by most objective observers. Many of those responding , however, get a free car from said company or are too weak-minded to say anything bad about the car they bought. Sooooooooo, they tell these poor noobs to go out and buy a POS, only to be disappointed and let down with the quality and performance, which turns them away from the hobby. What's worse is they've given their only business to a company that doesn't reinvest a cent back into the hobby. I'd rather support those that reinvest into the hobby and that innovate and strive to improve the breed. The bottom line is, I'd rather see people be honest about their support of a particular product. It's OK to say that it's your first buggy and that it's treated you well so far, of that you've only had three cars, but based on your experience that this is the best of the three that you've owned. But instead we get a bunch of "This is the ONLY CAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY ON ANYTHING ELSE! THIS IS AS GOOD AS ANY OTHER BUGGY FOR HALF THE PRICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. A more moderate and honest reply will resonate much more that all the extremist crap that is so common on all forums.
rcg33k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 03:38 AM   #66
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via MSN to Dave_x8

i like the hyper 8.5
Dave_x8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 04:36 AM   #67
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

8.5 is live!!!!
Old 12-29-2007, 10:20 AM   #68
Tech Initiate

Kortz has big plans for the Hobao. They are on track to improve on the design with some fairly radical changes.

Jeremy is right there at every race and not just local ones. Just started painting for Kortz so I speak to him here and there and at races. Hobao is embracing the change rather than sitting on what they have. Kortz will tell you al the cars are good but that Losi has somewhat revolutionized things. All the mfg.'s are working on improvements or total changes. it was said earlier but yes, "it is a great time to race 1/8". All this new gear ultimately is to the benefit of the consumer.

I run Losi but to say that the Hobao can't hang is crazy talk. Apparently you haven't seen Kortz drive if you think that.
cfish8u2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 04:52 PM   #69
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 147 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfish8u2 View Post
Kortz has big plans for the Hobao. They are on track to improve on the design with some fairly radical changes.

Jeremy is right there at every race and not just local ones. Just started painting for Kortz so I speak to him here and there and at races. Hobao is embracing the change rather than sitting on what they have. Kortz will tell you al the cars are good but that Losi has somewhat revolutionized things. All the mfg.'s are working on improvements or total changes. it was said earlier but yes, "it is a great time to race 1/8". All this new gear ultimately is to the benefit of the consumer.

I run Losi but to say that the Hobao can't hang is crazy talk. Apparently you haven't seen Kortz drive if you think that.
Is this CAREY H. ???
nobike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 08:46 AM   #70
Tech Apprentice

Thumbs up every kit is cool

hi ,

after i read all of this, i think all of the current buggy are cool and nice,
just they come with different people, different company, different price,
different services, and different culture of the brand.....

dont' you guys think so...........

i think now the market just give everyone more of a choose....
caster88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 10:00 AM   #71
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

I just wanted to clear something up. I keep seeing it in your post about OCM/NANDA....

Nanda is nanda and OCM is nothing related to them. I'm not sure what that is about. Nanda is made in a factory in China and OCM is made in Tawain. Not that it really matters but it just needed to be cleared up. I dont need to get emails asking about Nanda when it has nothing to do with us.

Thanks,

Alan Burton
OCM ltd/OCMUSA
teamocmracingusa@gmail.com
ABURTON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 07:26 PM   #72
Tech Apprentice

Smile wowow

wowo man,who are you talking about, ,,

i am new comer never say a word about OCM or Nanda...
caster88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 08:56 PM   #73
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by caster88 View Post
wowo man,who are you talking about, ,,

i am new comer never say a word about OCM or Nanda...

no, no....I apologize. Not you, I was speaking of a few post made over the life of this thread. One was just a few post back.

You guys have a good weekend

AB
ABURTON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 09:34 PM   #74
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via MSN to Dave_x8

Quote:
Originally Posted by easyryder View Post
8.5 is live!!!!
nice one,