R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 12-26-2007, 10:30 AM   #31
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

all i will say is i owned both hyper8 and the ocm evo 19 buggy the ocm is a better quality ride in my oppinion the hyper is good but does where faster and i broke more on ir than i did my ocm and i drove the ocm longer.
DPowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2007, 11:16 AM   #32
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I'm speaking of the Hyper 8.5 not the older version (Hyper 8). The Hyper 8.5 is the same cost as the older H8, but sooooo much more improved.

So, if you've compared, back to back, the Hyper 8.5 to the OCM, then definitely let me know why you like the OCM better and exactly what problems you had with the 8.5.

Anecdotally - Admittedly - the racing pedigree (Worldwide) of the 8.5 is better than the OCM at present, and the Hyper 8.5 Pro can be had for around $430 shipped (www.nitrohouse.com). This is the point I'm making...

rabidsquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2007, 03:00 PM   #33
Tech Elite

dont get me wrong ofna makes a good product but the ocm buggy is very nice like i said its just hard to beat the quality of the car and it does really good on the track as well.
Old 12-26-2007, 03:10 PM   #34
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

But it doesnt looks as good as a purty Xray XB8 on the track.
Xray XB8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2007, 03:15 PM   #35
Tech Fanatic

Stay home and play video games. Virtual reality is better than the real thing. I swear, if I see another thread like this I might end up in a post office with an automatic weapon!
Merlin Glow Plugs www.merlinglowplugs.com
Vantage Racing www.vantageracing.com
Mods by Rocket Ray! email: CowboyRa@sbcglobal.net
satoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2007, 03:59 PM   #36
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabidsquirrel View Post
Typical because it's true...

The Hyper 8.5 won the Euro World Championship this year as well as podiums numerous other big races around the world... Didn't see an OCM on the podium in most cases...

So if you want a 'Competitive' chassis - Hyper 8.5 is the way to go.

If you just want something cheap, then maybe an OCM is the better choice...

Your comment is far from the truth. OCM is just as competitive as any kit on the market. It made the main and finished 10th at the 2007 nationals, numerous RC pro main finishes, tq's, etc. Qualified 15th at the pre worlds, 9th at the CEN challenge, tq and a win at the Thanksgiving thunder(regional), many other strong regional and local level runs. I often race with the fastest in the USA and all year we have been fast! We also are in the works of signing a Factory driver so look to see many more results and national level speed!

I just want to say this...to make comments like yours is a little off. You have never driven a OCM and I am willing to bet you have not driven every car on the market. How can people actually give a honest opinion? I am strongly convinced that most of the upper level buggies can each achieve the same results. I sat down and listed all current buggies and the known issues they have. Every buggy had some. But looking at it none have issues that keep a person from being competitive. It comes down to what is the best for a certain person. For some the OCM may be the best overall because of it's $380 price tag and great support, for some it may be losi because the kits are everwhere, strong backing, etc.....

Just to say that "xyz" buggy is the best period is not the way to go. It does not help the person. It's like saying I drive a GMC...it's the best! lol...

I will never tell a person our kit is better than anyones. But I can give a educated opinion as I have raced/tested every major kit on the market. So what I do is tell customers our strong points and let them decide

Bad idea on this thread Powers! lol.....

Just so you know...the OCM is very competitive, cheap, durable, and as nice as anything on the market! www.amainhobbies.com has had good luck with them So when you buy the kit your not just getting a cheap buggy and the company cut corners to save money.
ABURTON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2007, 03:59 PM   #37
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabidsquirrel View Post
Typical because it's true...

The Hyper 8.5 won the Euro World Championship this year as well as podiums numerous other big races around the world... Didn't see an OCM on the podium in most cases...

So if you want a 'Competitive' chassis - Hyper 8.5 is the way to go.

If you just want something cheap, then maybe an OCM is the better choice...

Your comment is far from the truth. OCM is just as competitive as any kit on the market. It made the main and finished 10th at the 2007 nationals, numerous RC pro main finishes, tq's, etc. Qualified 15th at the pre worlds, 9th at the CEN challenge, tq and a win at the Thanksgiving thunder(regional), many other strong regional and local level runs. I often race with the fastest in the USA and all year we have been fast! We also are in the works of signing a Factory driver so look to see many more results and national level speed!

I just want to say this...to make comments like yours is a little off. You have never driven a OCM and I am willing to bet you have not driven every car on the market. How can people actually give a honest opinion? I am strongly convinced that most of the upper level buggies can each achieve the same results. I sat down and listed all current buggies and the known issues they have. Every buggy had some. But looking at it none have issues that keep a person from being competitive. It comes down to what is the best for a certain person. For some the OCM may be the best overall because of it's $380 price tag and great support, for some it may be losi because the kits are everwhere, strong backing, etc.....

Just to say that "xyz" buggy is the best period is not the way to go. It does not help the person. It's like saying I drive a GMC...it's the best! lol...

I will never tell a person our kit is better than anyones. But I can give a educated opinion as I have raced/tested every major kit on the market. So what I do is tell customers our strong points and let them decide

Bad idea on this thread Powers! lol.....

Just so you know...the OCM is very competitive, cheap, durable, and as nice as anything on the market! www.amainhobbies.com has had good luck with them So when you buy the kit your not just getting a cheap buggy and the company cut corners to save money.
Old 12-26-2007, 04:00 PM   #38
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xray XB8 View Post
But it doesnt looks as good as a purty Xray XB8 on the track.
lol...

It is a great looking kit!
Old 12-26-2007, 04:54 PM   #39
Tech Adept

I love my Xray not for just looks but also for the quality and how great it handles on the track.Now to the OCM I have seen one up close and personal and it seems like a great car.I mean you get the two best buggies made into one the Xray and the Mugen.Which means it cant be a bad car.I have watch and ran against the OCM's and they are just as competitive as the big name car manufacturers (Xray,Mugen,Kyosho,Team Associated,Losi,ect,ect,ect).So until you see one run or have driven one dont knock the car just because of its price.Like the ole boy said (You cant judge a book by its cover)

Last edited by Xray XB8; 12-26-2007 at 05:46 PM.
Xray XB8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2007, 05:06 PM   #40
Tech Elite

I know A.B. i just wonted to see what buggy people would buy and why, not talk other products down i guess that's what i get for trying to start a thread to help other people buy a car on true facts.
Old 12-26-2007, 05:06 PM   #41
Tech Elite

I know A.B. i just wonted to see what buggy people would buy and why, not talk other products down i guess that's what i get for trying to start a thread to help other people buy a car on true facts.
Old 12-26-2007, 07:29 PM   #42
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

First of all, I'm kidding the guy back that was obviously kidding me with his reply...

For the rest of you OCM freaks - http://www.neobuggy.net/modules/news...p?storyid=3051

Come in second to Drake and we'll continue this conversation.

Pre-Worlds was a wash out. Great for the people that won it and all, but it was a-typical of any national/international race.

The Hyper 8.5 is a about as capable a buggy as it gets for the money.

I didn't start out slaggin' OCM. I think it is probably a good value and a good buggy for club racing. Leave us OFNA/Ho Bao freaks alone. I was merely suggesting that the poster consider it.

BTW ~ I'm kidding with my replies to this post. OCM is a good buggy. There are a lot of really good buggies out on the market. Get what you want. Flame me if it makes you happy. I don't care.
rabidsquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2007, 08:07 PM   #43
Tech Elite

no one is flaming you i agree to each is his own and just about any buggy can be a contender as long as it has the right driver.
Old 12-26-2007, 11:55 PM   #44
Tech Initiate

rabidsquirrel,

I don't have any affiliation myself with OCM but posting results in which the car was not even present as an indication or implied indication that it does not stack up is a bit unfair wouldn't you say?

That race (I was there) did not get the turnout that was expected which is evident by the fact that a few in that list were local drivers and not the upper echelon of pro's.

Actually I look forward to getting a closer look at the OCM.
cfish8u2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 12:23 AM   #45
Tech Addict

Send a message via AIM to IanWright

RC8. Putting my money where my mouth is 'cos i just got one... gets it's first outing tomorrow with a bit of luck.

I'm making the jump from a second hand Kyosho i have spent 6 months learning the basics on and getting fair results with so far. It's getting tired and its time to start learning to set up rather than maintain and push my driving forward. Comes a point when you have to stop throwing money at the old one and start fresh with the new.
IanWright is offline   Reply With Quote