R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 12-22-2007, 10:22 AM   #1
Tech Adept

Default ofna versus team vtx

im am getting in to this hobby and i have narrowed my choices down to the team vtx vxt b1 or te ofna hyper 7. i want people who have owned both and the pros and cons of both. i can get them for about the same price and my lhs carries both so give me facts
maycam10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2007, 10:59 AM   #2
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to crazy4wdracer

They are both pretty good but the ofna has a better engine. Are you racing or bashing it?
crazy4wdracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2007, 12:28 PM   #3
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

I don't agree with the Ofna having a better engine. If you break in the VTX engine properly, it's a beast! It does take a little gentler break in than the average engine, but when done well, it will run really strong and will last. I do have to admit that the carb on the VTX engine ain't the greatest.

crazy4wdracer does pose a good question: are you planning on racing or on bashing? If you are planning on racing, I would personally recommend the VTX. The Hyper 7 is an older design buggy that will not handle as nicely and smoothly as the design of the VTX. If I compare my VTX with the Ofna from my buddy, the Ofna is more of a tank. Both buggies do hold up well for bashing. VTX is coming out with a race roller (VTX-B1X) soon, which would be an excellent choice if you plan on racing. It will have newly designed plastic, diffs and chassis pan. It will be cheaper than the RTR, but you will still have to buy the electronics and engine, which is something you will end up replacing on both the Ofna and the VTX if you really get into racing....
ehartman_49348 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2007, 11:23 PM   #4
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

The VTXB1 is an awsome buggy. I suggest a few upgrades, such as the front shock tower, and decent servos, but this car handles good, has plenty of adjustment options, and can handle racing situations, and bashing, if that is what you want to do.
The stock .26 can be a little bit of a pain to tune, but there is plenty of info on thier site to help with that.
If you decide to race, more than likely you will end up switching to some type of .21 anyways, but the car can handle anything you throw at it, just as well as many of the high end cars. I have been racing mine, and have done pretty well. Most people in my area, have never even heard of VTX, but I have beaten many of them.
Make sure you give VTX a look. I have seen many other low end buggies, and for the price, you can't beat this buggy! They are very well made. Thier customer service is pretty much top notch too!

Good Luck!
itsshemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 12:09 AM   #5
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Have a look at this TEAM VTX B-1 review by RC-Universe

RCUNIVERSE review
pieter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 05:55 AM   #6
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pieter View Post
Have a look at this TEAM VTX B-1 review by RC-Universe

RCUNIVERSE review
Thanks for posting the link. I was looking for this thread, so I could post the link to the review myself... :-)

On the review: make sure that you watch the video and you will see that the car handles excellent straight out of the box!
ehartman_49348 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 04:15 PM   #7
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

it is the best out of the box RTR I have ever seen even that AM radio played its part well and now with the new release RTR buggy and truggy coming with a FM radio it is going to be even better
pieter is offline   Reply With Quote