R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 12-24-2007, 08:35 AM   #16
Tech Apprentice

Ok here is what I have, and well just what I think of them.

Savage X first nitro rc I bought. And while I loved this vehicle it got boring rather quickly. But it did teach me the basics of rc IE how to drive, wrench, and jump anything I could get my hands on, but I found that bashing just was not for me, so I turned it in to my savage X8 project which I am still working on, but anyways back to the subject.

I heard my LHS was opening a track, so I did like Jslider did and ran to my LHS to find out as much info as I could, and I came upon my buggy the Losi 8 RTR which I upgraded with everything I could to make it a pro, It was during the time when all the pro kits where on backorder or not out yet or something like that, but anyways. I really liked it and using the fast is slow technique got halfway desent at it #1 in B-main usually, which I think is pretty good for a 1st time track man. But after the first race I was hooked and still am. But coming from my basher background this year I decided upon a......

Mugen MBX5T prospec. Although I have not run it yet I did do my homework on it and found it to be my best choice for racing. This in my opinion would be an awesome vehicle for anyone basher or racer, I do beleive any truggy would fit that bill. They are tough as nails, and can easily be made ready for any track. Now one thing about the Mugen though it is a kit which means that it must be put together. No engine, electronics, or exhaust. So that meens you can custom tailor it to you. Powerful engine or one just to get you started. High end electronics or ones just to get you started, and so on and so on.

If all you are going to do is bash, then get a rtr pro kits are more for racers, i dont really see any adantages that a basher would gain from a kit besides some of the parts are made out of aluminum so they are a little stronger, but mostly just to be light, and of course lighter equals faster. But sometimes going lighter for a basher means more broken parts. But for a racer it just could give him the edge he neads. And of course always check with your LHS to see what spare parts they have so your not down for weeks waiting on parts off the internet. (sorry strong beleiver in supporting my local track!) So anyways this is just my two cents, and I hope that it helps. And remember always make an educated desision when getting into rc! Otherwise you just spent 600 bucks on some scrap plastic and alumminum!

Losi 8ight
RB S311

Mugen MBX5T Prospec
Trinity Platinum Draked W/JP-4

Airtronics, Spektrum, King Headz, Rb, Losi, Hpi, Amb, Ford, Bud Light, Hitec, Dynamite, Proline, qoncepts, Jconcepts, Mugen, Trinity, Ofna, JR, and on and on!
Scott8ight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 11:49 PM   #17
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via MSN to Dave_x8

id say get a LST they look sweet and are tuff as nails
Dave_x8 is offline   Reply With Quote