R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 12-23-2007, 01:26 PM   #31

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyper7vspec View Post
No i have never owned a ninja myself,i have however tuned them and a few of my mates used to rum them and a few guys at our club still run them.So i have had hands on experience with the ninjas and the os motors.From this experience i can safely say the os is a better motor.My vspec ran longer to a tank,had more power,was easyer to tune and was more reliable.

I swear by OS because they are probably the most reliable motors you can buy.And they are no slouch in power either.
Sorry i was a bit harsh, but dont u think your comment here is much better than your previous... and now i will tend to aggree with u here, although i think the Ninja has the better top end from what i have seen.
Loop&Roll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007, 05:00 PM   #32
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to hyper7vspec

As long as your happy mate,thats all that really matters.

TLR - OMP/Modelflight - Orion - Proline - Nitrolux Fuel - Savox - HobbyWing - RCRS.com.au - Schelle - NVision - Ace Hobbies
hyper7vspec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007, 10:08 PM   #33
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

I do have a reason for stating the Ninja will last twice as long. I have rebuilt both for friends, I have heard the crank pins wear fairly quickly on the V-specs. I checked the Rockwell hardness on a Novarossi and a Os. The Nova was 54 Rockwell and the Os was 40 Rockwell. (big difference) Just take a file to both and you can tell a big difference. (I haven't checked a Ninja but I'm guessing its as hard as a Nova) Also the Ninja I worked on had been run lean and got hot but the crank looked awesome and wasn't worn at all. It has an anti wear coating that seems to help and maybe makes it harder. I think Os addressed this in the Speed as it looks to have a hardcoat on the crank.

Rex
22Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2007, 08:29 AM   #34
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to SkarTisu Send a message via Yahoo to SkarTisu

I've run V-Specs for a couple of years now, and am very happy with the engines. I've watched some folks in our state series with Ninjas to see how they've fared, and it looks like they're harder to tune and keep running than the V-Specs. I do NOT have first hand experience though. I know that the engines are fast from watching them on the track, and the guys who have them say they have a very smooth powerband.

I'm going to tear my engines down and check the crank pins on them for roundness. Both of my V-Specs needed pinching at about the 3 gallon mark. Like 22Racer said, the crank pins on the V-Specs are relatively soft, but I can't comment on what that means for longevity of the pin yet. As far as performance, I've never wished for more power than I currently have yet. I think they're one of the best values on the market, even if they're not going to run 10+ gallons.
Old 12-26-2007, 09:39 AM   #35
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkarTisu View Post
I've run V-Specs for a couple of years now, and am very happy with the engines. I've watched some folks in our state series with Ninjas to see how they've fared, and it looks like they're harder to tune and keep running than the V-Specs. I do NOT have first hand experience though. I know that the engines are fast from watching them on the track, and the guys who have them say they have a very smooth powerband.

I'm going to tear my engines down and check the crank pins on them for roundness. Both of my V-Specs needed pinching at about the 3 gallon mark. Like 22Racer said, the crank pins on the V-Specs are relatively soft, but I can't comment on what that means for longevity of the pin yet. As far as performance, I've never wished for more power than I currently have yet. I think they're one of the best values on the market, even if they're not going to run 10+ gallons.

Bravo! That could be one of the best, non biased opinions of the vspec I have seen yet! Plenty of power, tunes very easily, great runtimes, but they (generally speaking) tend to not last as long as other mills (assuming regular wear...not user error). I still like the Ninja better, but for the price you can now pick up a vspec for, they are very attractive and cannot be touched at that price imo...
gtsum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2007, 02:11 PM   #36
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

The ninja wins, motor and 053 pipe are on the way.