R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 12-22-2007, 11:20 PM   #16
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

Loop & Roll, what is your experience with the ninja? It sounds as if I cant go wrong with the ninja, I already own a vspec but I am buying another buggy and motor tomorrow for next season and wouldnt mind trying something new for a motor. Also what glow plugs work well on these motors? A friend of mine seems to think you can only use the ninja plugs but neither of us are sure.n
Old 12-23-2007, 12:21 AM   #17
Tech Regular

v spec - os p3 plugs all year round all ive used and they work great

Ninja - Novarossi 6 turbo plugs i found worked very well in the engine
Megacrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007, 01:32 AM   #18

I dont have experience with them, a friend has one and I know it goes hard... I also dont have any experience with the OS. I know ppl who have them and they seem good... I myself would go the ninja...

The ninja is a good choice goes hard but can be a little finky to tune, but i am comparing to an axe rossi who a 2yr old could tune.

my 2cents
Loop&Roll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007, 02:23 AM   #19
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to GenReaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loop&Roll View Post
Ummm, no offence mate but have u even owned a Ninja... post like that with no comment!!! I suppose u think the OS is the obsolute best, bar none, PERIOD!!!!

put a smiley in there if u r joking!!!
Ha Ha, poor Andrew got owned.
Hes an OS fanboy sif he would have owned a Ninja, hes even too scared to have a drag with my Go Tech 5 Port :]

Just bought a OS myself, Andrew swears by them "Only reason i am trying one" and wins many events localy at club meetings, my motor seems to have good bottom end with good runtime "8 mins compared to 10.5mins with my Go Tech" but doesnt seem to have the top end of my Go Tech 5 Port, which btw is modified by myself. Bear in mind my OS motor hasnt even seen much more than a litre of fuel thru it yet. So i cant even say what the wear and tear on these motors are like yet.

As for the Ninja, couldnt say, have not owned one myself but from what ive seen from the guys who run them at our local track the seem to be pretty good thruout the whole rev range but i would have to say ide think the OS does still have more bottom end grunt.

My 2 cents worth.
HPI Baja 5B SS
My videos : http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=genreaper
GenReaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007, 02:55 AM   #20
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

there is a pretty big difference between the 2007 Vspec engines and the pre-2007 motors.... the 2007 motors have killer top end that is likely the best of any Offroad 21
Maximo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007, 03:11 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenReaper View Post
Ha Ha, poor Andrew got owned.
Hes an OS fanboy sif he would have owned a Ninja, hes even too scared to have a drag with my Go Tech 5 Port :]

Just bought a OS myself, Andrew swears by them "Only reason i am trying one" and wins many events localy at club meetings, my motor seems to have good bottom end with good runtime "8 mins compared to 10.5mins with my Go Tech" but doesnt seem to have the top end of my Go Tech 5 Port, which btw is modified by myself. Bear in mind my OS motor hasnt even seen much more than a litre of fuel thru it yet. So i cant even say what the wear and tear on these motors are like yet.

As for the Ninja, couldnt say, have not owned one myself but from what ive seen from the guys who run them at our local track the seem to be pretty good thruout the whole rev range but i would have to say ide think the OS does still have more bottom end grunt.

My 2 cents worth.
Yes the OS prolly does have better grunt down low...
Loop&Roll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007, 04:30 AM   #22
Tech Regular

I think if ya wanna try a new motor, bite the bullet and get the ninja. That way you can see for yourself if it's a good motor.

On the other hand, if you like OS then perhaps lash out and get a Speed?
lowey79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007, 07:22 AM   #23
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to windellmc

I would like to try an OS, but I still see a lot of broken crankcases. That scares me off a little.
Old 12-23-2007, 11:23 AM   #24
Tech Regular

I have had both and both are very good. The vpec has a little more bottom end, but the Ninja is smoother all the way through the powerband...it also revs a little higher. Run a 2050 with the vzpec and a 53 pipe with the Ninja. The vspec gets a little bit more runtime as well. They both tune easily, with the OS being more forgiving in this department - the Ninja likes a leaner LSN then the OS....in the end, I liked my Ninja better, but you really cannot go wrong with either one...oh yeah, I also think the Ninja is better made and will last longer as well....
gtsum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007, 11:25 AM   #25
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to hyper7vspec

Quote:
Ummm, no offence mate but have u even owned a Ninja... post like that with no comment!!! I suppose u think the OS is the obsolute best, bar none, PERIOD!!!!

put a smiley in there if u r joking!!!
No i have never owned a ninja myself,i have however tuned them and a few of my mates used to rum them and a few guys at our club still run them.So i have had hands on experience with the ninjas and the os motors.From this experience i can safely say the os is a better motor.My vspec ran longer to a tank,had more power,was easyer to tune and was more reliable.

I swear by OS because they are probably the most reliable motors you can buy.And they are no slouch in power either.

TLR - OMP/Modelflight - Orion - Proline - Nitrolux Fuel - Savox - HobbyWing - RCRS.com.au - Schelle - NVision - Ace Hobbies
hyper7vspec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007, 11:40 AM   #26
Tech Master

I appreciate all of everyones feedback but I have to admit it is still going to be a tough choice. I guess I will make up my mind on the way to my hobby shop.
Old 12-23-2007, 11:44 AM   #27
Tech Elite

Hey if your just after a new motor what about trying a OS Speed,Novarossi plus 21-7t (or a 21-5t depends on track size) or an rb c6 t7.They are the 3 top motors out at the moment for pure performance.

TLR - OMP/Modelflight - Orion - Proline - Nitrolux Fuel - Savox - HobbyWing - RCRS.com.au - Schelle - NVision - Ace Hobbies
Old 12-23-2007, 12:13 PM   #28
Tech Master

You have a very good point and while I would love to try the speed or the c6bb7t they are a little out of my price range. I can get a standard vspec or a ninja for 264.00 from my local hobby shop.
Old 12-23-2007, 12:23 PM   #29
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

i have never owned a vspec, but owned 2 ninjas. i got out of nitro for a while, but continued to watch the races. watched 3-4 vspecs blow within 45 days of each other at my track! i just got back into nitro and can't wait to break in my new bo1a. from my experience, these motors are powerful and very smooth. i had no trouble tuning them and they held a tune well. as for longevity, ninja hands down. read this thread http://www.truggyracers.com/forum/in...opic=5488&st=0
tallyram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007, 01:23 PM   #30
Tech Elite

Well goodluck with whatever you choose,Sounds like you just want to try something new which is understandable.

Have fun with your new motor!